Raiders Draft Haul

Round 1, Pick 12: WR Henry Ruggs III
    Round 1, Pick 19: CB Damon Arnette
    Round 3, Pick 80: RB Lynn Bowden Jr.
    Round 3, Pick 81: WR Bryan Edwards
    Round 3, Pick 100: LB Tanner Muse
    Round 4, Pick 109: OG John Simpson
    Round 4, Pick 139: CB Amik Robertson

I like it. The Ruggs and Arnette picks are really growing on me as I research them further. I think this offseason we solidified went a long way to solidifying a young developing defense. Love that Gruden put his stamp on the WR position.

I would give the draft a solid B.
    Last edited by Backstabber; 04-25-2020 at 07:04 PM.

My man Ike got a bad rap

gave it a B-... although we got some good players that fit the overall scheme and what we're trying to do... but there's no denying that the 'value' of the picks were waaaay off. I think Mayock still needs some on-the-job training in moving around the draft and picking up extra picks...

Assuming there's some truth to the 9'ers and Broncos wanting Ruggs III badly, picking him over Lamb and Jeudy without trading back... okay, that's fine. But picking Arnette at 19 is just bad business... I'm sure we could've traded back to the bottom of the 1st round and could've netted us at worst an extra 3rd round pick, if not a 2nd rounder. Pick 80 could've been had later in the draft... Tanner Muse could've been had at the end of the draft, if not UDFA'd. John Simpson was a value pick, and so was Amik Robertson, but everything else either went too early, or went waaaaaay too early. I know they'll talk about culture, bla bla bla... but if you don't understand the value of the picks you're holding, you're always going to get short changed.

Agreed

B-B+. Third and fourth round was good to us. Iíd rather have Lamb or Jeudy over Ruggs. Arnette was a reach but if he turns out to be a starting caliber CB it will make this class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the players we added.

Arguable that they werenít in the right draft order or specific pick, but the takeaway is some good quality potential.

If we traded down from 19 and still got Arnette i'd have given it an A+......still a good haul of players.

Idk.

Mayock did great last year, but these players do not inspire me.

C-

B+

Love the first to picks

2020 Draft Grade: What's Your Call?

Congratulations to the Sin City Raiders for completing their very first NFL draft.

I know it's too early to know for certain which players will pan out, but what are your initial impressions of the draft? What grade would you give? (For the purposes of this discussion let's stick to the draft only. UDFA signings can be discussed in another thread.)

I canít give us an overall pick grade.
    Buuut first round
    Ruggs A. Speed and hands. Great combo
    Arnette A- was coming off mocks at the second round. He is physical and great at press.
    Theeeeen Bowden. Why? Heís a gimmick. He kinda played every position and doesnít have great numbers as a qb, or a wr. Physically gifted. He is over 6 feet tall and weighs under 200 pounds. Heís our jj backup. D grade!!!!
    Edwards is a good project. Suspect hands. Big ceiling. B-.
    Muse will be a special teamer. And backup Littleton. C
    Simpson has no chance of starting over Richie, Goode, Gabe or cotton. So we drafted a non nasty 5th og. C-
    Robertson was an excellent pick!!! If he was two inches taller, he would have been a first rounder. A

We passed on good talent for a third string og and a Swiss Army knife. We passed on talent that will come back to haunt us. Harrison, weaver, josh Kelley, Pride, madubuike, Xavier jones, Bryce hall, Tyler Johnson, and many more.

So in a nutshell we got a great wr with speed. Two very good cbs. And a project wr who gets the drops. After those pfffft. Imo
    Last edited by Megatron; 04-26-2020 at 01:11 AM.

Thereís already a thread

Someone correct me if Iím wrong but our entire defense is younger than 28.... and our secondary is full of dogs..

I like Bowden. Heís a RB to me. His pass catching is s plus. As is his passing ability.

He runs a 4.38 40. And heís an elective runner. Ran for over 1400 yards with an 8 ypc. Heís a weapon. As is ruggs. I wasnít s Riggs fan because he didnít fit the mold of a #1 receiver to be. But both these guys will be tough for teams to game plan for.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast