Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 130
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,306

    Eagles Trade for Goodwin

    Eagles are trading for 49ers WR Marquise Goodwin, per source.

    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...22377715343363
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate



    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519
    Happened yesterday during the 5th round. 49ers and eagles basically swapped 6th round picks (moving the 49ers up 20 spots).

    Also, after the trade the eagles restructured Goodwins contract because he had no guaranteed money left.

    Your baby can't do this

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,073
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Also, after the trade the eagles restructured Goodwins contract because he had no guaranteed money left.
    Hmm, interesting. Instead of $4M in 2020 and $5M in 2021, all non-guaranteed, he now has a 1-year $1.35M contract with $1M in incentives. I assume the base salary is guaranteed, else I see no reason why he would agree to scrap the old contract.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,015
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Hmm, interesting. Instead of $4M in 2020 and $5M in 2021, all non-guaranteed, he now has a 1-year $1.35M contract with $1M in incentives. I assume the base salary is guaranteed, else I see no reason why he would agree to scrap the old contract.

    Any idea on the incentive terms? He didn't do much last year so easy to get them considered not likely to be earned and delay the cap hit.

    At a lower cap/cash number he gives himself a much better shot at actually making the roster at least.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Hmm, interesting. Instead of $4M in 2020 and $5M in 2021, all non-guaranteed, he now has a 1-year $1.35M contract with $1M in incentives. I assume the base salary is guaranteed, else I see no reason why he would agree to scrap the old contract.
    With all the speed that the eagles drafted, I think it wasnít necessarily a guarantee that heíd make the roster tbh since the eagles could cut him for nothing. With this new contract, they are tied to him a little more and he will at least get that 1.35mill if they do cut him

    Your baby can't do this

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,751
    Howie talked about the WR room and DJax/Goodwin being vet presences along with Ertz from the TE room. No mention of Alshon at all. Woof.

    Although I do remember something in Alshons scouting report about there was a high likelihood of him bouncing around the league because at South Carolina he got heavy and had drop issues when it became apparent that he would be an unseated starter.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Howie talked about the WR room and DJax/Goodwin being vet presences along with Ertz from the TE room. No mention of Alshon at all. Woof.

    Although I do remember something in Alshons scouting report about there was a high likelihood of him bouncing around the league because at South Carolina he got heavy and had drop issues when it became apparent that he would be an unseated starter.
    I think the eagles are moving on from alshon. They can cut him at some point (I think after July 1) for less of a cap hit and until then they can pray that someone will trade for him

    Your baby can't do this

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,237
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I think the eagles are moving on from alshon. They can cut him at some point (I think after July 1) for less of a cap hit and until then they can pray that someone will trade for him
    Are you sure that's how it works? I've never heard of a team being able to cut someone at certain times to lower a cap hit.

    Maybe you're referring to a post June 1st cut? That doesn't lower the cap hit really, it just spreads it out over 2 years. And they could release him at any time with that designation... They don't need to wait until June to do so.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,968
    If only Howie could have paid someone to trade for Alshon yesterday it would have made it a perfect day.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,800
    If only Howie could have paid someone to trade for Alshon yesterday it would have made it a perfect day.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,431
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Are you sure that's how it works? I've never heard of a team being able to cut someone at certain times to lower a cap hit.

    Maybe you're referring to a post June 1st cut? That doesn't lower the cap hit really, it just spreads it out over 2 years. And they could release him at any time with that designation... They don't need to wait until June to do so.
    Youíre not the only one who is confused by his posts.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Are you sure that's how it works? I've never heard of a team being able to cut someone at certain times to lower a cap hit.

    Maybe you're referring to a post June 1st cut? That doesn't lower the cap hit really, it just spreads it out over 2 years. And they could release him at any time with that designation... They don't need to wait until June to do so.
    Not sure tbh. I just saw somewhere that there is a benefit of cutting him after a certain point with this new CBA. I donít know too much about it tbh

    Your baby can't do this

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Youíre not the only one who is confused by his posts.
    Itís hilarious that I live in your mind. Grow up

    Your baby can't do this

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    If only Howie could have paid someone to trade for Alshon yesterday it would have made it a perfect day.
    Lmao for real

    Your baby can't do this

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,073
    The only reasonable way to get rid of Alshon this year is with a trade. The dead cap if he was released this year is the same as if he spent a season on the roster and was released/traded next year. So this year Howie's only hope is that Alshon gets healthy by training camp and another team desperately needs a receiver. Right now he's still recovering from the Lisfranc fracture so nobody would trade for him.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •