Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Eagles Trade for Goodwin

Eagles are trading for 49ers WR Marquise Goodwin, per source.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...22377715343363
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Happened yesterday during the 5th round. 49ers and eagles basically swapped 6th round picks (moving the 49ers up 20 spots).

Also, after the trade the eagles restructured Goodwins contract because he had no guaranteed money left.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Also, after the trade the eagles restructured Goodwins contract because he had no guaranteed money left.
    Hmm, interesting. Instead of $4M in 2020 and $5M in 2021, all non-guaranteed, he now has a 1-year $1.35M contract with $1M in incentives. I assume the base salary is guaranteed, else I see no reason why he would agree to scrap the old contract.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Hmm, interesting. Instead of $4M in 2020 and $5M in 2021, all non-guaranteed, he now has a 1-year $1.35M contract with $1M in incentives. I assume the base salary is guaranteed, else I see no reason why he would agree to scrap the old contract.

Any idea on the incentive terms? He didn't do much last year so easy to get them considered not likely to be earned and delay the cap hit.

At a lower cap/cash number he gives himself a much better shot at actually making the roster at least.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    With all the speed that the eagles drafted, I think it wasnít necessarily a guarantee that heíd make the roster tbh since the eagles could cut him for nothing. With this new contract, they are tied to him a little more and he will at least get that 1.35mill if they do cut him

Your baby can't do this

Howie talked about the WR room and DJax/Goodwin being vet presences along with Ertz from the TE room. No mention of Alshon at all. Woof.

Although I do remember something in Alshons scouting report about there was a high likelihood of him bouncing around the league because at South Carolina he got heavy and had drop issues when it became apparent that he would be an unseated starter.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Howie talked about the WR room and DJax/Goodwin being vet presences along with Ertz from the TE room. No mention of Alshon at all. Woof.

Although I do remember something in Alshons scouting report about there was a high likelihood of him bouncing around the league because at South Carolina he got heavy and had drop issues when it became apparent that he would be an unseated starter.
    I think the eagles are moving on from alshon. They can cut him at some point (I think after July 1) for less of a cap hit and until then they can pray that someone will trade for him

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I think the eagles are moving on from alshon. They can cut him at some point (I think after July 1) for less of a cap hit and until then they can pray that someone will trade for him
    Are you sure that's how it works? I've never heard of a team being able to cut someone at certain times to lower a cap hit.

Maybe you're referring to a post June 1st cut? That doesn't lower the cap hit really, it just spreads it out over 2 years. And they could release him at any time with that designation... They don't need to wait until June to do so.

If only Howie could have paid someone to trade for Alshon yesterday it would have made it a perfect day.

If only Howie could have paid someone to trade for Alshon yesterday it would have made it a perfect day.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Are you sure that's how it works? I've never heard of a team being able to cut someone at certain times to lower a cap hit.

Maybe you're referring to a post June 1st cut? That doesn't lower the cap hit really, it just spreads it out over 2 years. And they could release him at any time with that designation... They don't need to wait until June to do so.
    Youíre not the only one who is confused by his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post

Not sure tbh. I just saw somewhere that there is a benefit of cutting him after a certain point with this new CBA. I donít know too much about it tbh

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Youíre not the only one who is confused by his posts.
    Itís hilarious that I live in your mind. Grow up

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Lmao for real

Your baby can't do this

The only reasonable way to get rid of Alshon this year is with a trade. The dead cap if he was released this year is the same as if he spent a season on the roster and was released/traded next year. So this year Howie's only hope is that Alshon gets healthy by training camp and another team desperately needs a receiver. Right now he's still recovering from the Lisfranc fracture so nobody would trade for him.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast