Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: The Last Dance

Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    it's not that bad of a call, Scottie did make contact with Hubert(that alone makes it not a terrible call), and when it happens that fast, plus Davis flops a little and falls down, plus the knicks were at home, it's understandable it got called. the Knicks were the better team, and won fair and square

the Bulls also had 2 seconds left, but didn't have the most clutch player of all time to hit the shot for them, so they bumbled it away. then had game 7 they could have won, but only scored 77 points. Scottie needed to go for 30-35 points, and take over the game, but he only managed 20 points, on 8-22 FG. he was never a great scorer, and wasn't very clutch.
    Jordan missed plenty of last second shots , and there were plenty of times someone else hit the last second shot.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I can see why Scottie is rumored to be upset. In the beginning Jordan came out and said he didn't win 6 rings without Pippen. They definitely gave him his flowers there. But the rest of the way it all seemed to give the impression that Scottie could have never had his own team. He had a shot at it and walked off the court in s game winning situation because he didn't get a play called for him. That's ****ing awful.

I was born in '92 so not going to pretend I have any vivid memories to say whether it's accurate or not.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

The Last Dance

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I can see why Scottie is rumored to be upset. In the beginning Jordan came out and said he didn't win 6 rings without Pippen. They definitely gave him his flowers there. But the rest of the way it all seemed to give the impression that Scottie could have never had his own team. He had a shot at it and walked off the court in s game winning situation because he didn't get a play called for him. That's ****ing awful.

I was born in '92 so not going to pretend I have any vivid memories to say whether it's accurate or not.
    He was portrayed accurately. That was the high point of his career and in the series he managed to bench himself in a hugh situation, commit a foul in 5 game that probably cost his team the game, and do nothing in the second half of game 7. He is a HOFer, a 6 time champion, and a great player. He was also a whiner that had a lot of questionable post season moments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-24-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/michael...230045080.html

Apparently Jordan and everyone else is lying about keeping Isiah off the Dream Team. They have audio recordings of Jordan from 1992 saying he wonít play on the team if Isiah is on it.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/michael...230045080.html

Apparently Jordan and everyone else is lying about keeping Isiah off the Dream Team. They have audio recordings of Jordan from 1992 saying he wonít play on the team if Isiah is on it.
    That seemed pretty obvious. I felt like Jordan was even wink winking when he said it wasnít him alone

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He was portrayed accurately. That was the high point of his career and in the series he managed to bench himself in a hugh situation, commit a foul in 5 game that probably cost his team the game, and do nothing in the second half of game 7. He is a HOFer, a 6 time champion, and a great player. He was also a whiner that had a lot of questionable post season moments

Growing up in the Chicago area during this time, Pippen had quite an awful reputation in the public for being stingy with restaurant staff and places doing promotions. Got himself the nickname No-Tip Pip because often times heíd from what I heard would rack up a huge bill at a restaurant only to leave no tip.

Just emphasizes how salty he was over that contract as the years went by.

if one wanted to watch this but doesn't have access to ESPN, what other options are there?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    if one wanted to watch this but doesn't have access to ESPN, what other options are there?
    Netflix

Pippen was completely selfish getting that surgery late you can tell MJ resented him for it even tho he loves Pip nothing should come above winning. Then again easy for MJ to say he was making 2020 superstar money in 1997.

To me it is a classic "Two seemingly opposing views can be true at the same time" situation.

Pippen was one of the greatest players of all-time.
    Pippen was selfish for the delayed surgery and subbing himself out.

Pippen was grossly underpaid.
    Pippen got financial security at a young age.

Isiah Thomas was one of the best basketball players in 1992.
    Leaving Isiah Thomas off the Dream Team was the correct decision.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324