Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Dance

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Well it jumps all over the place but essentially its about their last championship run. That's what it keeps going back to. That and the beef with Kraus. We haven't seen the whole thing but that's the impression Im getting.

Anyways, just curious to know why you're not liking it?
    I dont feel much of a central focus on 1 season so much as using mjs entire career to pad the run time. they need an excuse to max out all that unused footage, maximize profits in a time where people are utterly thirsty for content. I'm expecting YouTube channels to follow suit with their own breakdowns of the breakdown of something that was broken down decades ago

its not a documentary, its clearly an MJ production. I got hyped when I saw him saying people won't like him as much after this but I guarantee there isn't anything in here that he doesn't want. the Kobe episode was the best but even then I felt like it was a cash grab at the expense of sooo many interviews where Kobe isn't so diplomatic towards MJ. a small quibble, maybe that was Kobe's final thought but this is a show that prolly could've been 5 quality episodes. I heard the next episodes really ramp things up .

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I dont feel much of a central focus on 1 season so much as using mjs entire career to pad the run time. they need an excuse to max out all that unused footage, maximize profits in a time where people are utterly thirsty for content. I'm expecting YouTube channels to follow suit with their own breakdowns of the breakdown of something that was broken down decades ago

its not a documentary, its clearly an MJ production. I got hyped when I saw him saying people won't like him as much after this but I guarantee there isn't anything in here that he doesn't want. the Kobe episode was the best but even then I felt like it was a cash grab at the expense of sooo many interviews where Kobe isn't so diplomatic towards MJ. a small quibble, maybe that was Kobe's final thought but this is a show that prolly could've been 5 quality episodes. I heard the next episodes really ramp things up .
    The only actual finals series I watched was the Suns and Bulls. I remember I was going for the Sun's and thinking Barkley didn't have enough help. Aside from that though I was too young to witness much of MJ and really appreciate his game. I guess for some of you guys that know more about those Bulls runs this documentary isn't cutting it. I dunno I think it's dope.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I disagree . I though it was going to be all about that season. It isnít al all. I would perfer they did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe the last few episodes end up that way.

I watched the first few. Seems like the MJ show. Doubt I'll watch any more, not really into reality TV. I only watched this because it's 90s basketball and no sports are on.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I watched the first few. Seems like the MJ show. Doubt I'll watch any more, not really into reality TV. I only watched this because it's 90s basketball and no sports are on.
    It is the MJ show. Horace Grant spoke on it, they cut alot of his lines that were critical of MJ or at least made MJ look mortal. You definitely aint getting the story about the people who stood up to MJ trying to bully them, hell they outright lying even in the media breakdowns of the "documentary".

It better get good fast man. I have a lingering suspicion that once we return to normalcy, or some semblance of it, guys will come out. Skip and Shannon already invited Horace to the studio but they're scared to utter what he told them while this thing is still going on. Im pretty sure all of the media has a mandated muzzle on the subject for now.

It is the MJ show. Horace Grant spoke on it, they cut alot of his lines that were critical of MJ or at least made MJ look mortal. You definitely aint getting the story about the people who stood up to MJ trying to bully them, hell they outright lying even in the media breakdowns of the "documentary".

It better get good fast man. I have a lingering suspicion that once we return to normalcy, or some semblance of it, guys will come out. Skip and Shannon already invited Horace to the studio but they're scared to utter what he told them while this thing is still going on. Im pretty sure all of the media has a mandated muzzle on the subject for now.
    Who cares what Horace Grant has to say? Heís irrelevant.

I mean if you don't like it then simply don't watch not sure what's hard about that.

I think it's ****ing amazing. Am I a Bulls fan? Yes. Did I grow up watching this actually take place? Yes.

Stories of guys standing up to MJ the "bully" aren't really much of a story line seeing as the dude went on to win 6 damn championships. Congrats you told him to **** off and as it has shown most of the guys who challenged him he either made sure during that game they were clapped up or he would see you again next time.

Either way I think this ****ing thing is a masterpiece (homer and all).

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    I mean if you don't like it then simply don't watch not sure what's hard about that.

I think it's ****ing amazing. Am I a Bulls fan? Yes. Did I grow up watching this actually take place? Yes.

Stories of guys standing up to MJ the "bully" aren't really much of a story line seeing as the dude went on to win 6 damn championships. Congrats you told him to **** off and as it has shown most of the guys who challenged him he either made sure during that game they were clapped up or he would see you again next time.

Either way I think this ****ing thing is a masterpiece (homer and all).
    I agree.. This has been a great thing to watch.

Hated those Bulls, loving the documentary, especially since we never really had that media coverage in Europe and we barely had weekly shows that expanded to more than just games, highlights and interviews.

Man, I miss the old rivalries.

Man, MJ was a dick and horrible teammate/person. That's what i have determined so far. What about you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Man, MJ was a dick and horrible teammate/person. That's what i have determined so far. What about you guys?
    Always knew it

A couple examples from my perspective as a former (I really don't follow the NBA but do love Lillard) Blazer fan...who once literally ran into Clyde the Glide Drexler in a Portland mall...classiest pro athlete I've met.

1992 Finals, Bulls beat Blazers in 6 and the Bulls victory parade in Chicago ends with speeches...in which Jordan thanks fans, teammates, coaches....and the Blazers for not drafting him. OK fine, he's talking to Bulls fans, but it's also on national TV.

Now, fast forward a few years, the Bulls have won another championship and after the clinching win Jordan is interviewed by Jack Ramsey, a great coach that happened to be the Blazer coach in 1992, involved in the decision NOT to draft Michael, and also a classy guy. Jack has retired from coaching, the Blazers had lost earlier in the western playoffs so shouldn't have even been a thought in Jordan's mind........yet he once again thanks Jack and the Blazers for not drafting him........dick moves both
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Always knew it

A couple examples from my perspective as a former (I really don't follow the NBA but do love Lillard) Blazer fan...who once literally ran into Clyde the Glide Drexler in a Portland mall...classiest pro athlete I've met.

1992 Finals, Bulls beat Blazers in 6 and the Bulls victory parade in Chicago ends with speeches...in which Jordan thanks fans, teammates, coaches....and the Blazers for not drafting him. OK fine, he's talking to Bulls fans, but it's also on national TV.

Now, fast forward a few years, the Bulls have won another championship and after the clinching win Jordan is interviewed by Jack Ramsey, a great coach that happened to be the Blazer coach in 1992, involved in the decision NOT to draft Michael, and also a classy guy. Jack has retired from coaching, the Blazers had lost earlier in the western playoffs so shouldn't have even been a thought in Jordan's mind........yet he once again thanks Jack and the Blazers for not drafting him........dick moves both
    Because he couldn't get over the fact that they picked Sam freaking Bowie over him.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Who cares what Horace Grant has to say? Heís irrelevant.
    Hes human, therefore not irrelevant. he's also not a bum, dude was a legit difference maker who wouldn't let MJ punk him. Wound up leaving him and being the hero carried by his teammates upon beating MJs team. He also won another ring with out MJ so hes at least worthy of the respect of some random online

Hes human, therefore not irrelevant. he's also not a bum, dude was a legit difference maker who wouldn't let MJ punk him. Wound up leaving him and being the hero carried by his teammates upon beating MJs team. He also won another ring with out MJ so hes at least worthy of the respect of some random online
    black Kurt Rambis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast