Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Rob Gronkowski considering unretiring, will only play for Tampa Bay **TRADE OFFICIAL*

Pats fans will be very disappointed with the return lol

I do think they’ll get more than previous examples like Marshawn. In those cases, SEA wouldn’t have been interested in keeping Lynch at his number. This situation is different because the Pats would be happy to have Gronk back at his cap hit - they could easily make that space and would with our TE depth chart so barren. So there’s a little bit more built in leverage there.

Even though Gronk is retired, this is more your run of the mill disgruntled veteran trade IMO than a total nothing move like the Marshawn Lynch example. So the value is severely depressed but not to a “nothing” extent IMO.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

I saw Gronk for OJ Howard suggested. Feels about right. Gronk is likely nothing more than a 1 or 2 year hired gun, OJ Howard has been a disappointment with Tampa, NE could use the talent.

Also random gut thing, Gronk is going to be the one that writes the tell all spilling the beans on the Patriots. You don't go from talking about how your body is breaking down to coming back that easily. He's always held that he only wants to play with Tom, but I think he wanted out of NE too. This is his way to get both.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I saw Gronk for OJ Howard suggested. Feels about right. Gronk is likely nothing more than a 1 or 2 year hired gun, OJ Howard has been a disappointment with Tampa, NE could use the talent.
    I think that’s optimistic for NE. If the Pats don’t trade him he stays retired and they get nothing. They have no leverage. But it’s not like he can threaten the team with coming back and they have to pay him because they’d happily do so.

Conversely though, if the Bucs really view Gronk as someone who can be rejuvenated and dominant again then regardless of “leverage” or “overpaying” they’re making themselves worse by not giving in and doing that deal.

Those conflicting forces are what I outlined above and why I think NE can get something. But it won’t be close to what I think Pats fans will fantasize about.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Also random gut thing, Gronk is going to be the one that writes the tell all spilling the beans on the Patriots. You don't go from talking about how your body is breaking down to coming back that easily. He's always held that he only wants to play with Tom, but I think he wanted out of NE too. This is his way to get both.
    Not sure there’s much to tell really. BB is a tough guy to play for. He’s very demanding. Players have said it, he says it himself. That’s a tough grind for a lot of personality types and the longer you play in that system the harder it is. Some guys seem to be fine with it (McCourty, Hightower, Wilfork, Rodney Harrison, Bruschi for example) while others have had tumultuous times as it wore on (Brady, Gronk, Seymour, Vrabel). Ty Law and to a lesser extent McGinnest is an example of a guy who had his issues while playing but looking back it’s still fond memories and respect.

Trade is Gronk and a 7th for a 4th. That’s about what I figured. The Marcellus Bennet trade was my frame of reference.

Well OJ Howard is going to be on the move.

Shame we wasted all that money on Jesse James in hindsight because TJ and OJ would make for a nice TE duo easing TJ into the starting role. Then again we barely used JJ last year, I can't imagine they'd know how to use OJ more than Tampa did.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Well OJ Howard is going to be on the move.

Shame we wasted all that money on Jesse James in hindsight because TJ and OJ would make for a nice TE duo easing TJ into the starting role. Then again we barely used JJ last year, I can't imagine they'd know how to use OJ more than Tampa did.
    I’ve been suggesting James White for OJ Howard.

White is one of the best receiving backs in the league. TB needs one and White would give them no worries about how a rookie would adjust to NFL pass blocking. And it’d free them up to use their picks for other spots/a move up the draft board for a top OT. All for a player who would might not even be their preferred 2nd TE now behind Gronk and Brate.

Official now.

Pats
    4th

Bucs
    Gronk
    7th

Sign AB for cheap now

One more reason to hate the Bucs this season. Just go away, "Rod".
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

From a purely analytical standpoint, this is good for NE. A player who was retired came back and they got as good pretty solid value considering circumstance. Basically a free 4th rounder.

But this also has the potential to be very bad aesthetically. I think it’s been know that NE isn’t a fun place to play for a lot of personality types. Now, because the roster is depleted and not in good shape, there’s the potential for them to not be good on the heels of two notable players leaving due to the grind.

BB does a good job finding players who fit his style but this could make it tougher to get full buy in once the going gets tough.

I'm pretty happy...I finally get to root for Gronk with being ashamed of it lol.

To me, it's kinda like found money for NE.
    He wasn't coming back to play for NE or BB again; that was a certainty.
    Interesting point about Gronk eventually writing a "tell all" about The Patriot Way but I'll bet that won't happen.
    I think he's have to hate Belichick and Kraft to do that.
    Might hate BB some but not enough to do that.
    Too much success and a lot of great moments.
    And I'm guessing he certainly wouldn't do that to Kraft.

If your a Patriots fan you are pissed right now a 4th round pick a ****ing 4th for trading what some
    say is the greatest TE of all time. They now need a TE, Kicker, QB, LB. It’s bad enough they didn’t bring back
    The Pat Patriot logo for the 2020 season now this. It’s official we’re in rebuild mode.

Vince to Gronk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast