Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Oooof, a big lumbering slow WR. No thanks.

Cephus was expelled because of a sexual assault case, but then reinstated after a jury acquitted him of the charges.
    via Alex Reno

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Boudreaux View Post
    The problem I have is that Stenberg and Jackson are just less athletic and less talented versions of guys who are already on the roster. Stenberg is Garnett with less athletic ability and from what I've read Jackson has the same strengths and weaknesses as Benenoch. Why draft copies of guys who are already on the team? They have 8 Guards now.

Caleb Benenoch Scouting Report when he came out:

A lack of strength may be the biggest issue when projecting Benenoch forward—especially since he’s looked at playing two power positions (right tackle and guard). At only 305 pounds, NFL teams could ask him to redshirt for a season while he gains power and size.

Flexibility doesn’t come naturally to Benenoch. His hips and ankles look stiff on film and don’t flash as explosive areas of his body. Because he’s not rocketing his hips to power blocks, Benenoch ends up being a waist-bender and a lunger. This causes him (and every blocker) to lose power and leverage.

Production as a blocker isn’t something Benenoch can hang his hat on. In 2015 he surrendered 31 total pressures, per College Football Focus.

Jonah Jackson's Scouting report

STRENGTHS

—NFL-ready frame in every sense; has great size (6'3", 306 lbs) and good overall length (33½" arms).

—Graduate transfer who began at Rutgers before playing his final season at Ohio State; a versatile prospect who could play any of the interior positions as needed and earned first-team All-Big Ten honors as the wire-to-wire starter at left guard for the highly competitive Buckeyes.

—Has excellent contact balance at all levels of the field; is able to absorb blows and remain in the action, as he doesn't get knocked off of his route easily.

—Quick-setting shaded tackles is his calling card; the best in the class at it.

—Able to get out of his stance fluidly, work laterally with ease and post into a smooth kickstand; punches tight and gets on defenders before they have even gotten into their half-man phase.

—Alpha on the field every snap.

—A good communicator, good processor post-snap, looks to finish blocks and plays with the kind of controlled but pissed-off demeanor that teams love.

I don't think those two players could be any different coming into the league
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

okay come on, another RB?

A slow run blocking WR and another RB. This day took a sharp turn. I get its the 5th round but why do we need these guys? We have 4 RB's already (drafted Ty Johnson to do the same thing Huntley will do too) and we drafted Fulgham last year for the same reason as drafting Cephus?

We spent our second round pick on a running back why are we drafting another? There seemed to be quite a few tall fast way to receive are still on the board.
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    A slow run blocking WR and another RB. This day took a sharp turn. I get its the 5th round but why do we need these guys? We have 4 RB's already (drafted Ty Johnson to do the same thing Huntley will do too) and we drafted Fulgham last year for the same reason as drafting Cephus?
    I agree… We should be slinging mud in positions of need. Who knows, maybe we get lucky and find a serviceable player in a position that we need.
    ^^ ^^

I really can’t complain… Very few fifth round and beyond players actually remain on the roster. But to draft a player when we’re already full at that position and we’ve already spent a high draft pick in that position seems stupid to me. Unless their intentions are to put him in a different position.
    ^^ ^^

Huntley can return kicks so there is that value, however that means you also have to carry a 5th RB (6 if you keep Bawden at FB). Unless Ty or Kerryon is gone that is a waste. Could also mean the end of Jamal Agnew on ST as well but I'm not sold on Jamal doing anything to lose his job.

Like you both said, it's hard to argue one player over another when it comes to rounds 5 through 7 but double dipping in a position we already have serviceable players at doesn't make sense to me. Swift, Bo, and Johnson seems like a good group to go into the season with.

i thought the same thing. I would have rather taken Jake Fromm instead of Cephus. Fromm went right after him.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions FIRE EVERYONE!!!
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Oooof, a big lumbering slow WR. No thanks.

I don't think that 40 was correct it was a 4.53 at his pro day probably bad form

I thought he was really good in College for Wisconsin and would bully CB's

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Caleb Benenoch Scouting Report when he came out:

A lack of strength may be the biggest issue when projecting Benenoch forward—especially since he’s looked at playing two power positions (right tackle and guard). At only 305 pounds, NFL teams could ask him to redshirt for a season while he gains power and size.

Flexibility doesn’t come naturally to Benenoch. His hips and ankles look stiff on film and don’t flash as explosive areas of his body. Because he’s not rocketing his hips to power blocks, Benenoch ends up being a waist-bender and a lunger. This causes him (and every blocker) to lose power and leverage.

Production as a blocker isn’t something Benenoch can hang his hat on. In 2015 he surrendered 31 total pressures, per College Football Focus.

Jonah Jackson's Scouting report

STRENGTHS

—NFL-ready frame in every sense; has great size (6'3", 306 lbs) and good overall length (33½" arms).

—Graduate transfer who began at Rutgers before playing his final season at Ohio State; a versatile prospect who could play any of the interior positions as needed and earned first-team All-Big Ten honors as the wire-to-wire starter at left guard for the highly competitive Buckeyes.

—Has excellent contact balance at all levels of the field; is able to absorb blows and remain in the action, as he doesn't get knocked off of his route easily.

—Quick-setting shaded tackles is his calling card; the best in the class at it.

—Able to get out of his stance fluidly, work laterally with ease and post into a smooth kickstand; punches tight and gets on defenders before they have even gotten into their half-man phase.

—Alpha on the field every snap.

—A good communicator, good processor post-snap, looks to finish blocks and plays with the kind of controlled but pissed-off demeanor that teams love.

I don't think those two players could be any different coming into the league
    Benenoch's scouting report doesn't mean anything because he's been in the NFL long enough that we know his real strengths and weaknesses. Jackson has the edge on recognizing blitzes and stunts but they both are guys who are better going straight to the second level and not being used at the point of attack because they both have the same problem, their lower body technique is poor but both of them are better moving laterally.

Yeah, they're pretty close to being the same guy. Jackson may have a higher ceiling but he's not going to reach it this season.

i also don't mind the RB we drafted. he's fast as **** I wouldn't be surprised to seem him be used as a WR too reminds me of Tyreek Hill we need someone like this for once

also this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast