Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 355

Thread: The Last Dance

  1. #316
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,932
    NBA today isn't softer by choice. It's softer because the league penalizes players who are earning $50 million dollars per season. You don't have to be a mathematician to see that equates to over $600k per game. If a player elbows another maliciously, it could be a ten-game suspension = $6 million dollar fine. Those players back then had nothing to lose and that is how they earned their bread and butter. Sorry if those clowns couldn't learn how to play real pure basketball and relied on dirty cheap tactics masqueraded as 'elite defense.'

    What this doc showed is that people have a revisionist history about how good MJ is. He's the GOAT but parading around acting as if he could have taken a bunch of elementary school kids and beaten any NBA team is why some fans are lost in touch with reality.

    Here are the FACTS.

    A) Jordan was 1-9 in the playoffs without Pippen. No second round, no NBA Finals.
    B) Jordan made the NBA playoffs with a record of 30-52. That's a real tough Eastern Conference, alright.
    C) Jordan retires in 93. Bulls win 57 games. Pippen leads the Bulls to 55 wins, one terrible call from the ref in game 5 vs the Knicks that should have pushed the Bulls to the ECF and eventually, NBA Finals as they were favorites to beat the Pacers. Here is where it becomes a double edged sword for Jordan fans. Pippen becomes a top three NBA MVP candidate, top four DPOY candidate, and a top five NBA player. Horace Grant becomes an NBA All-Star and an All-NBA level defender. When MJ's Bulls needed six games to beat the Knicks in 92-93, the MJ-less Bulls realistically should have also beaten the Knicks in six games. So how is it that an MJ-less Bulls team still able to competitively take that SAME Knicks team to the brink? Were the Knicks really that good or was MJ's impact on the team overrated? You tell me.
    D) In their six rings together, Pippen averaged a higher amount of rebounds, steals, blocks, assists, and was a better defender than Jordan for the playoffs. Tell me, what is the narrative if LeBron's teammate beat LeBron in 4/5 of the major statistical categories? ESPN: 'Do the Heat/Cavs/Lakers need LeBron?' would be frontpage. Speaking of Pippen, who was a better defender than Jordan, where does Rodman fall into this? He's only the greatest rebounder and one of the best defenders of all-time, yeah? Imagine this: LeBron plays with two all-time great NBA defenders at the same time and one of them also happens to be the greatest rebounder of all-time as well. How easy would it have been for Bron? And don't forget, Michael had a REAL NBA coach. LeBron, by all accounts and purposes, probably coached himself and the team for his entire career. He took on double-duty. Notice how every single coach he had since they weren't coaching him has not done well for themselves. Ty Lue gets fired and is an assistant coach. Mike Brown is an assistant coach. Erik Spoelstra hasn't really taken his team far since LeBron's departure. David Blatt is somewhere in Israel still crying that he was replaced.
    E) Nike pushed Jordan's stardom. They were desperate to take over the shoe game and apparel industry that they, in association with the NBA, pushed Jordan as high as they could. It worked but it has definitely shaped how both the NBA and Nike are today in terms of over fantasizing about Jordan.
    F) MJ never faced the greatest NBA teams and beat them. That Pistons team he beat fell off the map real quick. They were never the same within a span of one year. That Phoenix Suns team with Barkley and Dan were never a real threat. GP and Shawn Kemp were fantastic players but you can't tell me Shawn Kemp was a better basketball player than Blake Griffin. That Sonics team was good but not a historically great team. The Jazz were basically two players with Hornacek being their next best player. Please don't tell me they are a historic team. Stockton+Malone are the best regular season duo of all-time but with Stockton's limited scoring ability and the team not having much outside of those two, they weren't particularly an imposing team. Clyde Drexler and who else? Fantastic Trailblazers team but again, no serious threat. Did they beat Magic+KAJ? Bird at his prime? No. Meanwhile, LeBron goes up against the jugulars. People talk about MJ's competition. Let's talk about LeBron's Finals competition, yes? KD+Harden+Westbrook+Tim Duncan+Kawhi+Manu+Tony Parker+Stephen Curry+Klay Thompson. LeBron played against a stacked Warriors team four times in the NBA Finals. The Western Conference Finals team during MJ's decade rotated between many teams. Why? Because there wasn't one particular dominant team. There were plenty of very good teams but not a single historically great team.
    G) More NBA fouls and free throws were shot during MJ's career, per average, than during LeBron's career in the NBA. Check the numbers. Well, some of you are clearly going to say, 'but MJ played through the tough and physical era.' Yes, it was tougher and more physical but that doesn't mean better. LeBron is playing against far greater competition. Just take a look at the overwhelming difference in international players today compared to Jordan's time. NBA basketball stretches the entire globe. The best of the best are in the NBA and there are more talented basketball players today than during MJ's time.

    Saying MJ is the GOAT is one thing. Portraying him as some sort of mythical Godlike figure who would have decimated every and anyone is laughable considering this is the same Jordan, who again, 1-9 in the playoffs until Scottie Pippen arrived and became the best tag-team partner of all-time.

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,794
    Lol, Pippen coming off the bench was exactly what Michael Jordan needed to win a Playoff series in 1988.

    What a load of garbage. What a waste of time to read that drivel, and for what? For a Lebronphile to make his case that Jordan wasn't really good?


    Congrats dude, you're saying all the wrong stuff without being on the payroll

  3. #318
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    It would've been a good series. Lockout season and all. Bulls would've had some time to rest. Ewing also tore his Achilles, so we don't know how well the Knicks could have done, though Patrick was pretty old by that point. Bulls could have easily made it a six or seven game series no doubt.
    that season was grueling man. older teams definitely struggled. Knicks got better when Ewing got hurt but he would've been useful against a team like the Spurs and Bulls

  4. #319
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    9,291
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    that's only his take, even though his trainer went along with the idea........if they truly believed that, especially that it was deliberate, it doesn't remain unspoken for over 20 years
    That story, while maybe not common knowledge, was never attempted to be hidden. Many people have known for years the exact same pizza story that was told last night

  5. #320
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Lol, Pippen coming off the bench was exactly what Michael Jordan needed to win a Playoff series in 1988.

    What a load of garbage. What a waste of time to read that drivel, and for what? For a Lebronphile to make his case that Jordan wasn't really good?


    Congrats dude, you're saying all the wrong stuff without being on the payroll
    Yeah, me saying Jordan is the GOAT means I don't think he was that good. Yet another sophisticated response from James Do - I mean, the legendary poster of PSD.

  6. #321
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    The other thing that doesn't sit well with me is how obvious the agenda is to portray Michael in the most positive light possible. It was impossible to watch that and not think MJ had complete control over what made it in and how he was portrayed. I was hoping for something less production-y

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    He is our ďgreat oneĒ


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #322
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15,476
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    NBA today isn't softer by choice. It's softer because the league penalizes players who are earning $50 million dollars per season. You don't have to be a mathematician to see that equates to over $600k per game. If a player elbows another maliciously, it could be a ten-game suspension = $6 million dollar fine. Those players back then had nothing to lose and that is how they earned their bread and butter. Sorry if those clowns couldn't learn how to play real pure basketball and relied on dirty cheap tactics masqueraded as 'elite defense.'

    What this doc showed is that people have a revisionist history about how good MJ is. He's the GOAT but parading around acting as if he could have taken a bunch of elementary school kids and beaten any NBA team is why some fans are lost in touch with reality.

    Here are the FACTS.

    A) Jordan was 1-9 in the playoffs without Pippen. No second round, no NBA Finals.
    B) Jordan made the NBA playoffs with a record of 30-52. That's a real tough Eastern Conference, alright.
    C) Jordan retires in 93. Bulls win 57 games. Pippen leads the Bulls to 55 wins, one terrible call from the ref in game 5 vs the Knicks that should have pushed the Bulls to the ECF and eventually, NBA Finals as they were favorites to beat the Pacers. Here is where it becomes a double edged sword for Jordan fans. Pippen becomes a top three NBA MVP candidate, top four DPOY candidate, and a top five NBA player. Horace Grant becomes an NBA All-Star and an All-NBA level defender. When MJ's Bulls needed six games to beat the Knicks in 92-93, the MJ-less Bulls realistically should have also beaten the Knicks in six games. So how is it that an MJ-less Bulls team still able to competitively take that SAME Knicks team to the brink? Were the Knicks really that good or was MJ's impact on the team overrated? You tell me.
    D) In their six rings together, Pippen averaged a higher amount of rebounds, steals, blocks, assists, and was a better defender than Jordan for the playoffs. Tell me, what is the narrative if LeBron's teammate beat LeBron in 4/5 of the major statistical categories? ESPN: 'Do the Heat/Cavs/Lakers need LeBron?' would be frontpage. Speaking of Pippen, who was a better defender than Jordan, where does Rodman fall into this? He's only the greatest rebounder and one of the best defenders of all-time, yeah? Imagine this: LeBron plays with two all-time great NBA defenders at the same time and one of them also happens to be the greatest rebounder of all-time as well. How easy would it have been for Bron? And don't forget, Michael had a REAL NBA coach. LeBron, by all accounts and purposes, probably coached himself and the team for his entire career. He took on double-duty. Notice how every single coach he had since they weren't coaching him has not done well for themselves. Ty Lue gets fired and is an assistant coach. Mike Brown is an assistant coach. Erik Spoelstra hasn't really taken his team far since LeBron's departure. David Blatt is somewhere in Israel still crying that he was replaced.
    E) Nike pushed Jordan's stardom. They were desperate to take over the shoe game and apparel industry that they, in association with the NBA, pushed Jordan as high as they could. It worked but it has definitely shaped how both the NBA and Nike are today in terms of over fantasizing about Jordan.
    F) MJ never faced the greatest NBA teams and beat them. That Pistons team he beat fell off the map real quick. They were never the same within a span of one year. That Phoenix Suns team with Barkley and Dan were never a real threat. GP and Shawn Kemp were fantastic players but you can't tell me Shawn Kemp was a better basketball player than Blake Griffin. That Sonics team was good but not a historically great team. The Jazz were basically two players with Hornacek being their next best player. Please don't tell me they are a historic team. Stockton+Malone are the best regular season duo of all-time but with Stockton's limited scoring ability and the team not having much outside of those two, they weren't particularly an imposing team. Clyde Drexler and who else? Fantastic Trailblazers team but again, no serious threat. Did they beat Magic+KAJ? Bird at his prime? No. Meanwhile, LeBron goes up against the jugulars. People talk about MJ's competition. Let's talk about LeBron's Finals competition, yes? KD+Harden+Westbrook+Tim Duncan+Kawhi+Manu+Tony Parker+Stephen Curry+Klay Thompson. LeBron played against a stacked Warriors team four times in the NBA Finals. The Western Conference Finals team during MJ's decade rotated between many teams. Why? Because there wasn't one particular dominant team. There were plenty of very good teams but not a single historically great team.
    G) More NBA fouls and free throws were shot during MJ's career, per average, than during LeBron's career in the NBA. Check the numbers. Well, some of you are clearly going to say, 'but MJ played through the tough and physical era.' Yes, it was tougher and more physical but that doesn't mean better. LeBron is playing against far greater competition. Just take a look at the overwhelming difference in international players today compared to Jordan's time. NBA basketball stretches the entire globe. The best of the best are in the NBA and there are more talented basketball players today than during MJ's time.

    Saying MJ is the GOAT is one thing. Portraying him as some sort of mythical Godlike figure who would have decimated every and anyone is laughable considering this is the same Jordan, who again, 1-9 in the playoffs until Scottie Pippen arrived and became the best tag-team partner of all-time.
    ****ing Christ man, what a long winded pile of crap this post is..

  8. #323
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,608
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    ****ing Christ man, what a long winded pile of crap this post is..
    he's making up for lost time and getting in all the hooks and jabs of the debate. feel free to tackle his claims, if u can....

  9. #324
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    he's making up for lost time and getting in all the hooks and jabs of the debate. feel free to tackle his claims, if u can....
    Lebron lost to the Mavs.. There is no debate..

  10. #325
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15,476
    Also, I canít take anyone serious when they have a sig of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh that says earned not given..

  11. #326
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,332
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Lmao!! The Bulls wouldíve beat that Spurs team..
    That's incredibly hard to believe. MJ would have slowly started looking more like WAS MJ year after year. Rodman played 35 games after 98. Pip was barely good after 98.

    That was it.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  12. #327
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,467
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Best doc Ive ever seen. Truly portrays MJ as the GOAT. His competitive spirit is unmatched.

    However, it is also a somber reminder of why I stopped watching the NBA.. When that team broke apart - Plus it's a completely different league now days, a bunch of soft players and super teams.
    The Bulls were a super team with a big three of their own.

  13. #328
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Lebron lost to the Mavs.. There is no debate..
    No one was debating that.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Also, I canít take anyone serious when they have a sig of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh that says earned not given..
    That sig was seven years ago or whatever and used to troll you Kobe fans. I just never cared enough to change it. But that has nothing to do with what I wrote so you can continue on with your life if you have nothing valuable to contribute.

  14. #329
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,689
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    NBA today isn't softer by choice. It's softer because the league penalizes players who are earning $50 million dollars per season. You don't have to be a mathematician to see that equates to over $600k per game. If a player elbows another maliciously, it could be a ten-game suspension = $6 million dollar fine. Those players back then had nothing to lose and that is how they earned their bread and butter. Sorry if those clowns couldn't learn how to play real pure basketball and relied on dirty cheap tactics masqueraded as 'elite defense.'

    What this doc showed is that people have a revisionist history about how good MJ is. He's the GOAT but parading around acting as if he could have taken a bunch of elementary school kids and beaten any NBA team is why some fans are lost in touch with reality.

    Here are the FACTS.

    A) Jordan was 1-9 in the playoffs without Pippen. No second round, no NBA Finals.
    B) Jordan made the NBA playoffs with a record of 30-52. That's a real tough Eastern Conference, alright.
    C) Jordan retires in 93. Bulls win 57 games. Pippen leads the Bulls to 55 wins, one terrible call from the ref in game 5 vs the Knicks that should have pushed the Bulls to the ECF and eventually, NBA Finals as they were favorites to beat the Pacers. Here is where it becomes a double edged sword for Jordan fans. Pippen becomes a top three NBA MVP candidate, top four DPOY candidate, and a top five NBA player. Horace Grant becomes an NBA All-Star and an All-NBA level defender. When MJ's Bulls needed six games to beat the Knicks in 92-93, the MJ-less Bulls realistically should have also beaten the Knicks in six games. So how is it that an MJ-less Bulls team still able to competitively take that SAME Knicks team to the brink? Were the Knicks really that good or was MJ's impact on the team overrated? You tell me.
    D) In their six rings together, Pippen averaged a higher amount of rebounds, steals, blocks, assists, and was a better defender than Jordan for the playoffs. Tell me, what is the narrative if LeBron's teammate beat LeBron in 4/5 of the major statistical categories? ESPN: 'Do the Heat/Cavs/Lakers need LeBron?' would be frontpage. Speaking of Pippen, who was a better defender than Jordan, where does Rodman fall into this? He's only the greatest rebounder and one of the best defenders of all-time, yeah? Imagine this: LeBron plays with two all-time great NBA defenders at the same time and one of them also happens to be the greatest rebounder of all-time as well. How easy would it have been for Bron? And don't forget, Michael had a REAL NBA coach. LeBron, by all accounts and purposes, probably coached himself and the team for his entire career. He took on double-duty. Notice how every single coach he had since they weren't coaching him has not done well for themselves. Ty Lue gets fired and is an assistant coach. Mike Brown is an assistant coach. Erik Spoelstra hasn't really taken his team far since LeBron's departure. David Blatt is somewhere in Israel still crying that he was replaced.
    E) Nike pushed Jordan's stardom. They were desperate to take over the shoe game and apparel industry that they, in association with the NBA, pushed Jordan as high as they could. It worked but it has definitely shaped how both the NBA and Nike are today in terms of over fantasizing about Jordan.
    F) MJ never faced the greatest NBA teams and beat them. That Pistons team he beat fell off the map real quick. They were never the same within a span of one year. That Phoenix Suns team with Barkley and Dan were never a real threat. GP and Shawn Kemp were fantastic players but you can't tell me Shawn Kemp was a better basketball player than Blake Griffin. That Sonics team was good but not a historically great team. The Jazz were basically two players with Hornacek being their next best player. Please don't tell me they are a historic team. Stockton+Malone are the best regular season duo of all-time but with Stockton's limited scoring ability and the team not having much outside of those two, they weren't particularly an imposing team. Clyde Drexler and who else? Fantastic Trailblazers team but again, no serious threat. Did they beat Magic+KAJ? Bird at his prime? No. Meanwhile, LeBron goes up against the jugulars. People talk about MJ's competition. Let's talk about LeBron's Finals competition, yes? KD+Harden+Westbrook+Tim Duncan+Kawhi+Manu+Tony Parker+Stephen Curry+Klay Thompson. LeBron played against a stacked Warriors team four times in the NBA Finals. The Western Conference Finals team during MJ's decade rotated between many teams. Why? Because there wasn't one particular dominant team. There were plenty of very good teams but not a single historically great team.
    G) More NBA fouls and free throws were shot during MJ's career, per average, than during LeBron's career in the NBA. Check the numbers. Well, some of you are clearly going to say, 'but MJ played through the tough and physical era.' Yes, it was tougher and more physical but that doesn't mean better. LeBron is playing against far greater competition. Just take a look at the overwhelming difference in international players today compared to Jordan's time. NBA basketball stretches the entire globe. The best of the best are in the NBA and there are more talented basketball players today than during MJ's time.

    Saying MJ is the GOAT is one thing. Portraying him as some sort of mythical Godlike figure who would have decimated every and anyone is laughable considering this is the same Jordan, who again, 1-9 in the playoffs until Scottie Pippen arrived and became the best tag-team partner of all-time.
    I love how this post wasn't a reply to anyone.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?



    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  15. #330
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,940

    The Last Dance

    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I love how this post wasn't a reply to anyone.
    You are the only person that read that novel


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •