Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dolphins trade for RB Matt Brieda

This is what we got for 153. Much better value than any RB still on the board and arguably better than what we could have gotten after the top 5.

Legit love Brieda. Just needs to stay healthy.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Thats a incredible trade.

Apparently we discussed a trade for Fournette a few weeks ago but nothing came together. Brieda is much cheaper and arguably a better RB. Has an incredible 5.0 ypc. Just needs to stay healthy.

I'm so on board for a Howard Brieda backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Apparently we discussed a trade for Fournette a few weeks ago but nothing came together. Brieda is much cheaper and arguably a better RB. Has an incredible 5.0 ypc. Just needs to stay healthy.

I'm so on board for a Howard Brieda backfield.
    I would still like to pickup one or two late round RBs especially ones that could project to a 3rd down back.

Take a flier on some late guy for sure. But I'm cool with Brieda and Howard for the season. Like I've said, if you need a stud you still have plenty of capital next year.

Breida is one tough bastard, and faster than hell too, love this trade.

Wow, the 49ers have always been my 1B team so I love it that Miami is getting Breida but wtf is San Franciso thinking

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Wow, the 49ers have always been my 1B team so I love it that Miami is getting Breida but wtf is San Franciso thinking
    They're thinking that they have Raheem Mostert who went for a billion yards in thr playoffs.

Flo obviously wants experienced vet RB's on the roster... All we need is a finished OL to make the holes...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Flo obviously wants experienced vet RB's on the roster... All we need is a finished OL to make the holes...
    Those guys know how to pick up blocks, most rookies dont, thats why it takes a lot of rookies a half a season or more to stay on the field.

They're thinking that they have Raheem Mostert who went for a billion yards in thr playoffs.
    Yes but the Niners using all the different backs was very effective last season and the guy they picked doesnít look like much honestly, so itís a waste Imo. I guess four Rb was a bit too many to have though and this was a money dump.

I think a big part of it is the 49ers just traded for Trent Williams so they are trading Brieda and Goodwin to free up a little money for the big contract Williams will want.

xxx wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Yes but the Niners using all the different backs was very effective last season and the guy they picked doesnít look like much honestly, so itís a waste Imo. I guess four Rb was a bit too many to have though and this was a money dump.
    Plague is right. They saved 3mil in the trade and Shanahan really doesn't need a RB. I mean Mostert is just some dude who is stupid fast and Shanahan made him look like CJ2K. Its one reason I'm kinda nervous about Brieda lol.

Plague is right. They saved 3mil in the trade and Shanahan really doesn't need a RB. I mean Mostert is just some dude who is stupid fast and Shanahan made him look like CJ2K. Its one reason I'm kinda nervous about Brieda lol.
    The funny thing is that the Fins picked up Mostert after going undrafted, bounced around a couple teams before finding a home with the Niners couple years ago.

And don't forget that Joe Staley is retiring, that's 14M a year off the books which will be used on Trent. Niners were always looking to move a few vets, including Tartt at safety and Kwon at LB. Goodwin was on the block for a long time.

They probably wanted to move Tevin Coleman but he has the bigger salary so no one was interested so they moved Breida instead. And they still have McKinnon who was playing at a super high lvl with Vikings and then tore his knee up and hasn't really been able to play for Niners but he should be healthy now. Even after trading Breida they still have 3 solid RBs.

My hope however is that we can extend him for something reasonable. Sometimes when these teams trade guys like this its because they already know they're going to ask for an unreasonable amount. And since they can't keep them they just trade them and try to get anything they can. 5th round pick for one year of breida isn't really a good deal... Let's hope it's for longer than that.
    BRUH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast