Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Either you're confident that Graham is our solution to our tight end problem, or you believe the Bears filled a need. Or you think TE's don't matter.
    i think you could probably take the time to imagine a couple of other possible opinions

I have zero confidence in graham. Do I think he can give us something? Sure. But we couldnít depend on him as our only guy. And we canít depend on him past this year. Kmet is about solidifying the future. We donít even know if we have our QB at this point, so banking on everything going perfect this year and not worrying about the future is dangerous.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    the one thing i think he should surely will help is with is blovking. watching the issues we had with the TEs and blocking schemes last year.... at least i think he will hit some of those blocks that ended up causing failed runs.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...red-store-2020

it's not a lock that 2nd rounders are contributing year one. Half of the "starters" on this list were forced into the role and did well, but were not penciled in to start before the season started. Some were just solid surprises.

I love this pick. Dude is high character, big, numbers compare very well to Kelce who runs in the same system that Nagy wants. TE was a huge need as this offense is dead without it. Graham will be good, Kmet will be solid and will only get better over the years.

Before this pick, if bears wanted to line up in 2 TE sets, it would have been shahennen and graham. i'd take graham and kmet any day. i think this is going to be great. and if Graham is a great mentor, even better.

It is weird bears didn't go safety at all.

https://twitter.com/cemma670/status/...083581955?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O7z_fXSl_A

watch this and tell me the bears had a bad pick. This entire offense is centered around the success of the TE either as a play maker or taking the LBs off or Ss tight. This was a great pick and will be a great pick for years.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O7z_fXSl_A

watch this and tell me the bears had a bad pick. This entire offense is centered around the success of the TE either as a play maker or taking the LBs off or Ss tight. This was a great pick and will be a great pick for years.
    the question isnt about if we need a TE...... its about if this guy can really pan out. i personally have questions about a guy whos best year he had only 500 yards in college. This years TE group was not exactly strong either. I just personally question what it would have taken to say get OJ howard who has proved to be capable on the NFL level. I hate to be a downer but need alone doesnt make a pick good. we neeeded a QB with Mitch after all

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

43rd Pick: TE, Cole Kmet

But then you can say with the OJ trade is he worth giving up a 2nd for when as a 1st round pick heís been kind of ok and due a pay day? Why not go for the player whose 5 years younger and cheap and possibly give you the oj Howard production the next few years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Stunner; 04-29-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    the question isnt about if we need a TE...... its about if this guy can really pan out. i personally have questions about a guy whos best year he had only 500 yards in college. This years TE group was not exactly strong either. I just personally question what it would have taken to say get OJ howard who has proved to be capable on the NFL level. I hate to be a downer but need alone doesnt make a pick good. we neeeded a QB with Mitch after all
    I get it, fair concern. but some are just absolutely hating on this. He'll be a stud, cheap, young, solid guy. i'd take him over OJ because Bears would have to give up so much to get OJ and as everyone else has complained, not enough draft capital to go around.

Defense is solid and now upgraded. could be better, but that 2TE sets was null before Cole.

I get it, fair concern. but some are just absolutely hating on this. He'll be a stud, cheap, young, solid guy. i'd take him over OJ because Bears would have to give up so much to get OJ and as everyone else has complained, not enough draft capital to go around.

Defense is solid and now upgraded. could be better, but that 2TE sets was null before Cole.
    To assume he'll be a stud is a serious stretch dude. It's one thing to give the pick a chance, but this is the other extreme. And as a first year TE, it's a stretch that he'll be contributing very much at all.

Anyway, I'm kind of annoyed by this idea people aren't allowed to hate roster moves of any kind as long as there are foundations to that argument, which there certainly are in this case.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 04-29-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    To assume he'll be a stud is a serious stretch dude. It's one thing to give the pick a chance, but this is the other extreme. And as a first year TE, it's a stretch that he'll be contributing very much at all.

Anyway, I'm kind of annoyed by this idea people aren't allowed to hate roster moves of any kind as long as there are foundations to that argument, which there certainly are in this case.
    Didn't you the same thing you are griping about now in you're defense of Pace drafting Mitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Didn't you the same thing you are griping about now in you're defense of Pace drafting Mitch?
    Iím sure he did lol

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post

He was the #1 rated TE in this years draft, has all the physical tools and make up. His ND coach compared him to Kelce. He played in a prime time school. I think it's more believable for him to be a solid-to-stud TE then to say he was a bad choice.

Agreed that he might not be contributing on a consistent level year 1, but looking at the TE group the bears have now, i'd argue it going to be more than "not very much at all" You think that other rostered TEs on this group are more physically equipped to play more than him? that's a hard argument to make.

The way i look at the bears grabbing this guy. he was the bpa for them. he fits what the bears offense wants to do. pull up the "signed Graham" forum and read the level of concern people have with an old J.Graham signing coupled with the release of Burton and having a bag of peanuts on the bench. Bears had the second lowest production at TE last year (by like 8 yards). so pretty much the worst in the NFL. If Jimmy isn't the answer, who else is there? Trade for OJ with what draft capital? The reason they have 9 guys is because they don't have faith in any one of them.

Here is an article where Pace describes the TE as "essential" to Nagy's offense. Nagy is huge on TE. he wants 2-3 to be able to play consistently and move them around. The thought of Graham and Kmet with Miller, ARob and Montgomery/cohen on the field, wow, mismatches everywhere.
    https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2020/...-nagy-offense/

Basically i'm all for not liking the pick, but the bears offense was terrible and it wasn't all on Mitch (mostly). given they have crap at TE, an essential part of the offense, this was a must need imo.

He was the #1 rated TE in this years draft, has all the physical tools and make up. His ND coach compared him to Kelce. He played in a prime time school. I think it's more believable for him to be a solid-to-stud TE then to say he was a bad choice.

Agreed that he might not be contributing on a consistent level year 1, but looking at the TE group the bears have now, i'd argue it going to be more than "not very much at all" You think that other rostered TEs on this group are more physically equipped to play more than him? that's a hard argument to make.

The way i look at the bears grabbing this guy. he was the bpa for them. he fits what the bears offense wants to do. pull up the "signed Graham" forum and read the level of concern people have with an old J.Graham signing coupled with the release of Burton and having a bag of peanuts on the bench. Bears had the second lowest production at TE last year (by like 8 yards). so pretty much the worst in the NFL. If Jimmy isn't the answer, who else is there? Trade for OJ with what draft capital? The reason they have 9 guys is because they don't have faith in any one of them.

Here is an article where Pace describes the TE as "essential" to Nagy's offense. Nagy is huge on TE. he wants 2-3 to be able to play consistently and move them around. The thought of Graham and Kmet with Miller, ARob and Montgomery/cohen on the field, wow, mismatches everywhere.
    https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2020/...-nagy-offense/

Basically i'm all for not liking the pick, but the bears offense was terrible and it wasn't all on Mitch (mostly). given they have crap at TE, an essential part of the offense, this was a must need imo.
    The sources of praise you listed for Kmet are: his college coach and the NFL GM & HC he was drafted by. Of course they're singing his praises. Outside of guys around Kmet, ND, and the Bears, the pick has not been well received. It's not agreed upon that he was the best player available, and it was debatable before the draft that he was even the best tight end. I have a hard time believing at the very least, he was much better than the rest of them to justify being picked 50 picks ahead of the next one.

It was a position of need. That's the only reason why it's not a straight up F grade. But I stand by the D grade I gave it before.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast