Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

R5 Pick 164: Curtis Weaver OLB

Since everyone is freaking out about rankings, this should make you happy. Many had him as a late 1-day 2 pick.

I liked Anae more but this is back to back years that they don't take the guy I want.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Gave up 173 and 227, one of our 7ths. Good trade.

solid pick late. developmental edge piece that a lot of TV heads had late 1st - 2nd rd pick. Just reminds everyone that website ranking and actual football minds are completely different.

One of the most productive pass rushers in this draft and we got him in the 5th. Like I said I prefer Anae, but there's a reason both are on the board this late.

Weaver seems to have everything except the athleticism. Just isn't very fast which is why he dropped. Apparently he was overweight last year and it showed. I'd expect Flo wouldn't have made this pick if he didn't think he could whip him into shape.

Imagine if he gets Weaver and Davis to play up to their talent.

I like this pick, he has a nose for getting around the edge.

Its rare in todays nfl to see undersized, unathletic edge pass rushers who can produce in the nfl (charles harris), but this kid may pull it off.

Def worth the draft pick to find out.

He is 100% not underweight. He currently weight 260 as a 4-3 DE, let alone an OLB. He lost 30 pounds when he came to Boise St and went from DT to DE. If anything we need to have him drop weight.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    He is 100% not underweight. He currently weight 260 as a 4-3 DE, let alone an OLB. He lost 30 pounds when he came to Boise St and went from DT to DE. If anything we need to have him drop weight.
    Yeah and some people say he gained some of that back in 19' and thus why his play slipped a little. Flores will get him back into shape.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Well, hes fat...

You can be fat and still be undersized...

But hes listed as an OLB? If they move him to DE sure, but if he's an OLB then he's extremely overweight.

Daniel Jeremiah said it perfectly. Hes a good player with a terrible body. Main reason he dropped.

Or doesnt matter much what position hes listed as, his job is gonna be to rush the passer. Needs to lose the excess weight.

He doesnt have the body to hold extra weight. Hes not that kind of athlete.

steal of the draft right here

MARLINS
    ROCKETS
    DOLPHINS

Fat boy better start getting in shape now, or he wont make it a month in that florida heat