Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    This is a terrible pick. Not because Kmet isn't a good prospect, but because we have more pressing needs this season. Especially after signing Graham.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    This is a terrible pick. Not because Kmet isn't a good prospect, but because we have more pressing needs this season. Especially after signing Graham.
    This. I totally agree with your sentiment. I still wouldn’t say it is a “terrible” pick, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We won’t know until he hits the field and plays. If any other guys at pick 43 were can’t miss they would have been picked earlier. I am not a Pace fan and have serious doubts about his ability to draft in early rounds but let’s face it, we don’t know with any of these guys until they get out there and play. Could turn out to be a big time player, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Who did you think was going to contribute and remedy those pressing needs?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    This. I totally agree with your sentiment. I still wouldn’t say it is a “terrible” pick, though.

If that's not a terrible pick, what is?

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    If that's not a terrible pick, what is?
    Taking the #1 rated player (on most boards) at a position of need is not a terrible pick. Great value - no. Underwhelming - sure. Terrible - no. It isn’t considered a “ reach” by most, just not a popular investment.

Terrible would have been like Eason. A reach at a position that offers no playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    So it would've been one extra DB that we took. And then left with nothing behind Old Man Graham. He was there. We took a swing. Could pay off greatly. Plus, we got ourselves a nice DB to go along with him anyway.

Same situation at SS. We're slated to start Deon Bush back there with less depth than TE. There were a bunch of them available at 43.

Every pick could pay off greatly, they could bust too. I'm not even saying he's a bad player, but I don't love the value. It's not unreasonable to think we could have traded down and still gotten him or a comparable TE. No other TE has been taken since.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 04-24-2020 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Same situation at SS. We're slated to start Deon Bush back there with less depth than TE. There were a bunch of them available at 43.

Every pick could pay off greatly, they could bust too. I'm not even saying he's a bad player, but I don't love the value. It's not unreasonable to think we could have traded down and still gotten him or a comparable TE. No other TE has been taken since.
    Yep, fair points. Not saying anybody is wrong. Just sayin...I can see where Pace is coming from on this. Im sure he has a plan for SS.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

This 100%. Worst TE draft in years. Sure, he was the #1, but this class sucks and he's not special.

IMO 95% of TEs are just guys. The good ones either have elite athletic ability, which Kmet doesn't have, or they just have an innate football sense like Witten.

Even if he is good, he wouldn't have the same impact as a good safety/wr/tackle on this team. Even a 3rd rotational pass rusher would have a bigger impact on this team.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Kinda overlooked because of how much we all kinda disliked the pick... .But the Trade is Finally Complete

RB Josh Jacobs, CB Damon Arnette and WR Bryan Edwards (plus a bushel of cap space) For OLB Khalil Mack, and TE Cole Kmet

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

https://twitter.com/chuckgarfien/sta...578277889?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wait are we seriously judging this pick on the graham singing? The 33 year old TE that mo one wanted? We had the worst TE unit in football. Now we have a faded star in graham and a high upside Replacement in Kmet. This is a good pick. ND is TE U. Kmet has arguably more upside than any ND TE drafted in the last decade. This pick does not suck at all!

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Even if he is good, he wouldn't have the same impact as a good safety/wr/tackle on this team. Even a 3rd rotational pass rusher would have a bigger impact on this team.
    I don't see how you come to this conclusion. And not sure why you're so confident in this stance either.

Our WR crew is nearly set. You think a rookie safety will contribute more than Bush? Or whatever else we might decide to buy at SS? You think a 3rd rotational pass rusher will get enough meaningful snaps to outperform a TE that should see decent time? A rookie tackle is going to beat out Leno or Massie? C'mon.

The last decent TE the Bears drafted and developed decently was Greg Olsen. So....I have no expectations for Cole Kmet.
    Screw sabermetics.

https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/...134038016?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast