Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Remember though, they played a lot of the season while out Theilan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup. Thielen will easily lead the team in targets/catches/yards as long as hes healthy.

2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Draft 2020: Vikings Select LSU WR Justin Jefferson with the No. 22 overall pick

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Yup. Thielen will easily lead the team in targets/catches/yards as long as hes healthy.

... deleted post

Last edited by NJBASEBALL22; 04-29-2020 at 07:43 AM.

If Jefferson gets over 50 catches and 500 yards I call that a success. Just the way the offense is ran and then I figure Irv to have a much bigger role this year. The only way he gets close to 700 yards imo is either a) Theilan gets hurt or b) dude balls out and is even better than we expected.

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Remember though, they played a lot of the season while out Theilan

good point, tho Stefon actually had more targets the year before...with Adam healthy all year

Cousins threw 444 passes last year (606 the year before)...so, just for round numbers, say he throws 500...100 to RBs, 100 to TEs, 300 to WRs or thereabouts
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

A debate with some fellow Vikings fans....

Did Joe Burrow make Jefferson (and Chase) really good or is Jefferson (and Chase) really that good that they made Burrow look really good?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    A debate with some fellow Vikings fans....

Did Joe Burrow make Jefferson (and Chase) really good or is Jefferson (and Chase) really that good that they made Burrow look really good?
    All are very good and they brought in some offensive help for the scheme maximizing them all. Spreading it out helped burrow, moving inside helped Jefferson and chase benefited from a lot of space/more 1v1s on the outside with Jefferson/said system and a qb who can get it there

My answer is that they all made each other look better in a greatly designed offense to maximize their talent. It was one of the best college offenses ever so I think there is room for each to be very talented.

Justin Jefferson
    Minnesota Vikings, WR

Speaking Wednesday, Vikings OC Gary Kubiak said first-round WR Justin Jefferson will "move inside [to the slot] quite a bit."

Bisi Johnson was the Vikings' lightly-used slot wideout last season, kicking inside 38.2% of the time, but Adam Thielen was also inside quite a bit at a 32% clip. Jefferson was LSU's full-time slot man in 2019, running 78% of his routes inside, showing incredible route-running ability and reliable hands while winning on crossers, ins, and outs. With Jefferson in the fold, it likely means Thielen will be playing outside more with Stefon Diggs now out of town. The Vikings still figure to primarily use two-wide, two-TE, and two-RB sets as their base offense.

SOURCE: Chad Graff on Twitter
    Jun 17, 2020, 12:55 PM ET
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

I wouldn't be surprised if Jefferson surprises with his ability to play outside as well. It seems like very few mention the fact he played 79% of his snaps in 2018 on the outside. Burrow threw the ball 148 fewer times in 2018 but Jefferson still had a nice season. 875 yards and 16.2 YPC. He dominated the target share and % of receiving yards on LSU that year. Slot is likely where he makes his money but I think he'll end up being more than just a slot guy.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Jefferson surprises with his ability to play outside as well. It seems like very few mention the fact he played 79% of his snaps in 2018 on the outside. Burrow threw the ball 148 fewer times in 2018 but Jefferson still had a nice season. 875 yards and 16.2 YPC. He dominated the target share and % of receiving yards on LSU that year. Slot is likely where he makes his money but I think he'll end up being more than just a slot guy.
    Oh for sure he will be more than just a slot guy, but to be honest, it wouldn't be bad either if he was. Kirk loves those short crossing routes to give his guy some yac. I think he could be very dangerous in that role.

JJ has signed his rookie deal! 4 year 13m with a 7m signing bonus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12