Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

R1 Pick 5: QB TUA TAGOVAILOA

They didnt **** it up

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    They didnt **** it up
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Schefter is reporting that we didn't consider trading up with the Lions at all. Never sent them an offer.

The smoke was strong.

I serioysly can't believe we got him after messing up the tank.

i'm excited to see what this kid can do in 2021. Finally something to be really excited about. Really, really good pick at #5

I serioysly can't believe we got him after messing up the tank.
    Right?

We actually tried to win games, built a foundation, and still got our guy.

Its the perfect situation. We didnt tank in a way that we looked like a joke, we got the free agents we wanted, we got the qb we wanted, and we have fitz and rosen to hold down the qb position while tua gets healthy.

This legitimately has worked out as good as we could ask for.

Didn't fall for the Lions BS, seems we never called them at all to talk trade hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Didn't fall for the Lions BS, seems we never called them at all to talk trade hahaha
    I am 100% ok with falling for the smokescreen.

I love it...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Woke up today just as happy as I was last night. Its just a thing of beauty.

While I am concerned about his injury history and I was undecided until draft day I have come to the reality that this was really the only pick we could make at 5.

I think even if Tua does not work out the Dolphins made the right choice. You don't find elite quality QB's at 5th overall very often and the chance of the Dolphins picking top 5 in the next couple of seasons is unlikely. To get a guy like Tua in the near future would almost surely cost the Dolphins at least 3 first rounders.

Thats exactly how I feel. I'm just as worried as everyone else is about the injuries, but I'm just happy that they took the risk on someone elite. We usually always settle for the safe picks but instead we shot for the stars with Tua. If he doesn't work out then you move on in a few years.

Worst case I think he has a career like Andrew Luck. He will get hurt at some point in his career and miss time. But man, when he's healthy I think he will take this team to another level. Give him an actual team around him and I think Luck would have won 2 or 3 super bowls. Thankfully I do think that the organization is smart enough to help Tua.

I have to admit, I'm still concerned about his brittleness, but when the pick was made I fist pumped. At least whenever he is on the field we can look forward to QB play that is not embarrassing for nearly the first time in 20 years. I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I have to admit, I'm still concerned about his brittleness, but when the pick was made I fist pumped. At least whenever he is on the field we can look forward to QB play that is not embarrassing for nearly the first time in 20 years. I'll take it!
    Hes really not brittle, he just goes really hard.

One of those guys who doesnt stop training, he eats sleeps and breaths football, and on the field, he wants to deliver hits.

Watch some clips of him at bama, he straight up charges into linebackers and lays them out. Thats just the kind of athlete he is, which is why imo Flores likes him. He wants that no nonsense hard worker who loves football.

But he really needs to be taught to stop trying to be more physical than everyone, and learn to take care of his body.

Thats exactly how I feel. I'm just as worried as everyone else is about the injuries, but I'm just happy that they took the risk on someone elite. We usually always settle for the safe picks but instead we shot for the stars with Tua. If he doesn't work out then you move on in a few years.

Worst case I think he has a career like Andrew Luck. He will get hurt at some point in his career and miss time. But man, when he's healthy I think he will take this team to another level. Give him an actual team around him and I think Luck would have won 2 or 3 super bowls. Thankfully I do think that the organization is smart enough to help Tua.
    I think its important to continue building the offense with the idea that Tua starts 2021 as the starter and possibly at some point in 2020. This next pick in my opinion has to be 1 of the 3 top RBS. I think 1 of the next 3 picks should be a lineman. 2 OL in the top 3 rounds would be a good start.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast