Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    You forget or maybe you did not know:

Raiders rule #1 Cheating is encouraged Rule #2 Refer to rule #1

This was posted in our locker room.
    Haha... I think that was years ago. Different type of cheating. Holding someoneís jersey Vs stealing all their plays. Maybe Iím naive, but I truly think they cheat on another level.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Haha... I think that was years ago. Different type of cheating. Holding someoneís jersey Vs stealing all their plays. Maybe Iím naive, but I truly think they cheat on another level.
    True, true.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    That's the magic of Belichick. He takes a bunch of non-probowl players and wins. For the past several years the only HOF players on his roster has been Brady and Gronk. Occasionally he would do a one year rental on a Revis type so they could could a ring. He seems to draft players that fit his system and he is able to squeeze all the juice they can give to build a playoff team every season. Now with Brady gone we'll see if he can still do it.

The interesting thing to me with Belichick teams is the consistency of the talent level on his rosters, other than Brady/Gronk. You don't see a huge disparity or drop off in play when someone is lost to injury. In recent memory the Pats were still able to win with Jimmy G playing or even Brissett. It's a team sport and Hoodie is just a master at building a cohesive roster that is able to function as a unit no matter who is plugged in.

Other than 2016 RM's personnel decisions never got us close to the playoffs and you can't say he didn't get enough time to work his magic. He was able to find some gems in the UDFA ranks, but the actual draft was hideous more often than not. A lot of his picks were never even able to become a contributing role player let alone a probowler. Busts are gonna happen, but hopefully at worst the player will still be a solid contributor.

You are correct that you are not going to hit on every draft pick and Maxx Crosby's in the 4th round are the exception to the rule. That said you still need to find role players in the middle rounds that can fit your system and do their job. They are probably not going to be HOF types or even probowlers, but they will consistently bring it each and every Sunday.

Last year's draft was encouraging and I am hopeful Mayock/Gruden will continue to find solid contributors through the draft.

LJ4 is correct, you can't build a roster through FA.
    I think RM gets a bad wrap for drafting. Certainly he wasn't the best but he's probably not as bad some here make it out to be. It's hard for draft picks to work out when player development sucks. Look at guys like Shelby Harris after they leave Oakland. Even some lesser known guys like Bilikudi that RM picked out of the blue have gone on to be contributors on other teams when they didn't do anything here. And some guys, even though they didn't work out, people here were STOKED at the time (remember David Bass?).

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...acker-2030101/

Nice article on muse. Seems as if heís got a high football IQ. Should transition to LB fairly easily.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...acker-2030101/

Nice article on muse. Seems as if heís got a high football IQ. Should transition to LB fairly easily.
    Nice read thanks for sharing!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345