Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 812 of 1051 FirstFirst ... 312712762802810811812813814822862912 ... LastLast
Results 12,166 to 12,180 of 15762
    As I said, lets see how things go with Biden's cognitive abilities for the next few years. If he declines, the country suffers and my assessment is correct. If he does not decline, I am wrong and the country will be better off.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    As I said, lets see how things go with Biden's cognitive abilities for the next few years. If he declines, the country suffers and my assessment is correct. If he does not decline, I am wrong and the country will be better off.
    Or...and hear me out...we don't do that. Again not a solitary soul has requested your opinion on Biden's mental state. You've admitted you aren't qualified to give such a determination.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I am qualified to give an opinion on the signs and symptoms. I cannot and have not diagnose any disease.
    If you wish for me to hear you out, the least you can do is to try to keep up on the "discussion".

I am qualified to give an opinion on the signs and symptoms. I cannot and have not diagnose any disease.
    If you wish for me to hear you out, the least you can do is to try to keep up on the "discussion".
    I don't need you to hear me out.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So long as we’re discussing the bias and reputability of sources, this is an interesting article from conservative and former founder of a conservative news site about the problem with conservative media:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...231043680.html

Essentially the problem is their principles are to push a conservative viewpoint, and to report facts and the news second.

Some of his more poignant quotes:

“If you go to and look at the history of conservative media enterprises that are large scale and exist presently, every single one of them was created to propagate and propagandize for a particular political viewpoint, literally without exception, and that is not the case for just so many mainstream outlets.”

“US conservatives do not understand the purpose of journalism. I didn’t understand that journalism is supposed to portray reality”

“Truth for conservatives is anything that harms ‘the left’. It doesn’t even have to be a fact. I eventually realized that most people who run right-dominated media outlets see it as their DUTY to be unfair and to favor Republicans because doing so would somehow counteract perceived liberal bias”

“Most media figures have no journalism training or desire to fact-check their own side”

The article continues:

The Examiner was the first place where Sheffield says he saw the kind of standards that differentiate “actual media and reporting institutions” - which may have inherent or even conscious bias - from right wing websites for which partisan bias is the North Star, the guiding principle.

The problem, as he describes it, is that most conservatives think the purpose of journalism is to wage partisan political warfare, and that has created an eco-system on the right where facts and truth are increasingly irrelevant.

And again, this is coming from a conservative who started a news website.
    I think this has been very obvious for a while now. Many of us have pointed out how often times thread to thread you are just getting the same old talking points that seemingly ignore reality (I call it fox news often but it's just this general idea).

This is why no one takes those coming in to "both sides" seriously when they have nothing else related to the context. It's often just a team game, facts/reality no longer matters. Anything to bash the other team even if it often means ignoring context/what is being discussed. It all boils down to this type of agenda and not really caring about reality so long as you attack the other side.

Then stop asking me to Broncos.

Then stop asking me to Broncos.
    I have yet to ask you a first time. So I'm glad you will stop with the comments. That is very reassuring!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Or...and hear me out...we don't do that. Again not a solitary soul has requested your opinion on Biden's mental state. You've admitted you aren't qualified to give such a determination.
    What did you mean by this?

What did you mean by this?
    It is an extra bit of phrasing added to emphasize how unnecessary and unsolicited your commentary was. It’s a rhetorical device.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So people have to ask permission from the rest in this forum to state an observation?
    Where are those rules stated as I've not run across them.
    Looks like your reading comprehension issues are flaring up again.

I am qualified to give an opinion on the signs and symptoms.
    You are not qualified to give an opinion on the signs and symptoms of someone you have not examined and who has not consented to be examined by you.

And you don't care.

It might be nice if you would apologize to the nursing profession for your continued insults, troll.
    Ignorance and arrogance are your 2 best traits, and those are not terribly beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    You are not qualified to give an opinion on the signs and symptoms of someone you have not examined and who has not consented to be examined by you.

And you don't care.
    One can notice signs and symptoms from TV performances. You have a great deal to learn about the powers of observation.
    You do not appear qualified to determine whether or not I can do this.
    Please refrain from your continued insistence that you have any knowledge about my profession.
    And, you are right. I do not care if you are uneducated about the nursing profession and observation in general at all. You also do not understand that the Goldwater Rule applies to physicians, not nurses. We do not diagnose. We simply observe and report our observations.
    Last edited by catman; 07-27-2021 at 02:30 PM.

One can notice signs and symptoms from TV performances. You have a great deal to learn about the powers of observation.
    You do not appear qualified to determine whether or not I can do this.
    Please refrain from your continued insistence that you have any knowledge about my profession.
    And, you are right. I do not care if you are uneducated about the nursing profession and observation in general at all.
    You are not the nursing profession. You are one nurse that is trying to hide behind your profession so you can question the mental capabilities of a person you have not examined and who has not consented to being examined by you.

Stop being an ethically dubious nurse who feels he needs to drag his profession into every conversation and I'll be happy to stop talking about it.

How many times did you have to edit that?