Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 895 of 1474 FirstFirst ... 3957958458858938948958968979059459951395 ... LastLast
Results 13,411 to 13,425 of 22096
  1. #13411
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,133
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    So itís 650,000 then?

    650,000 lives lost and we can morally take away freedoms.

    What other causes of death have taken 650,000 (that number is inflated cause we know excess mortality is not that high) lives in the last year and half?
    I don't know what freedom we are taking away, you still have the freedom to not get the vaccine.

    But yes, 650,000 dead Americans should trigger a small sacrifice (which getting the vaccine is) for the health and safety of the nation. If China invaded and 650,000 Americans were dead in the fighting and the US prohibited people from buying certain metals because they were needed for the war effort (as was done in WWII) would you say no because it takes away your freedom?

    Actually the number is 657,000 as of today, but no surprise you're also a science denier when it comes to how many have died from covid. Lord knows what you think the number is, but chances are it's still very high.

    As for what has killed as many people as covid in the last year and a half? Literally only heart disease and cancer. Covid has killed more people than alcohol, guns, suicide, you name it. By a lot.

    In fact, when it gets to 675,000 (which unfortunately it will) it will have killed more Americans than even the Civil War (not by % of Americans but by overall number dead), which was previously the most American deaths from any specific event in history.


    This is one of the biggest killers of Americans ever, so I think this whole attitude of "but having to get a vaccine could lead to something bad" is just absurd. Something bad is happening right now, and you're saying we shouldn't do what is necessary to stop it because of some hypothetical bad that may happen by doing so.

  2. #13412
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    45,304
    And now another court has sided with a hospital over not giving ivermectin.

    https://www.audacy.com/wbbm780/news/...ivermectin-use

  3. #13413
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,133
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    And now another court has sided with a hospital over not giving ivermectin.

    https://www.audacy.com/wbbm780/news/...ivermectin-use
    Itís funny they are so up in arms over being forced to get a vaccine while simultaneously demanding doctors be forced to give them invermectin

  4. #13414
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,324
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    So itís 650,000 then?

    650,000 lives lost and we can morally take away freedoms.

    What other causes of death have taken 650,000 (that number is inflated cause we know excess mortality is not that high) lives in the last year and half?
    Look, you obviously get confused when it comes to working with numbers (for example, itís hard to fathom how 100,000 people die every year in this country as a result of DUI when the total number of vehicle deaths has never once exceeded 55,000 in any given year ó see link below).

    So, as far as I am concerned, your assessment based off the numbers here is (at best) suspect.

    Add to it, as I have posted numerous times in this thread, IMHE studies of raw numbers of excess mortality in the US over the past few years suggests that Covid-related deaths are most likely 60 to 70% higher than reported. https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ths-study.html

    As for your freedoms, I trust you stop your vehicle at red lights, despite the obvious curtailing of your beloved freedoms that is involved.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_...n_U.S._by_year

  5. #13415
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    41,397
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Just heard a report that over 100,000 people each year die of DUI related incidents.


    We should outlaw alcohol. And if you disagree, then you donít care about the people who are killed each year. You should be willing to give up your right to drink so that they may live.


    See how that works? What would be the fallacy to this argument?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    700k-1.4M die a year from HIV, outlaw sex and blood.

  6. #13416
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    41,397
    Australia apparently realized they were going too far with some of their covid protections and are backing off on some.

    I heard on the radio that the American Association of Pediatricians said that Delta was not more deadly to children but was considerably more virulent, but I haven't found corroboration on that.

  7. #13417
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    700k-1.4M die a year from HIV, outlaw sex and blood.
    How many die of HIV in the US every year?

  8. #13418
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    8,574
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    How many die of HIV in the US every year?
    With current treatments available and in general use, not a whole lot. Covid will be in this category soon (or at least that is the hope). It is predicted to be an endemic disease, similar to influenza A & B and other viral diseases.

  9. #13419
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,324
    Interesting that the 7-day running average of deaths in the US stands at 1450 per day. Compare that to the height of the pandemic in February 2021, when the 7-day running average topped out at just over 3300 per day.

    But keep in mind that back then, very few persons were vaccinated, whereas today 52% of Americans are fully vaccinated, including 82% of the highly-vulnerable, over-65 population.

    What that boils down to, in light of the fact that very few of the fully vaccinated suffer death nowadays, is that for the unvaccinated, this plague is as just about virulent and as deadly (if not more so) as it ever has been in this country.

  10. #13420
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    109,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Interesting that the 7-day running average of deaths in the US stands at 1450 per day. Compare that to the height of the pandemic in February 2021, when the 7-day running average topped out at just over 3300 per day.

    But keep in mind that back then, very few persons were vaccinated, whereas today 52% of Americans are fully vaccinated, including 82% of the highly-vulnerable, over-65 population.

    What that boils down to, in light of the fact that very few of the fully vaccinated suffer death nowadays, is that for the unvaccinated, this plague is as just about virulent and as deadly (if not more so) as it ever has been in this country.
    Specially among those vocal right wing talk show hosts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #13421
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    45,874
    You keep showing them DeSantis. **** masks mandates for kids in school. Btw, who didn't know this was going to happen?


  12. #13422
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    8,005
    Interesting piece from the Atlantic of all places on Masks and Schools.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...wnside/619952/

  13. #13423
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    45,304
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Interesting piece from the Atlantic of all places on Masks and Schools.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...wnside/619952/
    I wonder what the educational cost of children's hospitals filling up with sick kids is.


    "I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.Ē" - @SarahLongwell25

  14. #13424
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    109,621
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You keep showing them DeSantis. **** masks mandates for kids in school. Btw, who didn't know this was going to happen?

    DeSantis did not.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #13425
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,051

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •