Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 970 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 4708709209609689699709719729801020 ... LastLast
Results 14,536 to 14,550 of 15737
  1. #14536
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,202
    Look at that, the mandate is working.

    https://news.yahoo.com/deadline-loom...183614094.html

  2. #14537
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,898
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Don’t get it confused. The vast majority of nurses are still the heroes (or however many got vaccinated), there’s just a few bad apples who won’t do what is needed.

    I’d argue you’re the one looking at this through rose colored glasses with your insistence that nothing bad will happen if we just do nothing. By the way, look at how many medical professionals contracted Covid before the vaccine. Even with N-95 masks, when you come into contact with Covid patients all day every day, your risk goes up.


    What do you think is a permanent solution? Because I don’t think not getting vaccines, not wearing masks, not social distancing, etc. is a solution at all, permanent or otherwise.
    Calling nurses who put their life on the line the last year and during the worse of it bad apples is crazy to me. They are all heroes regardless of what you think


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #14538
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Calling nurses who put their life on the line the last year and during the worse of it bad apples is crazy to me. They are all heroes regardless of what you think
    I commend them for what they did, I agree they acted heroically. But now they’re putting their patients at risk unnecessarily.

  4. #14539
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Calling nurses who put their life on the line the last year and during the worse of it bad apples is crazy to me. They are all heroes regardless of what you think


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's no line for you? Every nurse, no matter what, is a hero?

  5. #14540
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,567
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Look at that, the mandate is working.

    https://news.yahoo.com/deadline-loom...183614094.html
    It looks like it got some people to do it, but lot's most of those hold outs didn't.

  6. #14541
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,567
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Don’t get it confused. The vast majority of nurses are still the heroes (or however many got vaccinated), there’s just a few bad apples who won’t do what is needed.

    I’d argue you’re the one looking at this through rose colored glasses with your insistence that nothing bad will happen if we just do nothing. By the way, look at how many medical professionals contracted Covid before the vaccine. Even with N-95 masks, when you come into contact with Covid patients all day every day, your risk goes up.


    What do you think is a permanent solution? Because I don’t think not getting vaccines, not wearing masks, not social distancing, etc. is a solution at all, permanent or otherwise.
    They've been unvax'd this long and we haven't had a catastrophe, probably because Hospitals do a good job staying sterile and providing their workers with N95 masks. I'd say a permanent solution would be to count N.I which considering how many hospital workers got covid last year, would probably count most of the unvax'd, then just make them test for anti-body levels like every six months.


    Wait so someone who worked Tripple shifts and went months without a day off providing care to the dying during a pandemic is now a "bad apple" because you disagree with their personal medical decisions?

    I get disagreeing with their personal decisions, but that doesn't erase the past.
    If your car was dangling off a cliff, and I risked my life to save you, would you first ask if I was vax'd so that you would know if it's appropriate to thank me?
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 09-28-2021 at 07:47 PM.

  7. #14542
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,567
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I commend them for what they did, I agree they acted heroically. But now they’re putting their patients at risk unnecessarily.
    Which patients? The ones wearing who are vax'd, because no they're not. And these nurses are wearing N95 masks, do you not believe in the efficacy of N95 masks?

  8. #14543
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,567
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    There's no line for you? Every nurse, no matter what, is a hero?
    In the Summer of 2020 did the Media, our Govt, or Large Corporations bother to make that distinction? Because they kept telling us over and over again that Front Line workers are hero's.

  9. #14544
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,202
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    In the Summer of 2020 did the Media, our Govt, or Large Corporations bother to make that distinction? Because they kept telling us over and over again that Front Line workers are hero's.
    I, too, am confused when every statement ever made does not come with every possible caveat.


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  10. #14545
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,318
    Whelp Tucker is saying committing a crime is reasonable…


  11. #14546
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,202
    I'm sure he feels the same way about people that get abortions in Texas.


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  12. #14547
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,318
    I think the worst thing about this pandemic beyond all the death is how all these people who claim they are becoming magnetic are really just disgusting ****s who clearly don’t bathe. They stick to them because they’re so disgusting.

  13. #14548
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,202
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It looks like it got some people to do it, but lot's most of those hold outs didn't.
    3000 in a week. What's left now is just over 10% of the workforce, instead of the 8000 they were going to have to replace.


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  14. #14549
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,567
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I, too, am confused when every statement ever made does not come with every possible caveat.
    So then what's wrong with other people calling all nurses hero's now, without putting forward every possible caveat.

  15. #14550
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,567
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    3000 in a week. What's left now is just over 10% of the workforce, instead of the 8000 they were going to have to replace.
    So they had 8,000 but now 3,000 got the vax, so then the majority of the people that haven't been vax'd (BTW this is ONLY NYC) are still unvax'd.
    If my math is correct, this got less than half. NYC still needs to replace 5000 nurses and doctors. You can't use The National Gaurd forever. That's an emergency stopgap.

    BTW this is a country that already is woefully understaffed in Nurses and Doctors. We desperately need more of both.

    Not to get too much into the culture war ****, but considering that we had a national shortage of qualified health care workers BEFORE the pandemic, if I was a red state Gov, I would let all these people laid off know that they can come work in my state no questions asked.

    If you can get talented medical professionals into your state (even if they are making the wrong personal decision regarding Vaccines) you do it.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 09-28-2021 at 09:38 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •