Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 893 of 1071 FirstFirst ... 393793843883891892893894895903943993 ... LastLast
Results 13,381 to 13,395 of 16051
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I agree that the polaraization is intensifying, but I disagree with your assessment of causality (liberals causing conservatives to push back). It is simply not that cut-and-dried.

Sure, this devisiveness could well be characterized as a chicken/egg thing, but to pin it on the issue of school vaccinations and masks ignores the just about everything that has happened in this country since, say, 1964.
    I hated the loss of silver coins too.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It's one of the reasons that I felt people should be fine voting for Bernie in the primary. He was never my pick but they are going to attack whoever the Democrats nominate as a far left liberal anyways, so if they want to vote for Bernie there's no reason not to. I believe I said at the time that they could nominate Ronald Reagan or Trump himself and if they ran as a Democrat, that's what they would be called.
    Reagan and Trump both spent time as registered Democrats ... it would be an easy sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Reagan and Trump both spent time as registered Democrats ... it would be an easy sell.
    I feel like youíre missing the point. I donít know if itís intentional or not.

It literally doesnít matter who the Democrats nominated. The second they got the nomination they would be branded as far left liberals by the right. If Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity or Alex Jones won the nomination, they would be branded the same.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It's Liberal's fault conservatives do bad things!
    No no noÖ itís this guys fault 100%.

But Biden isnít representative of where the party is at or going. Plus, the only reason Biden looks remotely moderate is because the Overton window has shifted so far to the left. There are studies out there about this and few people disagree. The Democrats of 1990ís look a lot like Republicans of the 2020ís.

When the right push too far right, itís naturally for the left to push back right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    No no noÖ itís this guys fault 100%.

But Biden isnít representative of where the party is at or going. Plus, the only reason Biden looks remotely moderate is because the Overton window has shifted so far to the left. There are studies out there about this and few people disagree. The Democrats of 1990ís look a lot like Republicans of the 2020ís.

When the right push too far right, itís naturally for the left to push back right?
    The country as a whole is shifting left. Gay marriage, Marijuana legalization, universal healthcare. These are all things that had little support on the 90ís and are now enjoy majority (or sizeable) support.

The US is (still) more conservative to most of the rest of the world, so weíre actually still considered conservative (even with how liberal you think weíve become).

But also to your point, the Republicans of the 90ís arenít nearly as conservative as todayís Republicans, so it seems both sides are polarizing.

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

The country as a whole is shifting left. Gay marriage, Marijuana legalization, universal healthcare. These are all things that had little support on the 90ís and are now enjoy majority (or sizeable) support.

The US is (still) more conservative to most of the rest of the world, so weíre actually still considered conservative (even with how liberal you think weíve become).

But also to your point, the Republicans of the 90ís arenít nearly as conservative as todayís Republicans, so it seems both sides are polarizing.
    Yes thatís exactly what Iím saying.

And the pushback is to be expected. But it is also true that some are seemingly calling for violence. Thatís too far right. That is polarizing but the vast majority of conservatives arenít doing that. Therefore the Overton window of moderation is shifting left. What was once considered far left is now maybe only left of center.

So the question isÖ how far left are you willing to go?

Last edited by The20thK; 08-31-2021 at 02:52 PM.
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

It amazes me the animosity and hatred among some of these "Christians". Like they literally endorse violence against anything that is too left for their liking..

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It amazes me the animosity and hatred among some of these "Christians". Like they literally endorse violence against anything that is too left for their liking..

"Christian" is about the only way to do it.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

The US is (still) more conservative to most of the rest of the world, so weíre actually still considered conservative (even with how liberal you think weíve become). .
    I think you need to dig this a little deeper.

Yes, America has been moving left on certain issues, mostly social ones as you mention, but it remains quite steadfast to the right on economic issues, taxation, and election reform (read: money).

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    "Christian" is about the only way to do it.
    But would you say this is the Christian way?

I love a good No True Scotsman.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I think you need to dig this a little deeper.

Yes, America has been moving left on certain issues, mostly social ones as you mention, but it remains quite steadfast to the right on economic issues, taxation, and election reform (read: money).
    Good points