Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jameis Winston finalizing deal with Saints

seems as odd a place for Winston as the Raiders are for Mariota...difference being Carr could be traded while Brees won't
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    seems as odd a place for Winston as the Raiders are for Mariota...difference being Carr could be traded while Brees won't
    It gets even stranger to me when you think about the fact that Hill wants to be seens as more of a QB, they drafted Tommy Stevens to groom in that Hill roll, and they sign Winston. That means keeping 4 QBs or hoping you can sneak Stevens onto the PS, but I get someone would want to take him and find something for him to do.

He probably saw what 4 mediocre games with a stacked team did for Teddy Bridgwater and is banking on Brees having an injury or falling apart.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    He probably saw what 4 mediocre games with a stacked team did for Teddy Bridgewater and is banking on Brees having an injury or falling apart.
    I think most agree it makes sense for Jameis, the question is why are the Saints doing it? Seems like a vote of no confidence in Hill.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

[Bassinger] - Jameis Winston wonít be competing with Taysom Hill for the #Saintsí backup quarterback job. Has it locked up. Since 2017, he has thrown more complete passes to Saints players (eight in five games) than Hill (seven in 42 games, including the playoffs).

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It gets even stranger to me when you think about the fact that Hill wants to be seens as more of a QB, they drafted Tommy Stevens to groom in that Hill roll, and they sign Winston. That means keeping 4 QBs or hoping you can sneak Stevens onto the PS, but I get someone would want to take him and find something for him to do.
    They're not going to roster 4 QBs. Stevens is a 7th round pick so the risk of someone claiming him is minuscule -- if the Saints even try to get him onto the practice squad. If Stevens turns out to have potential, unlikely as it may be, they can always cut Winston as well.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    They're not going to roster 4 QBs. Stevens is a 7th round pick so the risk of someone claiming him is minuscule -- if the Saints even try to get him onto the practice squad. If Stevens turns out to have potential, unlikely as it may be, they can always cut Winston as well.
    Unless Stevens gives them special team ability.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    [Bassinger] - Jameis Winston wonít be competing with Taysom Hill for the #Saintsí backup quarterback job. Has it locked up. Since 2017, he has thrown more complete passes to Saints players (eight in five games) than Hill (seven in 42 games, including the playoffs).
    Lmaaaaoo

Your baby can't do this

And the Saints gave Hill a 2-year extension.

I get itís a 7th round pick and maybe just a camp arm but they threw away a pick on Stevens [emoji23]

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Isnít Simmons a Hill type? Maybe some team claims him since itís a copy cat league

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Isnít Simmons a Hill type? Maybe some team claims him since itís a copy cat league
    they traded a 6 next year for this guy. So yes, they will probably roster 4 QB. Maybe hill is a full-time fullback this year

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    And the Saints gave Hill a 2-year extension.

I get itís a 7th round pick and maybe just a camp arm but they threw away a pick on Stevens [emoji23]
    Well then it's a match made in heaven because Winston likes to throw picks too

[Sitro] Jameis Winston was offered a more lucrative deal by the Pittsburgh Steelers, per source. In the end, he decided to learn under Drew Brees and Sean Payton

Guess he felt he couldn't learn from coach and QB in Pitt. Ouch.

-Scott van Pelt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast