Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Trent Williams to move soon? Williams vetoes deal to MIN

knowing us, we will get taken to the cleaners... a 6th this year and a 7th next year will probably be what we net. or maybe we will throw in a high pick with trent to get a decent pick back
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    knowing us, we will get taken to the cleaners... a 6th this year and a 7th next year will probably be what we net. or maybe we will throw in a high pick with trent to get a decent pick back
    If hes not going to be traded to the Cowboys the just get him out of the NFC East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48
    I mean, you guys pretty much deserve to get shafted in that trade. Teams were allegedly offering 2nd rounders to you last year and the FO tried to play hard ball despite Trent making it clear he wasn't playing along.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

I'm guessing it's a conditional 2021 draft pick, since most teams will want to do an in-person physical which is impossible right now. Given his injury history and the growth on his head, as well as taking last year off, any team not putting him through a physical is taking a big risk.

I originally said last off-season if we were moving him, I saw a 4th and a 6th being the return. So maybe a conditional 3rd rounder in 2021? I could also see a deal with the Vikings involving Riley Reiff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I mean, you guys pretty much deserve to get shafted in that trade. Teams were allegedly offering 2nd rounders to you last year and the FO tried to play hard ball despite Trent making it clear he wasn't playing along.
    Supposedly the Patriots offered a first last year.

allegedly.. nobody confirmed or denied what was really being offered. Given now if we dont get anything of decent value (3rd minimum), Id rather just hold onto his rights honestly and let the rest of his career waste away while not getting paid. FO played hardball bc they were made out to be the bad guys when both parties (probably) shared equal blame.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Ian Rapoport cited a source who said that was "unequivocally not true."

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    allegedly.. nobody confirmed or denied what was really being offered. Given now if we dont get anything of decent value (3rd minimum), Id rather just hold onto his rights honestly and let the rest of his career waste away while not getting paid. FO played hardball bc they were made out to be the bad guys when both parties (probably) shared equal blame.
    I thought your medical staff basically told him to keep playing during a lost season despite having a questionable growth on his head? That's pretty awful, what's the "other" side of the story?

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

I thought your medical staff basically told him to keep playing during a lost season despite having a questionable growth on his head? That's pretty awful, what's the "other" side of the story?
    Agreed that is pretty awful, the other side of the story is after Trent and his agent accused the front office of what you just said, Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen asked the NFL and the NFLPA to look into the situation to see if their medical staff did anything wrong. Trent Williams and his agent emphatically told the NFLPA not to let any investigation happen.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

And no one in DC, nor a solid national writer confirmed that.

It would surprise me greatly to see BB offer up that trade, let's just put it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    And no one in DC, nor a solid national writer confirmed that.

It would surprise me greatly to see BB offer up that trade, let's just put it that way.
    Meh, picks are a little overrated. Like would BB rather have Isaiah Wynn or Trent Williams? Easy decision IMO.

Meh, picks are a little overrated. Like would BB rather have Isaiah Wynn or Trent Williams? Easy decision IMO.
    I think the "picks are a little overrated" needs to have some type of caveat IMO. If you are an established team with few holes early picks could be overrated because you could be picking a player you can't really play. Later picks are important though, because what you want/need there is cheap role players (special teams, dime back, 3rd down RB, flex IOL). If you are a rebuilding team high picks aren't overrated because you need an influx of talent, but late round picks aren't that important because those role players aren't things you are worried about.

Examples of what I'm talking about:
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers - They are no longer playing for the future or building for the future. They are in the now. So that pick 14 isn't that useful for them. They are a team that would be best off doing what they can to either move high up for an elite talent, or move the pick for a vet player that can step in and perform.

Miami Dolphins - They have 3 1st round picks this year and given that they really need the talent, they are best off keeping all three and giving themselves the best chance to hit on multiple talents in this draft (although there is irony in the report that they are doing what they can to move from 5 to 3 for the top OT in the draft). They are team that could really make use of those mutiple 1sts.

The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast