Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Dillon is a fine player but he wasn't a 2nd round prospect. And after taking a QB, he was a luxury.

He has virtually no wiggle or creativity. To date, he's offered virtually nothing in the pass game and given his lack of wiggle and creativity, it's a pretty fair guess to say he's never going to be a route runner at RB. The only way this move makes sense is if we let Jones walk. And if Jones is walking, our offense goes from arguably the least dynamic group in the nfl to unquestionably the least dynamic group.
    This move doesn't signal at all the end of Aaron Jones, but we haven't had some one to be the hammer in years. I think this signals some more scheme changing. Dillon makes the team at large more versatile.

Scouts swear he has good hands and basically implied it looks like Boston College didn't know what they were doing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Jones isnít injury prone tho
    Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    This move doesn't signal at all the end of Aaron Jones, but we haven't had some one to be the hammer in years. I think this signals some more scheme changing. Dillon makes the team at large more versatile.

Scouts swear he has good hands and basically implied it looks like Boston College didn't know what they were doing with him.
    And that's why it's a bad move. If you're going to pay Jones, which will be at minimum $8 mill a year, but probably more like $10-12 mill, taking a RB in the 2nd is stupid. If you're a team with stupid depth and a qb on a rookie deal, maybe you can get away with that. But that's not our situation right now.

Thunder and lightning is fine, but our lightning is a pretty darn good player and should get 60% of the touches at a minimum. So now we spent a 2nd rounder on a 40% snaps/touches player. You can find those guys in the 5th round. If you're spending a 2nd on a guy, he better be the higher end of the timeshare. And if you're paying a RB $8+ mill a year, he better be the high end of your timeshare. You can't have both.

And hands aren't the concern for me. It's some concern, as the bears in nagy's first year also said Jordan Howard was good at catching the ball. To me, the concern is he has virtually zero reps in pass pro. Physically it shouldn't be a problem. He has the size to stonewall Lbs. But he just hasn't done it much and who knows how well he reads blitzes and adjusts.

And given his profile and seeming lack of agility/quickness/suddenness, I don't see him really being a matchup problem in the pass game. He can potentially be a deadly screen guy if you can let the big uglies clean up the LBs and he gets some steam rolling towards DBs, but hes not a guy you're going to motion out to run a route. He's probably just running some simple flats and swing routes. Probably not sending him on like Texas routes. I'm not sure how well he tracks the ball, but maybe you can get him to run a wheel route or two. But that's the extent in my mind. Definitely more Derrick Henry in the passing game than Darren sproles.

I feel similar about this one as I do with the tight end. No problem with the player. Just not a fan of where we took the player. He's a #2 rb and a short yardage hammer. Those guys are nice to have. Jordan Howard has made a nice living doing that. But unless we think he's Derrick Henry and want our offense to run like Tennessee with Henry, I struggle to justify where he was taken. If we did this exact move in the 4th or 5th round, I'd probably be applauding it. But taking him in the 2nd, over potential 3 down ilbs like gay or Wilson, or an upside DL like madubuike or a potential starter at OT like Jones or even an upside wr like Edwards just doesnt make sense to me.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 04-25-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Are you serious?
    Yeah seriously. Youíre acting like heís hurt all the time which he hasnít been.

Yeah seriously. Youíre acting like heís hurt all the time which he hasnít been.
    Before this year he missed significant time in the two previous seasons with MCL injuries. Knee injuries dont typically just go away. There is not really any logical reason to have any confidence in his ability to stay healthy.

Before this year he missed significant time in the two previous seasons with MCL injuries. Knee injuries dont typically just go away. There is not really any logical reason to have any confidence in his ability to stay healthy.
    He seemed fine last year. Injuries happen.

He seemed fine last year. Injuries happen.
    Ok so one year of being healthy and you think its logical to dismiss the rest of his history? Sorry, but makes no sense. We may get lucky and hes fine after this, but there is absolutely every reason to question his availability especially considering how short a rbís window is to begin with.

Ok so one year of being healthy and you think its logical to dismiss the rest of his history? Sorry, but makes no sense. We may get lucky and hes fine after this, but there is absolutely every reason to question his availability especially considering how short a rbís window is to begin with.
    Heís only been here a couple years. Hard to say heís just injury prone for such a small sample size. Clay Matthews was injury prone. Iím not ready to say Jones is as well.

2020 NFL Draft Pick 62 AJ Dillion RB Boston College

I like the Dillion pick. He fits great with Jones and I don't need to see a ton more of Jamaal Williams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ugottabjoshinme; 04-25-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    And that's why it's a bad move. If you're going to pay Jones, which will be at minimum $8 mill a year, but probably more like $10-12 mill, taking a RB in the 2nd is stupid. If you're a team with stupid depth and a qb on a rookie deal, maybe you can get away with that. But that's not our situation right now.

Thunder and lightning is fine, but our lightning is a pretty darn good player and should get 60% of the touches at a minimum. So now we spent a 2nd rounder on a 40% snaps/touches player. You can find those guys in the 5th round. If you're spending a 2nd on a guy, he better be the higher end of the timeshare. And if you're paying a RB $8+ mill a year, he better be the high end of your timeshare. You can't have both.

And hands aren't the concern for me. It's some concern, as the bears in nagy's first year also said Jordan Howard was good at catching the ball. To me, the concern is he has virtually zero reps in pass pro. Physically it shouldn't be a problem. He has the size to stonewall Lbs. But he just hasn't done it much and who knows how well he reads blitzes and adjusts.

And given his profile and seeming lack of agility/quickness/suddenness, I don't see him really being a matchup problem in the pass game. He can potentially be a deadly screen guy if you can let the big uglies clean up the LBs and he gets some steam rolling towards DBs, but hes not a guy you're going to motion out to run a route. He's probably just running some simple flats and swing routes. Probably not sending him on like Texas routes. I'm not sure how well he tracks the ball, but maybe you can get him to run a wheel route or two. But that's the extent in my mind. Definitely more Derrick Henry in the passing game than Darren sproles.

I feel similar about this one as I do with the tight end. No problem with the player. Just not a fan of where we took the player. He's a #2 rb and a short yardage hammer. Those guys are nice to have. Jordan Howard has made a nice living doing that. But unless we think he's Derrick Henry and want our offense to run like Tennessee with Henry, I struggle to justify where he was taken. If we did this exact move in the 4th or 5th round, I'd probably be applauding it. But taking him in the 2nd, over potential 3 down ilbs like gay or Wilson, or an upside DL like madubuike or a potential starter at OT like Jones or even an upside wr like Edwards just doesnt make sense to me.
    Agree with crewfan on R2/3 picks...seems like with this draft could have gotten better players at those spots and those players would have filled holes where the Packers actually need it rather than take a depth luxury. Saw mocks with Dillon in R4/5 but I think GB took Dillon and Deguara a round sooner because no R4 pick. Like crewfan said don't mind the players just not where we took them. Seem like scheme fit guys rather than taking good players.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12