Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Giants Draft Georgia LT Andrew Thomas

Maybe a safe pick but not overly thrilled. Hoping he is not Ereck Flowers all over again.

I really wish it would've been Wills. I just don't get it, to be honest.

His high floor? Not wanting a flop?

But he was not BPA or BTA.

Best pass blocker. Wish we traded back but guess nobody wanted
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    His high floor? Not wanting a flop?

But he was not BPA or BTA.
    I don't think that Wills or even Wirfs would've been more projects than Thomas. I just don't get it. Not saying he's bad by any means, but... whatever, let's hope it works out!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I don't think that Wills or even Wirfs would've been more projects than Thomas. I just don't get it. Not saying he's bad by any means, but... whatever, let's hope it works out!
    I didn’t trust wirfs
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

He wasn't my first choice for OLman. But, I do like the pick. Best T in this draft(not sure about best OLman tho), and best lineman for Barkley. Also, his wingspan is insane.

Probably the safest OL pick of the top 4.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 04-23-2020 at 09:33 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    He wasn't my first choice for OLman. But, I do like the pick. Best T in this draft(not sure about best OLman tho), and best lineman for Barkley. Also, his wingspan is insane.

Yeah, he is the safest but I always in any sport hate picking the safest guy because many times that safe pick busts out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yeah, he is the safest but I always in any sport hate picking the safest guy because many times that safe pick busts out.
    I get where you're coming from he wasn't my first choice. But, he has the highest floor of any of the top 4 OL in my opinion and the least likely of them to bust. Some others may have higher ceilings but floors are lower.

I hope they go LB and C with the next to picks(no particular order)

If they were a super bowl ready team, I would probably want the highest ceiling guy. But they're rebuilding. So I get going the safest guy with highest floor.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

He was my original pick. But as it went on I shifted more towards the bama T. I do like Thomas and think he will have an immediate impact
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I get where you're coming from he wasn't my first choice. But, he has the highest floor of any of the top 4 OL in my opinion and the least likely of them to bust. Some others may have higher ceilings but floors are lower.

If they were a super bowl ready team, I would probably want the highest ceiling guy. But they're rebuilding. So I get going the safest guy with highest floor.

They also need to show flashes this year or gettleman is gone so a guy that’s for sure going to come in and be able to play right away hopefully at a high level will help. Hopefully they can take a step towards .500 or better this year.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Disagree. I think Willis had highest floor. His technique is incredible and his results in Alabama on the game tape show a day 1 starter who dominated.

Thomas is a very good tackle. I don’t think he’s Flowers. He’s a pretty safe bet to be a reliable tackle. I just think DG reached again. He really doesn’t value draft picks. He just says “I like this guy, I’m taking this guy.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

FRom what I was led to believe Judge had impact on the draft it was not only Gentleman. Judge knows Saban and I guess he felt that Thomas was a better choice than Wills. Only time will tell.Thomas has played LT where Wills from my understanding has not, so maybe the feeling was that Thomas was a better fit than Wills to take over next year from Solder.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Disagree. I think Willis had highest floor. His technique is incredible and his results in Alabama on the game tape show a day 1 starter who dominated.

Thomas is a very good tackle. I don’t think he’s Flowers. He’s a pretty safe bet to be a reliable tackle. I just think DG reached again. He really doesn’t value draft picks. He just says “I like this guy, I’m taking this guy.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And so far his two classes have been impressive 🤷*♂️
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast