Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    i thought the same thing. I would have rather taken Jake Fromm instead of Cephus. Fromm went right after him.
    Yeah I was thinking fromm there and then peoples jones with the next pick. Definitely don't get the 2nd running back pick

2015 SEASON STATS

CATCHES- 12
    YARDS- 122
    TD'S-

LIONS W/L 0-2

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I don't think that 40 was correct it was a 4.53 at his pro day probably bad form

I thought he was really good in College for Wisconsin and would bully CB's

The adjusted speed is at least better than 4.73. However I also am concerned with separation still being an issue here. Jump ball ability is good but corners are also better in college and will make it tough.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 04-25-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Like you both said, it's hard to argue one player over another when it comes to rounds 5 through 7 but double dipping in a position we already have serviceable players at doesn't make sense to me. Swift, Bo, and Johnson seems like a good group to go into the season with.
    I suppose you could eventually see a position change with Huntley into the slot instead of overloading on RB's. If we were going to double dip on WR's (or potential WR) I wish it was done a bit earlier with as stacked as this class is. However without accumulating picks I suppose that is harder than expected. IDk I'm trying to work these picks out in my head with a still really weak front 7 on defense lol.

Curious as to what the #'s are for kickoffs actually returned over the past few years and how they are trending (I have an idea but eyes can lie), because if teams aren't doing it it is confusing on taking another KR? That and why are we (potentially) thinking of replacing Agnew?
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 04-25-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    That and why are we (potentially) thinking of replacing Agnew?
    Fumbles? Only thing I can think of.

Backup NT? Interesting, let's see where they're going with this.

Because I'm 5 years old, I really can't wait to hear an announcer say: John Penisini with the sack.

Because I'm 5 years old, I really can't wait to hear an announcer say: John Penisini with the sack.
    I don't care how old you are that's always going to be funny. Too bad they got rid of Chad Kanoff, they could have roomed together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Boudreaux View Post
    Benenoch's scouting report doesn't mean anything because he's been in the NFL long enough that we know his real strengths and weaknesses. Jackson has the edge on recognizing blitzes and stunts but they both are guys who are better going straight to the second level and not being used at the point of attack because they both have the same problem, their lower body technique is poor but both of them are better moving laterally.

Yeah, they're pretty close to being the same guy. Jackson may have a higher ceiling but he's not going to reach it this season.
    One guys weakness is lack of strength...the other guys strength is....STRENGTH. How is that the same scouting report and yes it does matter what they were coming out of college because that is all you can compare the two as because one hasn't been a pro yet.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

The adjusted speed is at least better than 4.73. However I also am concerned with separation still being an issue here. Jump ball ability is good but corners are also better in college and will make it tough.
    If someone can use their body to box out and use their length to gain separation those guys tend to have long careers. Speed declines quickly with age and injuries and even but those guys who can fight off a defender and gain a few inches they seem to stick around...not greats but solid depth.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    i also don't mind the RB we drafted. he's fast as **** I wouldn't be surprised to seem him be used as a WR too reminds me of Tyreek Hill we need someone like this for once

also this.
    that's my hope, I'd love one of these speed demon hybrid guys

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    One guys weakness is lack of strength...the other guys strength is....STRENGTH. How is that the same scouting report and yes it does matter what they were coming out of college because that is all you can compare the two as because one hasn't been a pro yet.
    Yeah, uh, don't pretend you didn't know that when I said Strengths and Weaknesses that I was talking about the weightroom. You know I wasn't.

Draft Day scouting reports are a necessary evil, we use them because those players don't have any NFL tape. Veterans however do have NFL tape. The rookies who go to training camp are not going to compete with the rookie versions of the veteran players in camp. That's why rookie scouting reports on veteran players don't mean a thing, they're irrelevant.

I saw what you did in the Grade The Draft thread. If you have a problem with something I post then quote me and tell me why you disagree. I'm not fragile, I think talking to people who disagree with me is a lot more fun than talking to those who agree with me. Hit me with your best shot, I won't take it personally. Over the years some of the people I respect the most are those who have disagreed with me.

I think you and Rocket might be the most fun guys to talk Lions football with on this site. But, if that's not for you then fine, I'll respect that. Rocket OTOH should be talking a lot of trash right now, I'm a little disappointed he hasn't. Tua stuff and all that.
    Last edited by Dr. Boudreaux; 04-27-2020 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Boudreaux View Post
    Yeah, uh, don't pretend you didn't know that when I said Strengths and Weaknesses that I was talking about the weightroom. You know I wasn't.

Draft Day scouting reports are a necessary evil, we use them because those players don't have any NFL tape. Veterans however do have NFL tape. The rookies who go to training camp are not going to compete with the rookie versions of the veteran players in camp. That's why rookie scouting reports on veteran players don't mean a thing, they're irrelevant.

I saw what you did in the Grade The Draft thread. If you have a problem with something I post then quote me and tell me why you disagree. I'm not fragile, I think talking to people who disagree with me is a lot more fun than talking to those who agree with me. Hit me with your best shot, I won't take it personally. Over the years some of the people I respect the most are those who have disagreed with me.

I think you and Rocket might be the most fun guys to talk Lions football with on this site. But, if that's not for you then fine, I'll respect that. Rocket OTOH should be talking a lot of trash right now, I'm a little disappointed he hasn't. Tua stuff and all that.
    If I am replying directly to something someone said I quote it. If I am making a statement I believe in that doesn't refer to anyone elses post I don't. So you saw something I posted that looked like it was referring to something you said and it wasn't quoted then it probably wasn't a direct result of your post.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234