Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Dance

Its a good puff piece tho, the last few were pretty cool.

I think that was the last run no matter what tho, Pippen was done as a star level player and MJ was reaching the boiling point for the series vs the Jazz. I shutter to think what Duncan and DRob would've done to them
    Last edited by Chronz; 05-17-2020 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post

I think that was the last run no matter what tho, Pippen was done as a star level player and MJ was reaching the boiling point for the series vs the Jazz. I shutter to think what Duncan and DRob would've done to them
    Lmao!! The Bulls wouldíve beat that Spurs team..

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post

It would've been a good series. Lockout season and all. Bulls would've had some time to rest. Ewing also tore his Achilles, so we don't know how well the Knicks could have done, though Patrick was pretty old by that point. Bulls could have easily made it a six or seven game series no doubt.

Interesting to find out the infamous flu game was really food poisoning.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Itís a Jordan puff piece. Watched it but found it disappointing. Some of the Rodman stories etc were cool but the overall it wasnít as great as advertised. They should just do a separate documentary solely on his first ďretirement.Ē We all know he was forced out of basketball. Iíd watch a couple of hours on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nonsense. First your fellow Boston homers, Bill Simmons and Ryen Russillo both thought it was great. I think their assessment is a lot less influenced by their Boston homerism than yours. There is no reason to think he was forced out other than believing in unsubstantiated conspiracy nonsense. Prove it. The burden is on he making the claim.

I found the whole thing underwhelming. If you actually lived through it it was basically just an 8 hour recap of what you already knew/experienced. Not enough current interviews with Jordan, and not nearly as much behind the scenes locker room as I had hoped.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I found the whole thing underwhelming. If you actually lived through it it was basically just an 8 hour recap of what you already knew/experienced. Not enough current interviews with Jordan, and not nearly as much behind the scenes locker room as I had hoped.

For me, I love the stuff from before and up to the Pistons stuff. I didn't really get introduced to basketball until the late 80's/early 90's. So watching some of those highlights and hearing the guys speak about those times was really intriguing. Isiah comes off as a poor sport for me, I liked seeing that. The whole "that's the way the NBA was" spiel was too funny when they showed the clips of Jordan shaking all of their hands after the two previous ECFs. And Jordan's f-bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    Interesting to find out the infamous flu game was really food poisoning.
    that's only his take, even though his trainer went along with the idea........if they truly believed that, especially that it was deliberate, it doesn't remain unspoken for over 20 years
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    that's only his take, even though his trainer went along with the idea........if they truly believed that, especially that it was deliberate, it doesn't remain unspoken for over 20 years
    You think it's BS?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post

Agreed. I was expecting it to all be about that season. I would have loved to see a couple episodes all about that Pacers series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Best doc Ive ever seen. Truly portrays MJ as the GOAT. His competitive spirit is unmatched.

However, it is also a somber reminder of why I stopped watching the NBA.. When that team broke apart - Plus it's a completely different league now days, a bunch of soft players and super teams.

so Phil Jackson was the reason they didn't come back in 1999. he was offered and declined it. and talked MJ and the rest into it being their last year. that's a shtty thing to do, when you could go for 4 straight. i think he had his eyes on the Lakers, and took one short year of to not make it super obvious. he didn't wanna rebuild, but had no problem rebuilding with Kobe's crappy Lakers teams, and letting kobe score a billion points*yet he always held MJ back from that kinda play). i haven't liked Phil since he joined LA, but like him even less now. i have no doubt in 99 the Bulls would have won it again(and MJ would have still been the best player in 99, and after that probably Shaq and TD in 2000 and on). those Spurs were good, but not on the Bulls level. thanks Phil

it's crazy MJ got 6 titles, and that wasn't even close to his max out. they left 2-3 on the table. so even if some great player someday gets 6, and 6 finals mvps, that still doesn't make them as good as MJ, because he left a few on the table. also to be the man, you gotta beat the man. gotta get 7. also what's all this Lebron is #2 now all of a sudden, how did he leapfrog Kareem, Magic, or Tim Duncan? they've got more titles, and didn't run back and forth hand picking team mates

1. MJ
    2. Kareem
    3. Magic
    4. Tim Duncan
    5. Shaquille
    6. LeBron
    7. Wilt
    8. Bird
    9. Olajuwon
    10. Bryant
    Last edited by hidalgo; 05-18-2020 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Best doc Ive ever seen. Truly portrays MJ as the GOAT. His competitive spirit is unmatched.

However, it is also a somber reminder of why I stopped watching the NBA.. When that team broke apart - Plus it's a completely different league now days, a bunch of soft players and super teams.
    Wow I couldn't put it any better myself very well said and I echo

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post

You will hurt the feelings of those who think that the NBA is better now.

The other thing that doesn't sit well with me is how obvious the agenda is to portray Michael in the most positive light possible. It was impossible to watch that and not think MJ had complete control over what made it in and how he was portrayed. I was hoping for something less production-y

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast