Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Really? I think we’re pretty stacked at WR. Obviously, there’s not a lot of guarantees with our WRs, but we have the talent.

    Williams and Edwards should both be solid #2 receivers. Ruggs should be the #1. Then agholor and TE grow are both good #3 receivers. Then you have a bunch of wildcards.

    We may be lacking a proven #1 receiver. But at the very least, were loaded with depth.
    Maybe you're right, IDK. Going into the season, you figure it's Ruggs-Williams-Renfrow as starters, with Agholor, Doss, and Edwards off the bench. Maybe Edwards starts ahead of Williams. It's not as disgusting as what they trotted out last season but there are a lot of concerns.

    We're expecting Ruggs to dominate right away (reasonable for the 14th overall pick) but even Tyreek Hill and Brandin Cooks took a year to get there, with better QBs throwing to them.

    Williams has had one good season, when Keenan Allen got injured in the first game of the year, but even then, he only had around 150-200 more yards then the Chargers' next two receiving leaders Dontrell Inman and Travis Benjamin. Since then, his stats have been underwhelming and he can't stay healthy.

    Renfrow seems legit and I'm excited to see what he does this year.

    Edwards is a 3rd round rookie.

    Agholor is kind of like Williams but his peak was not as high. He is good as a 4th option but not much more than that.

    Doss didn't do anything worthwhile. Sure, he was an UDFA rookie but he failed to live up to the hype. He might not make the active roster.

    Ateman is just a camp body, he probably goes on the PS, if not cut entirely.

    Zay Jones is a huge bust and at this point. He'd need a Waller-like turnaround in his career to make an impact, which seems really unlikely. I don't think he'll make the team.

    They might but even keep 6 WRs on the roster this year because of Bowden. I think they keep an extra guy somewhere else in the roster (DB, seemingly QB or TE lol) and use Bowden as the 4th/5th option.


    TL;DR I think maybe the bottom of the WR depth chart is better than average but the top is questionable and just ok even if you assume Ruggs will dominate straight away.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,454
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Maybe you're right, IDK. Going into the season, you figure it's Ruggs-Williams-Renfrow as starters, with Agholor, Doss, and Edwards off the bench. Maybe Edwards starts ahead of Williams. It's not as disgusting as what they trotted out last season but there are a lot of concerns.

    We're expecting Ruggs to dominate right away (reasonable for the 14th overall pick) but even Tyreek Hill and Brandin Cooks took a year to get there, with better QBs throwing to them.

    Williams has had one good season, when Keenan Allen got injured in the first game of the year, but even then, he only had around 150-200 more yards then the Chargers' next two receiving leaders Dontrell Inman and Travis Benjamin. Since then, his stats have been underwhelming and he can't stay healthy.

    Renfrow seems legit and I'm excited to see what he does this year.

    Edwards is a 3rd round rookie.

    Agholor is kind of like Williams but his peak was not as high. He is good as a 4th option but not much more than that.

    Doss didn't do anything worthwhile. Sure, he was an UDFA rookie but he failed to live up to the hype. He might not make the active roster.

    Ateman is just a camp body, he probably goes on the PS, if not cut entirely.

    Zay Jones is a huge bust and at this point. He'd need a Waller-like turnaround in his career to make an impact, which seems really unlikely. I don't think he'll make the team.

    They might but even keep 6 WRs on the roster this year because of Bowden. I think they keep an extra guy somewhere else in the roster (DB, seemingly QB or TE lol) and use Bowden as the 4th/5th option.


    TL;DR I think maybe the bottom of the WR depth chart is better than average but the top is questionable and just ok even if you assume Ruggs will dominate straight away.
    If we keep 6, Doss better start playing special teams if he wants to be one of those. Backup receivers who don’t play ST aren’t all that common, or an efficient use of roster space.

    Or a weekly inactive like most of last year.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    16,157
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    If we keep 6, Doss better start playing special teams if he wants to be one of those. Backup receivers who don’t play ST aren’t all that common, or an efficient use of roster space.

    Or a weekly inactive like most of last year.
    I don't see Doss making it this year, not with this group.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    16,157
    Raiders waived Kizer.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,327
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Other then the Rams and Cowboys making epic mistakes paying such large contracts to a RB most teams are willing to let their starting RB's holdout until they come to their senses and take a smaller reasonable deal or get moved on elsewhere.
    Is it an epic mistake to pay a rb who averaged 1351 yards a season and 10 tds a season???

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    8,502
    Probably not an epic mistake depending on if your offense is committed to the run and the contract is cap friendly in case that bright star burns out prematurely due to injury...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    58,196
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Probably not an epic mistake depending on if your offense is committed to the run and the contract is cap friendly in case that bright star burns out prematurely due to injury...
    A player like Christian McCaffery is worth every penny..

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    A player like Christian McCaffery is worth every penny..
    He will probably be the exception to every rule....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    8,502
    Plus McCaffery is at about the $16mil per mark...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,327
    Zeke is worth it too. Avg of 1351 yards a season for the last four years with ten tds a year.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    10,571
    Would y’all trade a 2nd for Jamaal Adams?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,055
    In a heartbeat

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Is it an epic mistake to pay a rb who averaged 1351 yards a season and 10 tds a season???
    To a long term high money contract, you bet it is. I would rather pay two good RB's average money than 1 great RB overpay money. That money could be better used on defense, offensive line, etc...
    Last edited by krsonekth; 05-13-2020 at 09:33 PM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,265
    QB.
    Derek Carr – 22.125M (2014 R2 -36 overall)
    Marcus Mariotta – 3.5M (2015 R1-2 Titans)
    Nathan Peterman – 1.025M (2017 R5-171 Bills)

    OL.
    Kolton Miller – 13.469M (2018 R1-15)
    Jaryd Jones-Smith <1M (2018 Undrafted FA Texans)
    Richie Incognito – 1.227M (2005 R3-81 Rams)
    John Simpson <1M (2020 R4-109)
    Andre James – 2.503M (2019 Undrafted FA)
    Nick Martin – 1.75M (2016 R2-50 Texans)
    Erik Magnuson - <1M (2017 Undrafted FA 49ers)
    Jimmy Morrissey (ROOKIE) (2021 R7-230)
    Denzelle Good – 4.12M (2015 R7-255 Colts)
    Lester Cotton - <1M (2019 Undrafted FA)
    Alex Leatherwood (ROOKIE) (2021 R1-17)
    Brandon Parker – 2.447M (2018 R3-65)

    RB.
    Josh Jacobs – 3.254M (2019 R1-24)
    Kenyan Drake – 3.0M (2016 R3-73 Dolphins)
    Jalen Richard - 3.5M (2016 Undrafted FA)
    Theo Riddick <1M (2013 R6-199)
    Alec Ingold - <1M (2019 Undrafted FA)

    WR.
    Henry Ruggs III 3.789M (2020 R1-12)
    Willie Snead <1M (2014 Undrafted FA Browns)
    Hunter Renfrow - <1M (2019 R5-149)
    John Brown – 3.526M (2014 R3-91 Cards)
    Zay Jones – 2.5M (2017 R2-37 Bills)
    Marcel Ateman - <1M (2018 R7-228)
    Bryan Edwards 1.066M (2020 R3-81)
    Tray Quinn <1M (2018 R7-256 WFT)
    Keelan Doss <1M (2019 Undrafted FA)

    TE.
    Darren Waller – 6.37M (2015 R6-204 Ravens)
    Foster Moreau - <1M (2019 R4-137)
    Derek Carrier - <1M (2012 Undrafted FA)
    Carson Williams <1M (2021 Undrafted FA)

    LB.
    Cory Littleton – 9.355M (2016 Undrafted FA Rams)
    Nick Kwiatkoski – 4.8M (2016 R4-113 Bears)
    Nicholas Morrow – 4.5M (2017 Undrafted FA)
    Tanner Muse – 1.022M (2020 R3-100)
    James Onwualu <1M (2017 Undrafted FA Chargers)
    Asmar Bilal <1M (2020 Undrafted FA Chargers)
    Javin White <1M (2020 Undrafted FA)

    CBs.
    Trayvon Mullen - 1.979M (2019 R2-40)
    Damon Arnette – 3.049M (2020 R1-19)
    Isaiah Johnson – 1.015M (2019 R4-129)
    Amik Robertson <1M (2020 R4-139)
    Nevin Lawson - 1.125M (2014 R4-133 Lions)
    Keisean Nixon - <1M (2019 Undrafted FA)
    Rasul Douglas <1M (2017 R3-99 Eagles)
    Nate Hobbs (ROOKIE) (2021 R5-167)

    Safeties
    Jonathan Abram – 3.135M (2019 R1-27)
    Jeff Heath - 3.15M (2013 Unrestricted FA Cowboys)
    Karl Joseph - <1M (2016 R1-14)
    Dallin Leavitt - <1M (2018 Undrafted FA)
    Rashaan Gaulden <1M (2018 R3-85 Panthers)
    Divine Deablo (ROOKIE) (2021 R3-80)
    Trevon Moehrik (ROOKIE) (2021 R2-43)
    Tyree Gillespie (ROOKIE) (2021 R4-143)

    DT.
    Quinton Jefferson – 3.25M (2016 R5-147 Seahawks)
    Johnathan Hankins – 3.5M (2013 R2-49 Giant)
    Solomon Thomas – 2.803M (2017 R1-3 49ers)
    Matt Dickerson – 1.0M (2018 Undrafted FA Titans)
    Kendall Vickers <1M (2018 Undrafted FA Steelers)
    Niles Scott <1M (2018 Undrafted FA 49ers)

    DE.
    Yannick Ngakoue – 13M (2016 R3-69 Jags)
    Carl Nassib – 4.9M (2016 R3-65 Browns)
    Clelin Ferrell – 8.553M (2019 R1-4)
    Maxx Crosby – 1.045M (2019 R4-106)
    David Irving – 1.04M (2015 Undrafted FA Chiefs)
    Darius Philon <1M (2015 R6-192 Chargers)
    Malcolm Koonce (ROOKIE) (2021 R3-79)
    Gerri Green <1M (2019 R6-199 Colts)

    Special Teams
    Trent Sieg – 1.307M (2018 Undrafted FA Ravens)
    Daniel Carlson – 3.384M (2018 R5-167 Vikings)
    AJ Cole - <1M (2019 Undrafted FA)
    Dominik Eberle <1M (2020 Undrafted FA)
    Last edited by GeniusLoci; 05-02-2021 at 12:00 AM.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,454
    Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    QB.
    Derek Carr – 22.125M
    Marcus Mariotta – 3.5M
    Nathan Peterman – 1.025M

    OL.
    Kolton Miller – 13.469M
    Jaryd Jones-Smith <1M
    Richie Incognito – 1.227M
    John Simpson <1M
    Andre James – 2.503M
    Nick Martin – 1.75M
    Erik Magnuson - <1M
    Jimmy Morrissey (ROOKIE)
    Denzelle Good – 4.12M
    Lester Cotton - <1M
    Alex Leatherwood (ROOKIE)
    Brandon Parker – 2.447M

    RB.
    Josh Jacobs – 3.254M
    Kenyan Drake – 3.0M
    Jalen Richard - 3.5M
    Theo Riddick <1M
    Alec Ingold - <1M

    WR.
    Henry Ruggs III 3.789M
    Willie Snead <1M
    Hunter Renfrow - <1M
    John Brown – 3.526M
    Zay Jones – 2.5M
    Marcel Ateman - <1M
    Bryan Edwards 1.066M
    Tray Quinn <1M
    Keelan Doss <1M

    TE.
    Darren Waller – 6.37M
    Foster Moreau - <1M
    Derek Carrier - <1M
    Carson Williams <1M

    LB.
    Cory Littleton – 9.355M
    Nick Kwiatkoski – 4.8M
    Nicholas Morrow – 4.5M
    Tanner Muse – 1.022M
    James Onwualu <1M
    Asmar Bilal <1M
    Javin White <1M

    CBs.
    Trayvon Mullen - 1.979M
    Damon Arnette – 3.049M
    Isaiah Johnson – 1.015M
    Amik Robertson <1M
    Nevin Lawson - 1.125M
    Keisean Nixon - <1M
    Rasul Douglas <1M
    Nate Hobbs (ROOKIE)

    Safeties
    Jonathan Abram – 3.135M
    Jeff Heath - 3.15M
    Karl Joseph - <1M
    Dallin Leavitt - <1M
    Rashaan Gaulden <1M
    Divine Deablo (ROOKIE)
    Trevon Moehrik (ROOKIE)
    Tyree Gillespie (ROOKIE)

    DT.
    Quinton Jefferson – 3.25M
    Johnathan Hankins – 3.5M
    Solomon Thomas – 2.803M
    Matt Dickerson – 1.0M
    Kendall Vickers <1M
    Niles Scott <1M

    DE.
    Yannick Ngakoue – 13M
    Carl Nassib – 4.9M
    Clelin Ferrell – 8.553M
    Maxx Crosby – 1.045M
    David Irving – 1.04M
    Darius Philon <1M
    Malcolm Koonce (ROOKIE)
    Gerri Green

    Special Teams
    Trent Sieg – 1.307M
    Daniel Carlson – 3.384M
    AJ Cole - <1M
    Dominik Eberle <1M
    Deablo a linebacker they’ve said, but great list. Very informative.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •