Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

What do you not want your team to do in the draft?

Very simple, what is something (or somethings) that you do not want your team to do in the draft?

I'll start. For the Redskins, trading down from Chase Young is a mistake. We've skirted mediocrity for years and it shows in the roster- we have a lot of good players, but we don't have anyone you could consider great or elite. If you suck, you get rewarded with the chance to get an elite, generational talent. Take that chance.

I also don't want them to draft Tu'a for the above reasons, and I think Haskins showed enough last year to get another season to prove himself. If he regresses, the team will be in the hunt for Trevor Lawrence, so let's not waste the pick this year on a huge question mark.

Think about the future with pick 49. Were one of the lowest draft capital teams. So taking a QB or CB would be a waste. Taking LT of the future would be a waste. Nab a RB or WR of LB.

For my Patriots we need to draft a TE but I just hope we don't take a CB, QB or WR but if we do take a QB...only way I would support it is if we trade up

Just wanted to comment on the OP. I agree, I think if the redskins do anything except take chase young, it'd be a mistake. Chase young could be the best player in this entire draft.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Think about the future with pick 49. Were one of the lowest draft capital teams. So taking a QB or CB would be a waste. Taking LT of the future would be a waste. Nab a RB or WR of LB.
    Seems like your only thinking about the present and not the future.

For the eagles, I'd like to see 2/3 of the first three picks to be WR, CB, LB, or S. I don't think the eagles would take a LB early because they don't value the position much but I would like to see it. The first pick I think needs to be WR and I prefer the eagles trade up to take one of those top 3 WRs (jeudy, lamb, ruggs).

In the scenario that the top 3 WRs are off the board and the eagles pick is coming up, I also would like to see eagles trade back maybe 5-10 picks, add additional picks, and then take best WR on the board whether it's Mims, aiyuk, reagor etc. I personally would not like it this year if the eagles stand pat at #21 and just select whatever is left at WR, that is allowing other teams to decide what the eagles get, I'd rather them go and get their guy at all costs.

Your baby can't do this

I don't really care what direction they go, but I'll be pissed if we stay at #7 and don't get an elite prospect. With 3 QBs and Young likely going top 6 we should have a shot at one of Okuda, Brown, Simmons, or the rare group of 4 talented OT prospects.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I don't really care what direction they go, but I'll be pissed if we stay at #7 and don't get an elite prospect. With 3 QBs and Young likely going top 6 we should have a shot at one of Okuda, Brown, Simmons, or the rare group of 4 talented OT prospects.
    Just as long as you avoid Wirfs. He reminds me a lot of Robert Gallery and typical of a lot of Iowa linemen. I'm biased as a Georgia fan, but Sam Pittman gets his kids ready to play and Andrew Thomas is coming out of a pro-style offense. He should be a difference-maker from Day One.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Just wanted to comment on the OP. I agree, I think if the redskins do anything except take chase young, it'd be a mistake. Chase young could be the best player in this entire draft.
    We've been mediocre for so long we need an elite talent to build around. Everything I've seen from what Rivera and Del Rio want to do indicates staying at that spot, but you know, all of the writers have to get clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Seems like your only thinking about the present and not the future.
    Absolutely we should be. Top 5 defense, 38 y/o QB, top end OL, two good TEs, two good young WRs. We should absolutely prioritize win now with that combo.

Absolutely we should be. Top 5 defense, 38 y/o QB, top end OL, two good TEs, two good young WRs. We should absolutely prioritize win now with that combo.
    I must of misunderstood your original post then.
    You said draft for the future then made the case to draft for need only. It just seemed a little contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I must of misunderstood your original post then.
    You said draft for the future then made the case to draft for need only. It just seemed a little contradictory.
    I had dont in there before think. Not sure what happened.

Don't trade up. Howie can't help himself.

Who do you mean with two good young WRs? JuJu and?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Who do you mean with two good young WRs? JuJu and?
    Diontae Johnson.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast