Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 843 of 1071 FirstFirst ... 343743793833841842843844845853893943 ... LastLast
Results 12,631 to 12,645 of 16053
  1. #12631
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,376
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    I responded to several points and you ignored mine before and after.
    Now you want to whine that I didn't address every last point of yours.
    The double standards are out of control.


    Here is a response:

    Masks do make breathing more difficult in children as well as adults, even if not all research can be extrapolated to children.
    Use a bit of common sense.
    No, I didn't. Feel free to take any of the links I just gave you to see me replying to point after inane point.

    Now I want to correctly point out that you were shown to be wrong, and instead of acknowledging that you went right back to trying to insult me and running away. You know, like you're doing now.

    Except "masks make breathing more difficult in children as well as adults" was never your original claim, was it? That's not a response, it's moving the goalposts.


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  2. #12632
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Has anyone died simply from wearing a mask?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Their freedom has died, and isn't that worse?


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  3. #12633
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    25,313
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    No, I didn't. Feel free to take any of the links I just gave you to see me replying to point after inane point.

    Now I want to correctly point out that you were shown to be wrong, and instead of acknowledging that you went right back to trying to insult me and running away. You know, like you're doing now.

    Except "masks make breathing more difficult in children as well as adults" was never your original claim, was it? That's not a response, it's moving the goalposts.
    What was I shown to be wrong about? be specific.

    You accuse me of running away yet here I am while YOU refuse to honestly address my points.

    Did I claim all studies and treatments necessarily apply to children as well?
    No I did not.

    I asked you a question if you thought "studies and examples of increased difficulty breathing can reasonably apply to children?"

    Some of them certainly can be reasonably applied.
    There is no good reason to assume kids magically aren't effected by the known qualities of masks and mouth coverings.

    Do not misrepresent my points.

    Yes masks making breathing more difficult and uncomfortable for children is in fact part of my previous position.
    They are some of the reasons why forcing kids to wear masks is a policy I disagree with.

    The main reason is I support the liberty and autonomy of families to decide for themselves instead of forcing masks on children.

  4. #12634
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,763
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    Yes I called socialism evil.
    As I said I stand by that and have already expanded on that.
    A terrible anti-liberty ideology responsible for mass death, poverty and starvation.
    You didn't really though, what you did is say it was evil and do something like the above via association. Socialism is a philosophy, it isn't responsible for the things you claim. Unless capitalism is also responsible for mass death, poverty, and starvation and is evil too using this logic as others pointed out at the time. You using association to a bad individual etc. is not actually giving a specific reason why socialism is evil.

    Try again and actually give a legitimate answer/reason this time, unless you simply can't back it up and were just trying attack something different than what you believe in. Why is socialism evil?



    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    Do you have a problem with me admitting some of the things he said were correct?

    I disputed some of his points and agreed with some other ones.



    I dont care what you 'think'.
    Point out a lie.

    What belief didn't hold up. Be specific.
    For starters (as has already been pointed out by another poster today), you started out in this thread sharing

    "The scientific evidence in total also suggests masks (surgical and cloth masks) as currently used are ineffective in reducing transmission"

    There has been plenty of responses showing this to be false and you played games the entire time trying to defend your original stances anyways.


    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    Calling it a dumb game is not an argument.
    I did not say you support fascism for 'calling me out'.
    I am referring to support of specific fascist policies.
    Its entirely valid to call out fascism even if you think its 'extreme' to call it that.
    Calling something extreme is not an argument.
    What specific policies? I didn't even say anything about a specific policy I believe in I called out you ignoring legitimate information while sharing bad information. I called out you playing these extreme games.

    That's the thing, you have no issues "attacking" others for no reason at all and assuming their stances. Despite whining non stop if someone dare do the exact same thing you keep doing on repeat back at you.


    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    You could start by making an actual point or asking a question instead of paragraph after paragraph personally attacking me and falsely claiming im dishonest because you don't like what I have said.

    I have made multiple points, the issue is you won't actually respond to what I am saying. it's hilarious you are whining about personally attacking you given what you have been posting towards others. Feel free to report the specific post and the moderators will look over it if you want.

  5. #12635
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,095
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    What was I shown to be wrong about? be specific.
    In your original post you quoted your source as saying “the scientific evidence shows masks (both cloth and surgical) as used currently are ineffective in reducing transmission”

    Do you stand by that?

  6. #12636
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    25,313
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    You didn't really though, what you did is say it was evil and do something like the above via association. Socialism is a philosophy, it isn't responsible for the things you claim. Unless capitalism is also responsible for mass death, poverty, and starvation and is evil too using this logic as others pointed out at the time. You using association to a bad individual etc. is not actually giving a specific reason why socialism is evil.

    Try again and actually give a legitimate answer/reason this time, unless you simply can't back it up and were just trying attack something different than what you believe in. Why is socialism evil?
    I did.
    I actually explained it in the Joe Biden thread so maybe you missed it.

    I explicitly addressed that claim and explained why socialism is inherently bad and not akin to capitalism.

    For starters (as has already been pointed out by another poster today), you started out in this thread sharing

    "The scientific evidence in total also suggests masks (surgical and cloth masks) as currently used are ineffective in reducing transmission"

    There has been plenty of responses showing this to be false and you played games the entire time trying to defend your original stances anyways.
    Good we are at least addressing a point.

    Its not false. Random masks, especially as they are currently used, are not very effective at reducing transmission, particularly relative to N-95 masks.

    Many agency guys and studies have said as much.
    Other people in here readily admit they are not as effective.

    Recently a Biden advisor said it on CNN:
    '"We know today that many of the face cloth coverings that people wear are not very effective in reducing any of the virus movement in or out," Osterholm, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, said.'

    What specific policies? I didn't even say anything about a specific policy I believe in I called out you ignoring legitimate information while sharing bad information. I called out you playing these extreme games.

    That's the thing, you have no issues "attacking" others for no reason at all and assuming their stances. Despite whining non stop if someone dare do the exact same thing you keep doing on repeat back at you.
    Vaccine mandates and government bans on the unvaccinated.
    The discussion originally started with dbronc lamenting that Americans weren't banned from everyday life if they don't get the vaccine.

    You can call it extreme to sharply criticize that policy but it doesn't make it wrong.
    I am not attacking others for 'no reason at all' nor have I initiated the disrespect.
    A few leftists have been incredibly disrespectful because I disagree with them and I responded in kind.


    I do wish it was kept more civil and focused on the issues. Thats one of my biggest complaints.
    I felt they were being illegitimately dismissive and misrepresenting what I said instead of addressing my points.
    I admit I could have handled it better.

    I have made multiple points, the issue is you won't actually respond to what I am saying. it's hilarious you are whining about personally attacking you given what you have been posting towards others. Feel free to report the specific post and the moderators will look over it if you want.
    I don't need the moderators to look over posts here.
    Some of the mods are the ones initiating disrespect against me and have given free passes to overtly racist political attacks in another subforum.
    Last edited by cambovenzi; 08-12-2021 at 03:07 PM.

  7. #12637
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,009
    You want to play that game?

    “Not very effective” is different from “ineffective.”

    Just sayin’.

  8. #12638
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,508
    Calling socialism evil is hilarious. You don't really know what it is or at the very least you pretend you don't because you just call anything that a Democrat supports as socialism. The closest thing we have to socialism in this country is the most popular government program in the country's history: Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. And really Medicare and Medicaid aren't socialism. They are government funding (through one's tax dollars) of health care that is provided almost exclusively by the private market.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  9. #12639
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,095
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    Good we are at least addressing a point.

    Its not false. Random masks, especially as they are currently used, are not very effective at reducing transmission, particularly relative to N-95 masks.

    Many agency guys and studies have said as much.
    Other people in here readily admit they are not as effective.

    Recently a Biden advisor said it on CNN:
    '"We know today that many of the face cloth coverings that people wear are not very effective in reducing any of the virus movement in or out," Osterholm, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, said.'.
    Yes it is. The entire claim is that both cloth and surgical masks are ineffective at reducing transmission.


    You then post evidence that cloth masks specifically are not as effective. So are you acknowledging the part about surgical masks is incorrect and that the characterization of both as ineffective as opposed to "not as effective" was also incorrect?


    To reiterate, the claim that masks do not reduce the spread of transmission is incorrect. Here are 49 studies that all support the notion that masks work in reducing transmission:

    https://pix11.com/news/coronavirus/d...n-why-they-do/

  10. #12640
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,158
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yes it is. The entire claim is that both cloth and surgical masks are ineffective at reducing transmission.


    You then post evidence that cloth masks specifically are not as effective. So are you acknowledging the part about surgical masks is incorrect and that the characterization of both as ineffective as opposed to "not as effective" was also incorrect?


    To reiterate, the claim that masks do not reduce the spread of transmission is incorrect. Here are 49 studies that all support the notion that masks work in reducing transmission:

    https://pix11.com/news/coronavirus/d...n-why-they-do/
    He's all over the place. It goes from random masks, to masks, to cloth masks over n-95, to n95 not being effective. Its all this thinly veiled ridiculousness because he doesn't like that it could potentially intrude on the freedom of children.

    Masks>>>no masks. Better than his alternative of sending kids to schools without them. Its the type of mental gymnastics that would make Olympians proud. Repeating the same studies after a while get tiring. That masks prevent in the spread of the coronavirus, the previous variants and this Delta variant.

    And that's why kids should be going to school in the next week or two with them on.

  11. #12641
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    25,313
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Calling socialism evil is hilarious. You don't really know what it is or at the very least you pretend you don't because you just call anything that a Democrat supports as socialism. The closest thing we have to socialism in this country is the most popular government program in the country's history: Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. And really Medicare and Medicaid aren't socialism. They are government funding (through one's tax dollars) of health care that is provided almost exclusively by the private market.
    Thats a false assumption and unfounded attack on me because you want to dismiss what I say instead of even considering the possibility that I might be correct. Very poor form.

    I assure you I am well read on the subject and am not whatever caricature you want to pretend I am.

    This is what I was talking about, @mngopher.

  12. #12642
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,376
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    I am not attacking others for 'no reason at all' nor have I initiated the disrespect.
    A few leftists have been incredibly disrespectful because I disagree with them and I responded in kind.
    No?

    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    That is not an argument.
    Its anti-intellectual activism.

    I'm overwhelmed by the respect.


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  13. #12643
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    You want to play that game?

    “Not very effective” is different from “ineffective.”

    Just sayin’.
    I pointed this out a few pages back. He took it as some kind of victory.

    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    Congrats on ceding the point that the random masks being mandated aren't nearly as effective.
    Just another fact that supports my point that school mask mandates aren't necessary, particularly effective or good.

    Its ironic you choose to make up a strawman in the midst of accusing me of being intellectually dishonest.


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  14. #12644
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,095
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    Thats a false assumption and unfounded attack on me because you want to dismiss what I say instead of even considering the possibility that I might be correct. Very poor form.

    I assure you I am well read on the subject and am not whatever caricature you want to pretend I am.

    This is what I was talking about, @mngopher.
    What have you read on the subject of socialism?

  15. #12645
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,508
    Masks save lives. That's the tweet.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •