Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Dance

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Durant and Lebron

No Larry Bird, who's the GOAT in this discusion.
    No Maravich...

Harden

Come on buddy, if you're unfamiliar with darts I'm pretty sure you'll like it more than basketball.
    Yall are stuck in time with some of them old dudes Kevin Mcahle and no lebron.. LOL

Larry Bird cant even catch Durant dust if he tried today...lol talking skills here now not brawls
    Last edited by ldawg; 05-02-2020 at 09:06 AM.

all time is easy

i am sorry but will not be going pass the 80s

Kareem, Shaq
    Duncan,Malone
    Lebron, Bird
    MJ, Kobe
    Magic, Curry

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Yall are stuck in time with some of them old dudes Kevin Mcahle and no lebron.. LOL

Larry Bird cant even catch Durant dust if he tried today...lol talking skills here now not brawls
    I'm mostly stuck from amazement of how you cannot distinguish a basketball skill from an athletic feat. Yet again, you're someone better suited for darts than basketball, unless you're trolling hard, but either way that's the last time I take your bait.

I'm mostly stuck from amazement of how you cannot distinguish a basketball skill from an athletic feat. Yet again, you're someone better suited for darts than basketball, unless you're trolling hard, but either way that's the last time I take your bait.
    name 1 thing that Bird could do but Durant cannot? i think these two players are pretty close. I will say bird was a better passer and while playing closer to the basket a better rebounder but as far as skills pretty close.

Yall prop up these old guys like basketball gods and no one else is within reach.
    Last edited by ldawg; 05-02-2020 at 11:14 AM.

https://bluemanhoop.com/2018/09/15/k...etter-prime/3/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...l-time-sf-list

This will help your claim that Bird is better but to think its crazy for post injury Durant to be in the conversation your mistaking. Not sure you you think its trolling simply because someone dont share yall views. None of this can be proven its simply no way to determine this kind of straw man arguments in context stretch around the building ony to arrive back at the start each time. In short no one is wrong and on the flip side no one is right. You are no more right than i wrong its all debatable. So no use getting all emotional and twist up about it. No where will you see Larry being in the same sentence as Ty Lue but it have a reason Durant name will be there.
    Last edited by ldawg; 05-02-2020 at 12:52 PM.

name 1 thing that Bird could do but Durant cannot? i think these two players are pretty close. I will say bird was a better passer and while playing closer to the basket a better rebounder but as far as skills pretty close.

Yall prop up these old guys like basketball gods and no one else is within reach.
    Dude, you just laughed off Bird being more skilled than Durant and then went off to say that Bird is a superior SF than Durant.

all time is easy

Kareem, Shaq
    Duncan,Malone
    Lebron, Bird
    MJ, Kobe
    Magic, Curry

most skilled not best.

Hakeem, Kareem
    Davis, Duncan
    Lebron, Durant
    MJ, Harden
    Curry, Cp3
    No one should take you seriously. Go find someone else to annoy please.

Dude, you just laughed off Bird being more skilled than Durant and then went off to say that Bird is a superior SF than Durant.

No one should take you seriously. Go find someone else to annoy please.
    dude it still stand my pick is still Durant. I never said Larry was superior lol. i only post those links as to say they will help your claim. I personally do not trust numbers from back in the day as i think they were inflated with the nba gearing towards stars and teams. They even lied about players height and was caught fixing games. Media access and platforms were limited. I said it has nothing bird did that Durant cant do. I also said since bird played closer to the basket his rebound numbers will be better and he was the better passer. This by no means took into consideration his athletic advantage. I simply said it dont have anything on the basketball floor that bird did that durant cant do today.

lol all time and most skilled is different why even post that. on my all time its Bird on my most skilled its Durant.
    Last edited by ldawg; 05-02-2020 at 02:24 PM.

dude it still stand my pick is still Durant. I never said Larry was superior lol. i only post those links as to say they will help your claim. I personally do not trust numbers from back in the day as i think they were inflated with the nba gearing towards stars and teams. They even lied about players height and was caught fixing games. Media access and platforms were limited. I said it has nothing bird did that Durant cant do. I also said since bird played closer to the basket his rebound numbers will be better and he was the better passer. This by no means took into consideration his athletic advantage. I simply said it dont have anything on the basketball floor that bird did that durant cant do today.

lol all time and most skilled is different why even post that. on my all time its Bird on my most skilled its Durant.
    You are a troll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You are a troll
    I sincerely hope he is.

I am troll says the guy who dont have Lebron on any of his list and going to have freaking Mchale, Yoa ming etc on all time list. What you call that BS. thats beyond trolling.

Most skilled was Dream. Heís the first 7 footer who could defend all the way out to the perimeter. As a C, ripping a ball handler and leading the break as a 7 footer was a Unicorn. Heís arguably the greatest defender all time. Can play both big man positions. The leading shoot blocker all time. His post game to me is what makes him the most skilled. Fouling or trying to knock him down did not work against a extremely coronated player with a 7í6 wing span.

With the amount of talent he had around him during his prime and still getting a back to back is why heís in my top 5. #1 skilled.
    Last edited by Bostonjorge; 05-02-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Most skilled was Dream. Heís the first 7 footer who could defend all the way out to the perimeter. As a C, ripping a ball handler and leading the break as a 7 footer was a Unicorn. Heís arguably the greatest defender all time. Can play both big man positions. The leading shoot blocker all time. His post game to me is what makes him the most skilled. Fouling or trying to knock him down did not work against a extremely coronated player with a 7í6 wing span.

With the amount of talent he had around him during his prime and still getting a back to back is why heís in my top 5. #1 skilled.
    yep thats my pick at center for the most skilled.
    Last edited by ldawg; 05-02-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Bird was a vastly better ball handler and vastly better passer to the point where it's a massive gap. Bird also had a better off hand and was a much better rebounder. Bird had a much better post game, footwork, and post moves...and was considerably better off the ball. Bird also had a wider array of shots that he could make. The only one that is close is shooting, but I think Bird likely wins this one as well. I'm actually not sure there is anything that Durant can do better than Bird (at least skill wise).

all time is easy

Kareem, Shaq
    Duncan,Malone
    Lebron, Bird
    MJ, Kobe
    Magic, Curry
    That's too bad that you're not going past the 80s cause Big O and Jerry West were better than Curry and Wilt might be the best player to ever play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    That's too bad that you're not going past the 80s cause Big O and Jerry West were better than Curry and Wilt might be the best player to ever play the game.
    That was way before my time and i would be relying on someone else and the footage i saw not very impressed. To me the numbers will be vastly misleading from that time. I think thats more of a person who dominated their era not necessary the best to play in the league. It could however be the most exciting time in ball depending on ones age a great performance and get emotionally attached but thats a different topic. Wilt dominating the game is a bit different he had a size advantage and dominated so he is on my most dominant list the others no. Even that i question a bit it makes little sense even at his size but including me recite what was heard as it became common knowledge among the basketball world. But when you stop and think about its just not logical. Either the the other teams and players sucked real hard or the game was totally different no 3 point line etc. The game while the basics are the same continue to evolve as well as the players. the better the player get they change rules to take away advantages. On surface it seems like west was better than Curry but in my opinion not. While west and Curry both have a fundamentally sound shot Curry takes from a further distance in many cases well beyond the 3 point line. Thats not saying that west would not be able to do that if he grew up in this era it would then be something he practiced but he did not and the game evolved since the last time he played. Curry ball handle floaters playing against more athletic guys with different rules.
    Last edited by ldawg; 05-03-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast