Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 965 of 1153 FirstFirst ... 46586591595596396496596696797510151065 ... LastLast
Results 14,461 to 14,475 of 17282
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Very odd. 40% of them are listed as vaccinated and 25% are listed as unknown vaccination status. How are they coming up with 2/3 being vaccinated?
    It might be partial vax, like if you only have 1 shot, or if you haven't gotten your booster yet. They can't call you unvax'd if you have had one shot of Pfizer.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Weird you weren't concerned about any of this when I told you months ago that further variants could negatively affect the vaccine's efficacy. Sounds like more of an excuse not to get the vaccine.
    I've been vax'd for months dude. I got the J&J.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Mrs. Betty Bowers is a national treasure.
    She's a lot of things, that's not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Youíre right, the only thing we have a chance at getting 100% the way things are going is unvaccinated Floridians dead due to DeSantisí Covid policies
    His Covid policy of Promoting Vaccines since last January?

Fingerbang is bending over backwards to justify his belief that since we canít stop it 100% we shouldnít do anything to mitigate it and if millions more Americans die, oh well.
    There is no country on earth that's at 98% vaccination rate. Were never hitting that, (not without counting N.I.) and not even because of Covid holdouts, there are millions of Americans that can't be vaccinated. And we're already starting to see strains break through the vaccine, this idea of Covid Zero is never going to work.
    Even Australia has given up on this fantasy, and they're a remote Island that lockdown early enough.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I am of the belief that boosters should start with those under the age of 65, not above. The vaccines are to reduce effects and help stop the spread. How many 65+ are in gatherings and large ones at that? Shouldn't the booster start with those that do gather?
    I disagree, the 65+ population is more likely to see the vax where off, and they're more likely to have serious side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Are they part of a hiring hall where they get sent places? I am sure some go where they want to. Is nursing licensing generally by state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like a lot of licensing it depends, a lot of states are in a compact, where if you're licensed in Idaho, you can take that license to Texas or w/e but California or New York won't recognize it because you didn't pass in their board exam.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Scabs donít exist? Idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can't staff hospitals with Scabs. You need to be licensed bro. This isn't a warehouse.

It's still keeping people out of the hospital. Maybe if we had the vaccines before Delta, but that didn't happen, so this is the reality of the situation now. Keeping people out of the hospital is still a win, though.
    Still a win...until it mutates into a variant that doesn't give a **** about the vax at which point we're ****ed.

Do you think medical professionals would say itís better to be cared for by someone with or without the vaccine?
    If you're vaccinated it doesn't make a difference if the barista or doctor or plumber is vaccinated, you are protected. That's what Biden and Fauci told us.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/07/b...ons-delta.html

The headline says it all. Only 12,000 people have been hospitalized or have died with breakthrough infections btw. Meanwhile some states have death rates 75 times or higher for those unvaccinated in comparison to the vaccinated.

Nurses and hospital staff should absolutely be vaccinated.
    That's misleading. 75x could be 75 vs 1 or it could be 750,000 vs 10,000 that's the same proportion but totally different scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    That's not the same thing as years of specialized training and experience working in specific types of Nursing every day.
    Maybe not, but itís still training. Combat medics are very knowledgeable and routinely save lives. They are qualified to step in.

His Covid policy of Promoting Vaccines since last January?
    No, his Covid policy of waging a war against masks, of not doing any mitigation measures. He just made it so parents decide if their Covid positive children need to quarantine. So now a kid can have Covid and their parents can have them go to school and come into contact with all other children, and thanks to his previous rules, neither the school nor that kidís parents are obligated to let the other parents know.

There is no country on earth that's at 98% vaccination rate. Were never hitting that, (not without counting N.I.) and not even because of Covid holdouts, there are millions of Americans that can't be vaccinated. And we're already starting to see strains break through the vaccine, this idea of Covid Zero is never going to work.
    Even Australia has given up on this fantasy, and they're a remote Island that lockdown early enough.
    I agree. But Fingerbang and others want to use that as an excuse to not do anything about it. Even if we never get to 98% vaccinated, vaccines, masks, etc. have saved hundreds of thousands of lives.

Itís not an excuse to do nothing.

If you're vaccinated it doesn't make a difference if the barista or doctor or plumber is vaccinated, you are protected. That's what Biden and Fauci told us.
    And you just said millions canít get such protectionÖ

You canít argue weíll never get everyone protected and then say itís OK if nurses arenít vaccinated because everyone is protected.

I ask you: do you think medical professionals would say itís better for nurses to be vaccinated? Yes or noÖ

Yeah, man. Traveling nurses are "vaccinated workers from out of state."

They meet the requirement to get the job - being vaccinated - that someone else doesn't. Welcome to the world.
    Do they have the proper licencing and credentials for NY specifically? Just being a "vax'd traveling nurse" doesn't mean you have passed a states specific credentialling.

And you just said millions canít get such protectionÖ

You canít argue weíll never get everyone protected and then say itís OK if nurses arenít vaccinated because everyone is protected.

I ask you: do you think medical professionals would say itís better for nurses to be vaccinated? Yes or noÖ
    That's millions spread out over the whole country. Not at one hospital. And considering that in medical facilities they wear the highly effective N95 masks, not the ****** cloth masks that don't do much,
    Clearly, a lot of former medical professionals are saying it doesn't matter, that's why the governor fired them.

Let's say one of this fired nurse goes and gets vax'd now, is it ok if she doesn't come back to work?
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 09-28-2021 at 11:38 AM.