Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Outside KG-TD-Dirk, who was the best PF of the 2000's

The 2000's were the golden days for PF's, before the position was damn near rendered extinct as we remember it, the trio above dominated the decade every way imaginable. All arguably top 15-20 players but outside of those 3, these were the best years I can recall at a glance;

2000 - Rasheed Wallace: 16-7-2 - Elite Defender - Pushed the Champion Lakers to 7
    01/02/03 Chris Webber: 26-11-4.4 - Pushed the Champion Lakers to 7 in 00 and 02
    2004 - Jermaine O'neal - 20-10-2 (2.6BLKS) - Elite Defender - Pushed the Champion Pistons to 7
    2005 - Amare or Marion - One of them had to be a PF, either by nature or by positional technicality. Its up to you but this is when the NBA began to slightly shift the requirements of a PF.

2006 - Elton Brand - 25-10-2.6 (2.5 BLKS) - Wettest outlet option in the NBA and drug the Clippers to 7 games vs the Suns in the 2nd round.

07 & 08 (Tie)
    Carlos Boozer - 21-11-3 - Help turn the Jazz to a perennial 50 win team, made a WCF
    Chris Bosh - 23-9.5-2.5 - Made the Raptors competitive, quit on his team during his peak year after this

2009/10 - Pau - 18.5-10.5-3.4 Elite Versatility on both ends - B2B Champ

I just nominated certain seasons but feel free to rank the best by whatever criteria you want, peak season, best career worth throughout. Really doesn't have to be about these specific seasons.

I think I got Pau as an obvious #1 in career worth but for Peak, I think I might be leaning towards Webber or Amare tbh
    Last edited by Chronz; 04-19-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Webber was the most dominant for a long enough time. Its a shame that his knee took him down for the count.

Weber didnt have much of anything in the 2nd half of the decade. I think Pau should get a little more attention here

Pau Gasol easily for the decade.

Peak is Webber.

Jermaine O'Neal was a center in 2004. Al Harrington and Ron Artest were the forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Jermaine O'Neal was a center in 2004. Al Harrington and Ron Artest were the forwards.
    I agree with Pau for the decade. I am not sure who to peak for peak. I might take Amare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

At there best Webber is def the best after TD/KG/Dirk

Then Sheed
    Then Pau

I may be underrating Pau though, but Id def take Prime Webber over any of these guys. He was better than Dirk for a long time.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 04-21-2020 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    You're kind of splitting hairs there, he basically played both positions equally but he started as the 4, made all NBA as a 4 and tbh, the team was sort of at their best with him at the 4 from what I remember.

Harrington was a 6th man and swung between both forward spots, Jermaine played about same number of minutes alongside foster as he did Harrington I think

My initial thought was C-Webb but yeah for the entire decade it's Pau for his longevity. Sheed was great but as a Blazer fan he never lived up to his potential or stepped up to be the true team leader we needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    You're kind of splitting hairs there, he basically played both positions equally but he started as the 4, made all NBA as a 4 and tbh, the team was sort of at their best with him at the 4 from what I remember.

Harrington was a 6th man and swung between both forward spots, Jermaine played about same number of minutes alongside foster as he did Harrington I think
    You're correct, Jeff Foster did start that year. That was his last really uninjured year.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    My initial thought was C-Webb but yeah for the entire decade it's Pau for his longevity. Sheed was great but as a Blazer fan he never lived up to his potential or stepped up to be the true team leader we needed.
    yeah, I was kind of reaching by giving him a season but to me, he's the ultimate floor vs ceiling raiser. as a #1 he prolly ain't the best option, but as a tertiary option, he can elevate an already good team to the next level better than say Elton Brand imo. I loved brand but he kind of half assed it on defense sometimes.

I find this debate about which to value fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    At there best Webber is def the best after TD/KG/Dirk

Then Sheed
    Then Pau

I may be underrating Pau though, but Id def take Prime Webber over any of these guys. He was better than Dirk for a long time.
    idk why I have a hard time giving that guy credit. cwebb that is. just years of rooting against him and watching him choke left a sour taste in my mouth but he had more success than anyone else on this list as a franchise guy. I just wonder if hes as good a #2 as the rest of these guys. I know he tanked Sacramento that year peja tore it up without him but that was when he was finished

He didn't choke, the refs cheated him a championship. Those early decade Sac teams should definitely have a title under their belt if it weren't for the refs. They were so much fun to watch.

Pau
    Webb
    Brand

In that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    yeah, I was kind of reaching by giving him a season but to me, he's the ultimate floor vs ceiling raiser. as a #1 he prolly ain't the best option, but as a tertiary option, he can elevate an already good team to the next level better than say Elton Brand imo. I loved brand but he kind of half assed it on defense sometimes.

I find this debate about which to value fascinating.
    Yes, as a secondary level player on a team he makes them great, like he did Detroit. And I think he'd be even better in today's NBA too (well, minus getting suspended for technicals).

I wonder if people would prefer a quality #1 option with a subpar tertiary cast or a flawed or subpar #1 with an excellent tertiary cast?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast