Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,264

    50th pick: CB Jaylon Johnson

    Much better pick this time, but wow does Kmet leave a big shadow. Discuss.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,089
    Yeah I dig it. Immediate starter opposite Fuller.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,229
    Good. We need a solid CB2, and he could be it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    19,151
    I knew Pace was gonna take a big swing with one or both of these picks. Glad he made the smart choice here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    618
    Booooo.....this pick blows too. Take an offensive lineman....wr....dobbins. Anything on offense. Yet another piece on defense.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    28,158
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyballgame View Post
    Booooo.....this pick blows too. Take an offensive lineman....wr....dobbins. Anything on offense. Yet another piece on defense.
    We took the top TE in the draft...

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,723
    I prefered the idea of S but i get it... you had to go either CB or S. I just had more faith in the young guys at CB than the guys we have at S. Though maybe we can get a S latter.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,264
    Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    We took the top TE in the draft...

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Admittedly, I'm not the most knowledgable on college prospects, but I thought that was pretty debatable.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    28,158
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Admittedly, I'm not the most knowledgable on college prospects, but I thought that was pretty debatable.
    Sure, arguable. But he acts like we didn't take an offensive player with the first 50% of our two picks.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,089
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Admittedly, I'm not the most knowledgable on college prospects, but I thought that was pretty debatable.
    It was either him, Trautman, or Hopkins.

    I have some concerns about him being a versatile enough piece in this offense. He's a good athlete, but not a great one, and seems like a more ideal fit for in-line work.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,264
    Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    Sure, arguable. But he acts like we didn't take an offensive player with the first 50% of our two picks.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Well I mean no that guy's obviously trolling. I guess I'm just trying to address your defending the pick. I'm kind of calming down on it, the Johnson pick helps considerably, especially if you just imagine the Bears reversed the order of the picks, but it's still so blah. If they traded down and took Kmet it'd be so much easier to stomach.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,815
    CB was a big need. I probably have more faith in someone next to Jackson than I do on an island alone.

    Johnson could be a big addition to fill a position of need and he could do that pretty quickly. It is hard to complain about that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    48,575
    https://twitter.com/maxmarkhamnfl/st...600869888?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    28,158
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Well I mean no that guy's obviously trolling. I guess I'm just trying to address your defending the pick. I'm kind of calming down on it, the Johnson pick helps considerably, especially if you just imagine the Bears reversed the order of the picks, but it's still so blah. If they traded down and took Kmet it'd be so much easier to stomach.
    Probably. But sometimes you have to reach a bit. Especially if it fulfills a team need in a championship window.

    I have my doubts that any OL left would contribute more within this window than Kmet. And i have more confidence you can find sneaky speed and route running lower in the draft. Which is why id address WR later and hope that the system makes the player, and not the other way around

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    618
    Trolling...lol. Didnt every bear fan complain last year because the offensive line sucked??? So....no o line was taken??? Enlighten me here. Why defense?? I dont want to hear anything about the o line.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •