Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Wonder where Dieter fits in...???
    CK and Omar both thought he would be better at Center. He got some cross training last year so I'd have him compete with Karras and if he doesn't win just train him there for the season. Try to groom his replacement.

I'm more curious about Jesse Davis now.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I've seen a few postings that Hunt could start right away... Is he that good...??? I'd love that to happen... Could he be the next Keith Simms..??? I'd love that even more...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

I've seen a few postings that Hunt could start right away... Is he that good...??? I'd love that to happen... Could he be the next Keith Simms..??? I'd love that even more...
    He was the #1 OG on alot of people's draft board so I could see it. Not like we have much anyways other than Flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    He was the #1 OG on alot of people's draft board so I could see it. Not like we have much anyways other than Flowers.
    I just saw that he was the highest drafted OG... Hope he can start in the trenches...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

I just saw that he was the highest drafted OG... Hope he can start in the trenches...
    As I said he was #1 on most boards as Ruiz was number one C. Kindley was the #2 OG on some as well. We did very good.

I'm super curious to see what the plan is for Hunt. I like him and think he'd be better at RG than RT, but I wouldn't be surprised if we gave him a shot there first. Hes 23 already and is coming from a small school so I'm worried about his development. Gives me Billy Turner vibes in that sense.

Also where do we put Jesse Davis? You basically drafted two RGs and one has potential at RT. So where do you put Jesse? Do you throw him to LT like last year if Jackson isn't ready?

Jesse Davis was paid to be a swing tackle so if he doesn't start it isn't the end of the world.

Thats true but I actually think he's a decent RG/RT. I'd like to just see him in a single position for a season.

Looking at more of him, for anyone trying to get a bead on Hunt, I think I see why he's going to be a great lineman for us. We know he's a mauler when you need it. He can seal his guy to the outside with apparent ease. Definitely a strong dude who our running backs are going to love. Aggressive? Check. Intelligent? Apparently. Plays hard. I'd be lying if I said he never takes a play off, he has been caught not finishing when he could have. But he plays hard and I doubt he will be taking anything for granted in the NFL. It's not an issue, just something I saw on a play or 2. Okay, maybe just 1 lol!

Put it all together and those traits should help him fix his issues, which would be like many young guys' issues. Feet need a little work. He leans forward and reaches, which will cost him in the NFL until he addresses it. But he will, most likely and we'll be set. I like these aggressive maulers who are also intelligent and in control of themselves. When it's time, he seems to identify and knows who to hit downfield pretty good for a young guy, which is not something I take for granted anymore, since Ja'Wuan James. It's almost comical when he engages with a linebacker. They announced him as a tackle but I would not be surprised to see him as a guard and a very good one in a year or 2 when our line is all set. Personally, I'd like to start him in there with Davis outside, but either way we should be okay on the right side.
    EDIT: The more I watch, the more I think he should be a RG, not a RT. As amazing as it is to see a man his size move downfield or backpedal (not that he backpedals much), he might struggle laterally in the NFL. Has a quick sideways hop when he needs to recover but you need to strafe or during that hop you get blown up in the NFL.He can move laterally in short areas, but in the NFL and in space, I'm not sure. Coaches will know more than me, of course.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 05-03-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12