Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Boudreaux View Post
    I think Quinn made a huge mistake drafting Okudah but there's a lot of the off season left.
    The mistake was not finding a way to keep Slay. They could have used that pick on Simmons.

Detroit Lions football. Just digging holes then spending the rest of the time trying to fill them.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    The mistake was not finding a way to keep Slay. They could have used that pick on Simmons.

Detroit Lions football. Just digging holes then spending the rest of the time trying to fill them.
    Nah, Slay needed to go

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    I don't understand your statement. There were two total teams that may have wanted to trade up with the lions.(miami, chargers). My guess is both of these teams knew or highly suspected that the lions would actually grab tua. Further, the chargers may really like Herbert. Nobody knows the answer to that.
    we start the draft... the Lions could've took Tua or Herbert themselves and got additional draft comp

Or we could've made it seem like the Dolphins were going to get Herbert to the Chargers and drive the price up.

Quinn probably did none of this. He's an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Nah, Slay needed to go
    yeah... a year ago for x3 the worth

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    we start the draft... the Lions could've took Tua or Herbert themselves and got additional draft comp

Or we could've made it seem like the Dolphins were going to get Herbert to the Chargers and drive the price up.

Quinn probably did none of this. He's an idiot
    Yea I have to wonder what type of communication he has with the teams that are behind him. In terms of how it all played out it seemed like LA and MIA had no concern about their QB not being there. Why would they trade up if they had no incentive? I feel like a ballsy move could have been, "okay, no one wants to trade up well I'm going to take Tua/Herbet. Let's see if they are willing to trade now that they know he's gone." Worst case is you have a QB for the future that you can spin into a positive narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    I don't think it was a huge mistake. Would I have like Simmons absolutely but he isn't a true edge rusher. I had Brown higher than Simmons. Brown would have wreck havoc up the middle. Okudah will shutdown one half of the field. Of course I would have rather traded back a couple of spots to take him but with how the draft is running this year many teams feared techincal difficulties. Day 2 is where I'm more excited about.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    I agree there seem to be some good prospects on day 2 and day 3 but I think Quinn flubbed the #3 pick. Okudah can come in and play like an All-Pro from day 1 of training camp and it won't change a thing, the defense won't be any better than it was last season because the corners weren't the problem.

Yes, and wasting the #3 pick to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Boudreaux View Post
    Yes, and wasting the #3 pick to do it.
    Cut Ebron, waste a top 10 pick on a TE to replace him.

Let Calvin retire instead of trading him, spend your FA budget on overpaying for Marvin Jones to replace him.

And on and on and on.

It's never add more talent.

It's always LOSE talent first, then find a way to replace it.

or Slay + Okudah.

That said though, Slay was not good for the locker room (Not necessarily his fault & I think he would have played to the best of his ability regardless) but it's worth mentioning because it was a real problem (created by patricia) but it still existed.

Let Calvin retire instead of trading him, spend your FA budget on overpaying for Marvin Jones to replace him.

And on and on and on.

but this is the Lions Whool! What did you expect?

And on and on and on.

embrace it

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456