Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 355

Thread: The Last Dance

  1. #331
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,672
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You are the only person that read that novel


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll admit. I read the 1-9 part then got the jist of it.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?



    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,786
    If Bulls run it back in 99 they have to play the Knicks in round 1. Ewing got hurt in round 3. Sprewell and Houston where on fire that year. They upset the original #1 seed. Bulls then have to rematch Pacers and still have to deal with the Heat. Morning, Hardaway, Mashburn and PJ Brown was a solid team.

    Canít forget Rodman became Rodzilla in WCW. He had multiple appearances for them in 1999.
    1998 finals didnít keep him away from Wrestling. All that partying will catch up to anyone.

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15,471
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    No one was debating that.

    That sig was seven years ago or whatever and used to troll you Kobe fans. I just never cared enough to change it. But that has nothing to do with what I wrote so you can continue on with your life if you have nothing valuable to contribute.
    Sorry kid, Iím not a Kobe fan. Iím a Laker fan..

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,608
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Lebron lost to the Mavs.. There is no debate..
    MJ didn't play long.

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    15,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    MJ didn't play long.
    He played 15 years with 4 season off in the middle. If heíd have never retired (twice) it would have been 19 years. He was playing at 39. Even without the Wizards he played 13 years for the Bulls. If thatís not long what is?

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,427
    i was hoping the last dance would show footage of the game he scored 30 points in the 4th quarter against Denver in 1988(52 points total). i guess that game wasn't filmed, because no footage is online, and it's never talked about. only a bunch of articles, and lists of 30+ points in a quarter scorers
    Last edited by hidalgo; 05-20-2020 at 03:52 AM.

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,958

    The Last Dance

    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Nonsense. First your fellow Boston homers, Bill Simmons and Ryen Russillo both thought it was great. I think their assessment is a lot less influenced by their Boston homerism than yours. There is no reason to think he was forced out other than believing in unsubstantiated conspiracy nonsense. Prove it. The burden is on he making the claim.
    I stopped reading when you brought up Bill Simmons. I never said it was awful. Just underwhelming based off of what they advertised it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    15,615
    Best thing to come out of this one is Reggie Miller saying Jordan told him donít talk ish to black Jesus

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,056
    I'm mildly annoyed that so many people are crying about Jordan being a 'bully'.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  10. #340
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    6,232
    I loved this documentary. I started watching the NBA at the beginning of MJ's third year and have always been a Bulls fan. So, this 10 part series brought back alot of great memories. I think they did a great job recapturing what is was like back then. There is no way you can get everything though.

    One item could have been that stretch before the Bulls were winning championships. I remember when the sports media was talking about who was better, MJ or Magic. This was around the time MJ made the 'shot' against the cavs. Everyone knew about the talent, but Magic had won championships and MJ hadn't. Bird was quoted as saying, he'd take Magic first, then MJ second if picking a team. It wasn't until around title #5 where MJ was being referred to as the GOAT. People would suggest it, but until he had won it all he was still earning a few things.

    Another item missed may have been the hugh hollins phantom call on pippen in 94 when MJ was retired. If that call isn't made the bulls win that series in 6 and move on to face the pacers. Personally, I don't think the bulls win the championship without mj. Horace was gone as well and there was no Rodman. That's tough to win it all with those gaps, but who knows.

    But, overall I loved the documentary. Brought back many great memories and provided some insight into what made MJ tick.

    I have no issues with the way he treated teammates. They won at such a high level, the status quo wasn't going to work. You had to be driven like MJ was to be successful. That was his mentality and I get it. It's not easy to win it all and you may not like how you are treated along the way.

  11. #341
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    I loved this documentary. I started watching the NBA at the beginning of MJ's third year and have always been a Bulls fan. So, this 10 part series brought back alot of great memories. I think they did a great job recapturing what is was like back then. There is no way you can get everything though.

    One item could have been that stretch before the Bulls were winning championships. I remember when the sports media was talking about who was better, MJ or Magic. This was around the time MJ made the 'shot' against the cavs. Everyone knew about the talent, but Magic had won championships and MJ hadn't. Bird was quoted as saying, he'd take Magic first, then MJ second if picking a team. It wasn't until around title #5 where MJ was being referred to as the GOAT. People would suggest it, but until he had won it all he was still earning a few things.

    Another item missed may have been the hugh hollins phantom call on pippen in 94 when MJ was retired. If that call isn't made the bulls win that series in 6 and move on to face the pacers. Personally, I don't think the bulls win the championship without mj. Horace was gone as well and there was no Rodman. That's tough to win it all with those gaps, but who knows.

    But, overall I loved the documentary. Brought back many great memories and provided some insight into what made MJ tick.

    I have no issues with the way he treated teammates. They won at such a high level, the status quo wasn't going to work. You had to be driven like MJ was to be successful. That was his mentality and I get it. It's not easy to win it all and you may not like how you are treated along the way.
    Most people had the Bulls beating the Pacers and reaching the Finals so that in itself is a huge no-no for Michael's legacy. Horace was gone the next year so he was still on that team when they lost to the Knicks.

  12. #342
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,826
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Most people had the Bulls beating the Pacers and reaching the Finals so that in itself is a huge no-no for Michael's legacy. Horace was gone the next year so he was still on that team when they lost to the Knicks.
    You guys love to make **** up. The Bulls were an underdog against the Knicks and definitely would have been underdogs against the Pacers. The game and the series was tied with Scottie fouled Hubert so it didnít decide anything. The Bulls had a good season that year. They got everything they could out of that team and that resulted in a second round exit


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #343
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You guys love to make **** up. The Bulls were an underdog against the Knicks and definitely would have been underdogs against the Pacers. The game and the series was tied with Scottie fouled Hubert so it didnít decide anything. The Bulls had a good season that year. They got everything they could out of that team and that resulted in a second round exit


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just another clown who has no idea what he is talking about but pretends he does.

    1) The game was not tied. Bulls were up 1 with around 7-8 seconds remaining. Pippen gets called for a foul vs Davis - who sinks two free throws putting the Knicks ahead by 1.


    2) Bulls beat the Pacers 4/5 times that season. Most people had them beating the Pacers who were good but not as good as they were in 98.

    Don't be a clown. You must be the fakest Knicks fan alive.
    Last edited by OceanSpray; 05-22-2020 at 01:20 PM.

  14. #344
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    11,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I'm mildly annoyed that so many people are crying about Jordan being a 'bully'.
    why's that? it's true
    or is it that they're crying about it?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  15. #345
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,427
    it's not that bad of a call, Scottie did make contact with Hubert(that alone makes it not a terrible call), and when it happens that fast, plus Davis flops a little and falls down, plus the knicks were at home, it's understandable it got called. the Knicks were the better team, and won fair and square

    the Bulls also had 2 seconds left, but didn't have the most clutch player of all time to hit the shot for them, so they bumbled it away. then had game 7 they could have won, but only scored 77 points. Scottie needed to go for 30-35 points, and take over the game, but he only managed 20 points, on 8-22 FG. he was never a great scorer, and wasn't very clutch.
    Last edited by hidalgo; 05-22-2020 at 10:09 PM.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •