Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 829 of 1473 FirstFirst ... 3297297798198278288298308318398799291329 ... LastLast
Results 12,421 to 12,435 of 22091
  1. #12421
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    8,525
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    And this, everyone, is why you don't try to give "advice" for kids you don't know in situations you don't know. Because:

    1.
    2. Obviously. But my concern is that, one, elementary school children don't exactly have the best awareness when it comes to their masks being on properly, and two, I guess I'm just one of those *******s that don't like to see children needlessly getting sick. I know, it's crazy.
    3. We did virtual for most of last year. It's not even an option this year, so far. It's weird that you don't know that, as informed as you otherwise are.
    4. I'm glad to hear you're so pro-immigration! It is, unfortunately, not an option for me right now, or else I would. Feels like I've said that you before. Weird.


    It's adorable that you think I've not been doing this. I was curious, so I looked it up just now. My first contact with the superintendent was March 14, 2020. You'll note that I said first. I've attended board meetings on Zoom (there's a virus going around, see, and you can't be too careful), I've even been in contact with my Rep, guy named Blaine Luetkemeyer who I've never voted for. His office is very nice when they get back to you a couple weeks later. I've lost count of the number of times I've been told the school district is "following the guidelines from the county Department of Health," a group that, apparently, knows more than the CDC. How they've accomplished this, they don't seem to want to say. I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that it's mostly just a way for them to pass off any responsibility when pressed on the issue while still getting to keep the lunatic GQPers that populate this county happy.

    I knew this would be tedious.
    I sincerely hope that you are not as arrogant and condescending in your correspondence with authorities as you are here. If you are, you are doing everyone a disservice as you will alienate them and they will not listen to anything reasonable.
    You are absolutely correct. You are making everything very, very tedious.

  2. #12422
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    8,525
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    It sounded like you're suggesting that his post was incorrect. I'm just asking you to clarify.

    Because surely you aren't going to argue that Florida isn't struggling way more with Covid right now than New York? Because that's all he's saying in that post. And the stats don't look incorrect either. I'm also seeing +239 deaths yesterday. Nothing he said is controversial right now. At all. Regardless of whether he's going to the exact same site as you.
    I'm just quoting the data from yesterday on the JHU site.

  3. #12423
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,062
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Have you looked at the case/fatality rates in Florida and Texas as opposed to California and New York?
    They are quite comparable with New York having the worst rate of the 4 states.
    https://www.arcgis.com/apps/dashboar...23467b48e9ecf6
    You are looking at totals throughout all of Covid, which is disingenuous at best when discussing Florida and Texas right now as their current cases are far, far higher than either New York’s or California’s.

    But beyond that, we’ve been over this. New York’s are insanely high because they were the original epicenter of the outbreak, after that point their numbers have consistently been lower, and California’s are comparable in that California is literally lower on everything, and that holds true even accounting for factors like age, poverty, proximity, etc. where California has more risk factors that contribute to Covid spread than either Florida or Texas.

    No one who knows anything about the data can come away thinking Florida or Texas handled Covid as well as California, and no one with a brain can think they’re doing better right now at handling Covid.

  4. #12424
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    8,525
    Texas and Florida have rates higher than New York and California as of today:
    Texas is just over 11%, Florida is almost 13%, while New York is just over 11% and California is just over 10%.
    How much of the surge in Texas is due to the influx of thousands of untested, unvaccinated immigrants?

  5. #12425
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    45,784
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Texas and Florida have rates higher than New York and California as of today:
    Texas is just over 11%, Florida is almost 13%, while New York is just over 11% and California is just over 10%.
    How much of the surge in Texas is due to the influx of thousands of untested, unvaccinated immigrants?
    I am talking about now. We know NY and California peaked earlier. The issue is Florida is peaking now and this is months after the vaccine was introduced. As for migrants bringing in the virus, its all speculation. Its certainly exists but the vast majority of people spreading the virus are unvaccinated Americans.

  6. #12426
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    45,240
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I sincerely hope that you are not as arrogant and condescending in your correspondence with authorities as you are here. If you are, you are doing everyone a disservice as you will alienate them and they will not listen to anything reasonable.
    You are absolutely correct. You are making everything very, very tedious.
    Randomly replying to things twice now?

  7. #12427
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    8,525
    I understand, but the rates are updated daily on the JHU site.
    All immigrants should be tested, quarantined and vaccinated prior to being allowed into general society. We currently do not do that.

  8. #12428
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,062
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I understand, but the rates are updated daily on the JHU site.
    All immigrants should be tested, quarantined and vaccinated prior to being allowed into general society. We currently do not do that.
    I agree with this. And while they are certainly a factor in the covid cases there, the fact that every state that has low vaccination rates, including those not experiencing an influx of immigrants, is experiencing more cases than their brethren who are, it strongly suggests that immigrants are not the primary driver of the new cases.

  9. #12429
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    45,784
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I understand, but the rates are updated daily on the JHU site.
    All immigrants should be tested, quarantined and vaccinated prior to being allowed into general society. We currently do not do that.
    I don't see any reason for Google to gather these statistics and lie about them. I'm interested in current numbers because I was in NYC when the pandemic was at its peak. I had friends who worked in Elmhurst hospital where they piling up so many bodies at one point, they had to bring in 18 wheelers to store them.

    Florida is doing a ****** job and DeSantis is furthering the problem by not issuing a mask mandate and not putting forth incentive measures to get people vaccinated. Clearly much of his state is resistant to getting the vaccine and that's a problem.

    I made your point about migrants in this thread or another thread btw.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-10-2021 at 02:19 PM.

  10. #12430
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    45,784
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-marjo...150739663.html

    Didn't dbroncs ask for a government official who was spreading misinformation about the vaccine? Just suspend this dumb *******'s account permanently.

  11. #12431
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    8,525
    She certainly is not doing anyone any actual good.
    Delta variant is filling up ICUs that have not been busy since last winter.

  12. #12432
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    45,784
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    She certainly is not doing anyone any actual good.
    Delta variant is filling up ICUs that have not been busy since last winter.
    Arkansas just set a record for hospitalizations as well. I mean everything is pointing to the same conclusion. Get vaccinated, wear masks.

  13. #12433
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    8,525
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Arkansas just set a record for hospitalizations as well. I mean everything is pointing to the same conclusion. Get vaccinated, wear masks.
    Stay out of crowds and stay home as much as possible.

  14. #12434
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    45,240
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Arkansas just set a record for hospitalizations as well. I mean everything is pointing to the same conclusion. Get vaccinated, wear masks.
    It's probably just all of those immigrants crossing into Arkansas.

  15. #12435
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,818
    children that don't wear masks are murderers, apparently.

    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/okl...s-masks-murder
    Kids could 'commit murder' by not wearing masks in school, Oklahoma school board member says
    A local school board member in Oklahoma said Monday that she's worried small children might "murder" each other by spreading the coronavirus without wearing masks.

    "It's just not OK for kids to commit murder by coming to school without a mask," said Norman Public Schools board member Linda Sexton.

    "And when it comes down to it, it's possible. They will cause a death of another child because they come to school without a mask. That's not OK."


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •