Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

43rd Pick: TE, Cole Kmet

Booooooooooooooooooooooo

We suck. Like, this is legitimately upsetting.

Like I said in the draft thread, he better be Travis ****ing Kelce if Pace is still employed after next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he turns out to be awesome, great. I still believe the value was really poor at 43, and it just doesn't make much sense to take a guy that isn't going to make an impact as a Rookie.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Trying to Find a positive.... WE went from having a 6'2" Starting TE to having one of the LARGEST TE rooms in the NFL with Jimmy Greham at 6'7 265..... Kmet 6'6 262 and... Shaheen 6'6 257

Maybe this will help us run the ball too??? IDK

still hate the pick.

However.... if we come away with a good pick at #50... I will just look at is as flipping 43 and 50. like if we come away with Mims or Jones...... I will be more OK.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

What a stupid pick. How and why is Pace still employed???

Disgusting. If any of the rumors are correct OJ Howard could have been had for a mid rounder. Could have traded back, used that pick for Howard, and gotten another player in a deep draft.

Not to mention there was much better value on the board.

Another stupid *** pick. Guess o line is cool and dobbins was still there. This franchise is trash.

Really don't see the big deal with this selection. We needed to address the position.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    Really don't see the big deal with this selection. We needed to address the position.

The value, the likelihood of him not contributing much as a Rookie, passing on several arguably better & more instant impact players.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    The value, the likelihood of him not contributing much as a Rookie, passing on several arguably better & more instant impact players.
    So it would've been one extra DB that we took. And then left with nothing behind Old Man Graham. He was there. We took a swing. Could pay off greatly. Plus, we got ourselves a nice DB to go along with him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    So it would've been one extra DB that we took. And then left with nothing behind Old Man Graham. He was there. We took a swing. Could pay off greatly. Plus, we got ourselves a nice DB to go along with him anyway.

Same situation at SS. We're slated to start Deon Bush back there with less depth than TE. There were a bunch of them available at 43.

Every pick could pay off greatly, they could bust too. I'm not even saying he's a bad player, but I don't love the value. It's not unreasonable to think we could have traded down and still gotten him or a comparable TE. No other TE has been taken since.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 04-24-2020 at 10:30 PM.

Same situation at SS. We're slated to start Deon Bush back there with less depth than TE. There were a bunch of them available at 43.

Every pick could pay off greatly, they could bust too. I'm not even saying he's a bad player, but I don't love the value. It's not unreasonable to think we could have traded down and still gotten him or a comparable TE. No other TE has been taken since.
    Yep, fair points. Not saying anybody is wrong. Just sayin...I can see where Pace is coming from on this. Im sure he has a plan for SS.

This 100%. Worst TE draft in years. Sure, he was the #1, but this class sucks and he's not special.

IMO 95% of TEs are just guys. The good ones either have elite athletic ability, which Kmet doesn't have, or they just have an innate football sense like Witten.

Even if he is good, he wouldn't have the same impact as a good safety/wr/tackle on this team. Even a 3rd rotational pass rusher would have a bigger impact on this team.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast