Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 196
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    If you're going to cite expert rankings, Kmet's consensus ranking from 54 different draft boards was 60. Then (as Bibs has mentioned) there wasn't a single TE selected in the next 50(!) picks. That's pretty telling when you consider how every other team viewed the strength of the position in this class. Lastly, I don't think Pace has earned any benefit of the doubt when it comes to evaluating the position. His track record in addressing TE is, uh, poor, to say the least.

    Again, he's not a bad player, but the value just wasn't there. Plenty of, arguably better, players fitting obvious needs were there. Winfield Jr, Josh Jones, Jeremy Chinn, Denzel Mims, and several others.

    Ironically, Jaylon Johnson had a consensus ranking of 45, so we may have gotten a small value in him.
    Winfield was gone before our pick

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,264
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Winfield was gone before our pick
    Nah man, Winfield was taken 45th.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Yeah, something people need to be prepared for is Kmet not doing much as a Rookie. Even TJ Hockenson, a much better prospect than Kmet, had a poor Rookie season. George Kittle was just okay as a Rookie, same with Ertz, Kelce didn't even play, Graham didn't offer much besides being a red zone threat... and so on.
    That's not a reason to draft him though. I'm pretty sure everyone in here expects him to come in somewhat raw. He dealt with some injuries in college, and only just had his 1st productive season. But when you watched him on the field, you knew he was an NFL talent.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Nah man, Winfield was taken 45th.
    Correct, my bad, not sure why when I saw on draft day, I thought it was Delpit, WInfield, Kmet. I must have been reading upside down lol. In that case I stated before, I wanted Winfield with our 1st 2nd, and Kmet with the 2nd.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,264
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    That's not a reason to draft him though. I'm pretty sure everyone in here expects him to come in somewhat raw. He dealt with some injuries in college, and only just had his 1st productive season. But when you watched him on the field, you knew he was an NFL talent.
    It is a reason when you're the Bears and you have too many holes on the roster to not get immediate impact from those early picks. By that merit, DG listed several prospects that the Bears would've likely been better spending the pick on than Kmet.

    He wasn't the best player available and he isn't a guy that's likely to help us win now. In all likelihood, he's a guy we could've traded 10+ slots down and still drafted. TE is a position of need and it's not like Kmet is a scrub, so the pick's not an F, but I think it's a solid D.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,089
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    That's not a reason to draft him though. I'm pretty sure everyone in here expects him to come in somewhat raw. He dealt with some injuries in college, and only just had his 1st productive season. But when you watched him on the field, you knew he was an NFL talent.
    Really not the point I was making there, lol.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 04-26-2020 at 02:42 PM.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,089
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    It is a reason when you're the Bears and you have too many holes on the roster to not get immediate impact from those early picks. By that merit, DG listed several prospects that the Bears would've likely been better spending the pick on than Kmet.

    He wasn't the best player available and he isn't a guy that's likely to help us win now. In all likelihood, he's a guy we could've traded 10+ slots down and still drafted. TE is a position of need and it's not like Kmet is a scrub, so the pick's not an F, but I think it's a solid D.
    Pretty much all of this.

    I've made my feelings known. I'd have preferred a different route. Honestly, with a better pick at 43 or even a move back to get the same player (or someone comparable), this draft is really strong.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,485
    I'm honestly a little more disappointed now that I realize Winfield was on the board

  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,485
    But none the less, I wanted him at 1 of our picks so it is what it is. I think he has a chance to be really good.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    20,999
    Iím fine with the pick. I understand those that arenít happy with it too. In a nutshell, rankings at this point in time are meaningless. TE was a need and if Kmet turns into a good/great starter, then thatís all that matters.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,089
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I'm honestly a little more disappointed now that I realize Winfield was on the board
    I wanted either Chinn or Winfield. Really liked their fit next to Eddie. That's part of the reason for my disappointment.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,089
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Iím fine with the pick. I understand those that arenít happy with it too. In a nutshell, rankings at this point in time are meaningless. TE was a need and if Kmet turns into a good/great starter, then thatís all that matters.
    Sure, and even though I'm critical of the pick, I do hope he's awesome. We need the help offensively.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I wanted either Chinn or Winfield. Really liked their fit next to Eddie. That's part of the reason for my disappointment.
    Yeah Iíll give an apology to everyone about safety. I did want Winfield first over Kmet. I donít know why I thought Winfield went first. Guess I shoulda actually watched the draft.

    Winfieldís fit next to Eddie woulda been unfreakingbelievable! Both are ball hawks, but Winfield was great at sticking his nose in there on run plays.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Sure, and even though I'm critical of the pick, I do hope he's awesome. We need the help offensively.
    I think most will be pleased. Heís has the measurables to be great.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,168
    Either you're confident that Graham is our solution to our tight end problem, or you believe the Bears filled a need. Or you think TE's don't matter. Value within 15-20 picks is so relative. Players values within the same round is different on every draft chart. Sounds like most had him graded as a second round pick, even at 60, we drafted him in the second round. All the people panning this pick, are you really sure we have a single TE on this team better than Kmet?

    If Graham doesn't work out and is gone next year, who's our TE1 without Kmet? Some 4th round pick rookie, cause the second is too high to draft a TE? We tied for 6th lowest in two tight end sets last year, because we never had two good TE. In an offense designed to be TE friendly.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •