Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 79 of 1152 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081891291795791079 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 17266
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    A lot more people are going to get it. You're prolonging the inevitable.
    #AllLivesMatter

The initial fear was that people were going to die due to a lack of hospital beds and ventilators if it spread too quickly because that's what happened in Italy. It was always going to spread.
    And if we open up are we still at risk for the same thing? How are we in a better position to handle Covid now than we were in March?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    #AllLivesMatter
    Hey, I'm pro-choice. The reality is this thing might kill you when you're 80. You think you're saving lives by borrowing a few more trillion dollars and running more businesses into the ground. We're staring more shortages and an economic collapse directly in the face. And people want to set us up to be behind the rest of the world. Solid plan.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    And if we open up are we still at risk for the same thing? How are we in a better position to handle Covid now than we were in March?
    Beds and ventilators, lol. I answered your question. The "cure" was never coming in a mere couple of months. We'll develop a vaccine at some point but I'm sure this thing will continue to kill people for years.

We have a new virus.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

I would hope hospitals are better at treating it, that supple lines are better, that individuals know more and can do what they need to in a more responsible manner, that stores are have more knowledge and are more prepared to take precautions, we definitely have a much greater testing capacity. I think a better question would be why would you assume experience is not a teacher? Practice makes prefect and reps are always good. We could be more prepared at this point but we are clearly better prepared then we were in Feb
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-13-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The initial fear was that people were going to die due to a lack of hospital beds and ventilators if it spread too quickly because that's what happened in Italy. It was always going to spread.
    Yes, that initial fear is still in play, that's why everyone is being cautious as to how they get the economy going again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Beds and ventilators, lol. I answered your question. The "cure" was never coming in a mere couple of months. We'll develop a vaccine at some point but I'm sure this thing will continue to kill people for years.

We have a new virus.
    Beds and ventilators aren’t the fix. Knowing who has the disease is the fix at least until we have a vaccine. If we could massively test people we could open up with some confidence that we aren’t gonna see a big surge.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I would hope hospitals are better at treating it, that supple lines are better, that individuals know more and can do what they need to in a more responsible manner, that stores are have more knowledge and are more prepared to take precautions, we definitely have a much greater testing capacity. I think a better question would be why would you assume experience is not a teacher? Practice makes prefect and reps are always good. We could be more prepared at this point but we are clearly better prepared then we were in Feb
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not sure that they are significantly better. A little more prepared with more vents and a little more PPE (still wearing one N95 for a week at a time instead of one per patient). We’ve learned some new symptoms. All great for slightly mitigating the damage after people are sick. How do we stop people from getting sick and spreading it in the first place. That’s what we need to keep businesses open.

Beds and ventilators aren’t the fix. Knowing who has the disease is the fix at least until we have a vaccine. If we could massively test people we could open up with some confidence that we aren’t gonna see a big surge.
    Theoretically if we could test everyone on a daily basis, get immediate results, we could isolate it.

Don't get your hopes up, it ain't happening.

Theoretically if we could test everyone on a daily basis, get immediate results, we could isolate it.

Don't get your hopes up, it ain't happening.
    That’s the spirit that got us to the moon

Hey, I'm pro-choice. The reality is this thing might kill you when you're 80. You think you're saving lives by borrowing a few more trillion dollars and running more businesses into the ground. We're staring more shortages and an economic collapse directly in the face. And people want to set us up to be behind the rest of the world. Solid plan.
    #80YearOldsDon’tMatter

In all seriousness, I agree we need to start opening up the economy at some point soon. But it should be done in a phased approach based on health experts recommendations. Another 3 months of this seems excessive to me.
    Last edited by valade16; 05-13-2020 at 07:44 PM.

That’s the spirit that got us to the moon
    Hey, speaking of space travel the main guy in the country working on it thinks the lockdown is stupid.

Hey, speaking of space travel the main guy in the country working on it thinks the lockdown is stupid.
    Are you talking about the guy who essentially named his kid in binary?

#80YearOldsDon’tMatter

In all seriousness, I agree we need to start opening up the economy at some point soon. But it should be done in a phased approach based on health experts recommendations. Another 3 months of this seems excessive to me.

But you didn’t even want us to shut down in the first place and you complained about it the entire time. It’s not like you’re suddenly advocating for us to open up, you never wanted us to close to begin with.

Basically, my point is how frightening your callousness towards mass death of Americans is. Conservatives like you have been screaming “America first!” and talking about how we need to protect our own, and now we are doing that and you’re now yelling “let them die”.

At the very least, I’m never going to take your concern for fellow Americans safety very seriously ever again.
    Total bs. I referenced Sweden not shutting down as a reason why we could open up. Never denied the possibility of our hospitals being overwhelmed. Guess what, we're over that...

Get off your high horse.

Btw, I'm not a conservative. More of a libertarian, pot smoking atheist.

Are you talking about the guy who essentially named his kid in binary?
    He's got the spirit!