Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

R7 Pick 246: Malcolm Perry WR

No clue

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Per Walterfootball

Miami Dolphins: Malcolm Perry, RB/WR, Navy - C Grade
    It's unclear what position Malcolm Perry will play in Miami. He was a quarterback at Navy, but he'll have to move over to running back or receiver in the pros. I didn't think Perry was a draftable player.

I just saw highlights of Kelly he is very elusive. I could see him as a possible RB.

His profile includes a quote from a scout who expected this guy to end up in the Patriots camp so that might have to do with it, Idk.

These 6th/7th round players are all up in the air anyway. You bunch them up with the undrafted group and see who makes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I just saw highlights of Kelly he is very elusive. I could see him as a possible RB.
    He could definitely change position and/or be used for special teams.

They had him valued 61 spots lower than a long snapper. I'm guessing special teams. If he played multiple positions he is obviously very athletic, which also points in that direction.

From what I seen for a 7th round pick he was a good selection.

Every pick in the 6th and 7th is basically just locking in a player so you don't have to compete during the UDFA rush. The LS is basically just someone we liked and didn't want to bid against people for a ****ing LS. Same with this guy.

Hes a long shot considering the depth we have at WR and RB. But man I'm rooting for him. His family looked pumped and you always gotta root for the military guys.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Every pick in the 6th and 7th is basically just locking in a player so you don't have to compete during the UDFA rush. The LS is basically just someone we liked and didn't want to bid against people for a ****ing LS. Same with this guy.

Hes a long shot considering the depth we have at WR and RB. But man I'm rooting for him. His family looked pumped and you always gotta root for the military guys.
    We may have depth at RB but they mostly suck. Patrick Laird looks like he may be a decent 3rd down back but all the rest are likely guys that will be out of the league in 3 years.

Bill spent aton of time with Perry but they thought Pats would get him in UDFA and just used a 7th on him instead.

He seems like one of those high character guys, who will do what is asked, and is more of a camp body than a player with any long term plans.

High character and leadership has been big for this staff 2 years in the draft so far.

The culture change is clearly as important as the talent turnover to this staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    We may have depth at RB but they mostly suck. Patrick Laird looks like he may be a decent 3rd down back but all the rest are likely guys that will be out of the league in 3 years.
    I don't know, I still like Laird. I just think our oline was absolute dog ****. I'm excited to see what he can do with an improved offense although it'll still be tough to get snaps with Brieda and Howard.

Fun stat about Perry. He had the most rushes of of 10+ yards in college last year with 65. Dude is fast as hell. Interesting prospect and definetely someone to keep an eye on.

With how interested the Pats were with him, if this dude shows ANY potential, I'm not putting him on the PS. Hell at this point I would immediately give Ballages spot to him lol

Seems Phins are listing him at RB. He could play a Tarik Cohen role with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Seems Phins are listing him at RB. He could play a Tarik Cohen role with us.
    He'll be everything we want Grant to be.

This account has now turned into an anti-Jakeem Grant account.

This kid is growing on me a lot, his decisiveness, juke moves, and cuts, are all top level.

His footwork is outstanding.

Dunno if he makes the roster or what they plan to do w him, but im rooting for him.

Theres so much you can try to do with him i wouldnt even know where to start. Maybe a slot/gimmick play type, than slowly start adding in some running back plays.

Some sort of mix of a edelman, taysom hill, danny woodhead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast