Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

R1 Pick 18: OT Austin Jackson

I felt like this was becoming very obvious over the past week. They just didn't show any real interest in Josh Jones. Not my favorite but they have to think they can coach him up

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

He might still have been there at #26 though.

Jackson has great bend and alot had us mocked with him so I'm good with it.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    He might still have been there at #26 though.
    Ehh. All week people have been talking about how he'll probably go high. It seems like Josh Jones was the Twitter darling and actual football teams liked Jackson more.

He needs time but I think he can develop. I don't think he'll be a stud but I think he can be a good LT. Fits the mold of the NE LT.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I felt like this was becoming very obvious over the past week. They just didn't show any real interest in Josh Jones. Not my favorite but they have to think they can coach him up
    I didn't love it at first but it's gotten rave reviews by people who know much more about football than I do.

A legit LT prospect, I'm happy.

Hes gonna be a little iffy this year, but just give him reps and try to get him going. He'll make an immediate impact in the run game. Just needs help in the passing game.

"I played both tackle positions my whole life. I played guard. I don't have an ego that tells me I only play tackle. I'll help out the team whatever way I can," Dolphins OT Austin Jackson.

Yeah he will for sure be starting somewhere on the line this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Yeah he will for sure be starting somewhere on the line this year.
    I'm betting LT, but say a good LT drops to you like Josh Jones. Now you don't have to worry about passing on good value just because you have two LTs.

I'm betting LT, but say a good LT drops to you like Josh Jones. Now you don't have to worry about passing on good value just because you have two LTs.
    Alot of people have been saying Jones will have to move inside in the NFL, thus why he fell out of the 1st.

"I played both tackle positions my whole life. I played guard. I don't have an ego that tells me I only play tackle. I'll help out the team whatever way I can," Dolphins OT Austin Jackson.
    When I first read this I thought that YOU played both tackle positions your whole life... Then I saw the quote marks...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

a 20 year old natural LT that is still growing into his frame. The potential is off the charts for him. This whole draft is to compete for a SB for years to come, not within the next two years. This pick was smart and after thinking about it, it was a need and he would not have been there at #26

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    a 20 year old natural LT that is still growing into his frame. The potential is off the charts for him. This whole draft is to compete for a SB for years to come, not within the next two years. This pick was smart and after thinking about it, it was a need and he would not have been there at #26
    Didnt realize he was only 20, pick makes a ton more sense now, especially since hes known for his work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    When I first read this I thought that YOU played both tackle positions your whole life... Then I saw the quote marks...
    Man I've gained some weight but I'm not THAT heavy lol.