Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Who was the last elite WR to win a SB?
    Victor Cruz was elite in 2011. But it's probably Marvin Harrison in 2006.

That's the same issue with RBs though. You got at most 3 players at a position who are considered elite, but only 1 out of 32 teams wins a Super Bowl. In fact this can be done for any position, except maybe QB. But even Aaron Rodgers only won one.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I think Mims is a real possibility for NE at #37. I think him and Harry could really be a nice duo moving forward.
    Yeah that would be a good spot for him I think

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    What's your definition of "true #1" because depending on the definition I'd say either every team or none of them. If it's a legit #1 that's elite or in the next tier, I'd say only KC in recent memory with Hill/Kelce. The Pats won theirs when Gronk was injured or no longer the force he was, the Eagles didn't have a guy in that category, the Seahawks and Ravens definitely didn't have anyone in that category. The Broncos are debatable, but given that they won with one of the statistically worst offenses of any SB champion, I'd say it didn't apply to then.

Who was the last elite WR to win a SB? Julio, Brown, OBJ, Greene, Hopkins, and Thomas haven't come close. Randy Moss, TO, Steve Smith, and Larry Fitz didn't win.
    Kelce absolutely counts as does Hill. I said besides the NE win over LAR because it was a defensive battle. Teams that win definitely have someone that draws attention in a major way. And with the way the NFL has gone it's got to be a WR. The Eagles had Alshon playing at an elite level that year. Bronco's had one in DT88 that year. Seattle might have been the last one with the Lynch lead offense and Harvin/Baldwin/Tate/Kearse WR bunch. Raven's and Anquan Boldin at the time in the Joe Flacco win.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post

That's the same issue with RBs though. You got at most 3 players at a position who are considered elite, but only 1 out of 32 teams wins a Super Bowl. In fact this can be done for any position, except maybe QB. But even Aaron Rodgers only won one.
    Agree with this statement. Plus I think "elite" is an overused term.

Demaryius Thomas, 2015

Packer fans have to be livid, right?

but....Favre was 35 when they drafted A-Rod....?

You have an all-time great type QB with 3-4 years left and take another QB? Not only that, but MOVE up to get him? After letting Jimmy Graham be his #2 option last year? With a roster that has a run game and bolstered the defense some already?

PFF says 61% of his targets in 2019 were catchable.
    hmm, I'm seeing 93 targets, 43 catches....61% infers over a dozen catchable balls went incomplete
    (was looking at rotowire)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Demaryius Thomas, 2015
    Nah. Not elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Packer fans have to be livid, right?

but....Favre was 35 when they drafted A-Rod....?

You have an all-time great type QB with 3-4 years left and take another QB? Not only that, but MOVE up to get him? After letting Jimmy Graham be his #2 option last year? With a roster that has a run game and bolstered the defense some already?
    Jordan Love now becomes the next Jimmy Garapolo....may not get a chance to actually play until he's well into his rookie contract

But certainly doesn't help the offense in the short run, when they could use it (which was less true when they drafted Rodgers and sat him)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Nah. Not elite.
    That was literally his 4th year in a row of over 1,300 yards. What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Love threw 17 picks. Heís got tools, but heís a ways off. Letís pump the breaks on the overreactions here.
    Yea it will likely take Love 2-3 years to groom just like it did with Rodgers. Just ironic that heís about the same age Favre was when Rodgers was drafted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    That was literally his 4th year in a row of over 1,300 yards. What are you talking about?
    So Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Odell Beckham, DeAndre Hopkins didn't play in 2015?

If you wanna talk stats, 6 WR had more yards, and almost 30 had more TDs than Thomas.

Not elite.

Cruz was an elite slot receiver, which deserves a clarification IMO. The reason elite WRs don't typically win SBs is because they're extremely expensive and when they're taken away by the defense their entire offense suffers due to how reliant they are. Cruz was never the highest paid WR that I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Kelce absolutely counts as does Hill. I said besides the NE win over LAR because it was a defensive battle. Teams that win definitely have someone that draws attention in a major way. And with the way the NFL has gone it's got to be a WR. The Eagles had Alshon playing at an elite level that year. Bronco's had one in DT88 that year. Seattle might have been the last one with the Lynch lead offense and Harvin/Baldwin/Tate/Kearse WR bunch. Raven's and Anquan Boldin at the time in the Joe Flacco win.
    Brah, you're dishing out "elite" like its nothing. Boldin and Alshon had no argument for elite.

I mentioned KC, but they're unique in that they're stacked and have a rookie contract QB. Someone even mentioned the Colts in 2006 who were also stacked, but at least they were on expensive contracts.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Iím not crazy about the Cowboys pick other then screwing over the Eagles . Hard not to like the player but if you knew you were gonna pick him if he was there why pay Cooper so much so soon ? Plus the passing game wasnít the issue last year . Mike Nolan is probably thinking the same thing . However MM said Dallas will start taking the best available player instead of thinking about scheme or position . Seems like thatís exactly what happened .
    Many had CeeDee Lamb as the best WR in the draft. Everyone that scouted him says heís a legit #1 WR. This guy has the talent to be the best WR in Cowboys history. I also wouldnít worry about Cooperís contract for a couple of different reasons. First, everyone is expecting 2 huge jumps in the salary cap between 2021 and 2023. They are not going to have any problems fitting Cooperís contract and resigning Gallup. BUT for arguments sake letís say they wonít be able to keep Cooper and resign Gallup. By 2022 the bulk of Cooperís guaranteed money will have been paid and cutting him in 2022 with only leave $6M in dead money. So if they want they can cut Cooper and resign Gallup.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Yea it will likely take Love 2-3 years to groom just like it did with Rodgers. Just ironic that heís about the same age Favre was when Rodgers was drafted.

I personally didn't think he was elite, but I wouldn't definitively say he wasn't. He had dumpster fire Peyton and Brock Osweiler throwing to him.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast