Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

173rd pick: WR Darnell Mooney

Another trade up. Pace doing his best work in the late rounds as usual.

Pretty happy about this one. He plays up to his speed. Supposedly was at Tulane because of test scores and could have played at bigger schools.

Wanted this guy late.

Fantastic pick. Might be my favorite of the draft. Huge ceiling with Mooney.

His film is great. Love this pick.

There's the sneaky speedy receiver I knew we could wait for. Great pick.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

dabears34 loving the positivity and optimism in this thread.

Let's hope he can at least be our Johnny Knox.

I may not be an expert, but is the idea of all these draft picks so far being able to contribute in some fasion in year 1 absurd? Kmet, Johnson, and Gipson should all contribute. Gipson as a situational rusher to keep Mack/Quinn fresh. I don't know about the Kindle dude, but whatever....and this Mooney guy could serve as a deep threat and provide some value. For not having a 1s round pick, I think Pace did pretty good overall. As they say, we'll see in 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post

Let's hope he can at least be our Johnny Knox.
    It would be amazing if he could be Johnny Knox. Knox never had an Allen Robinson to draw away attention. If Miller and one of Wims/Ridley could take a step as well, the WR room would be cookin.

I don't think you'll see much at all from Vildor, but there's real upside there as a Skrine replacement after next season.

I do think most of these guys could all play a role as Rookies, some more limited than others, obviously. I'd bet on Johnson and Mooney having the biggest impact.

Truth is you have no idea what any of these picks will contribute. We drafted Ridley last year in the 4th round and some were thinking it was a great pick, then the guy hardly seen the field. Guys you think are good end up being busts, guys you donít want to be picked end up contributing. Its a real crap shoot and you can really only judge a good or bad draft after all these guys get a chance to play

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    It would be amazing if he could be Johnny Knox. Knox never had an Allen Robinson to draw away attention. If Miller and one of Wims/Ridley could take a step as well, the WR room would be cookin.
    Yeah it's a real shame we never had him for the Alshon/Marshall years.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I don't think you'll see much at all from Vildor, but there's real upside there as a Skrine replacement after next season.

I do think most of these guys could all play a role as Rookies, some more limited than others, obviously. I'd bet on Johnson and Mooney having the biggest impact.
    Yeah I can dig it. I wish we hadn't payed Skrine, that money could really do us better elsewhere right now imo. Starting safety or upgrade at rotational edge rusher would be really nice as far as vet signings go.

The way he glides and leaps for jump balls is very antonio brown esque. Not saying I expect that. I just love the way he goes up for balls.

Still like the pick, but just heard on the radio he dropped 18% of balls last year. That explains why he was there so late I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast