Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 78 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980881281785781078 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 17085
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Were they in the hundreds of thousands with prevention measures in place by May 2020?

If so, show me.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-latest-news/

White House task force projects 100,000 to 240,000 deaths in U.S., even with mitigation efforts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/5088976002

I figured that was the estimate he was referencing.

That number was actually between 100,000 and 240,000 for the entire year, not by May.

Given that, Iíd say the projection is looking pretty darn accurate considering we are already at 80,000.
    are things not slowing down? isn't that why the curve is flattening?

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Flatten the curve, why? To slow down the spread, keep hospitals from being overrun and then... reopen? If doing all this social distancing, staying at home, closing schools, closing non-essential businesses was done to flatten the curve and has mostly worked, whatís gonna happen if you just stop all that? Whatís changed between March and May to make us not need those things? Weíre testing more people, but mostly still the people who are symptomatic. The problem with this virus is that you canít see it it till itís already infected someone. To fix that we need a lot more testing to help us see infected people earlier in the process and we just arenít there yet. Flattening the curve bought us time that we didnít really use to make ourselves more prepared.
    things can reopen/partially reopen with social distancing, masks, and still not end up in another outbreak. it would also depend on people doing these things.

how can anyone expect America to remain closed across the country until there is a drug that we know would help. I understand that frustration, mental health is also a factor for those expected to stay home and inside 24/7.

I also know that there is a risk that comes with reopening. that is why I have also said this..

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I can't help but agree with this. as things open up again what is there to prevent people from getting this? social distancing? masks? except we've already seen hundreds/thousands of people that don't care about doing that.

as far as I'm aware there is no drug to help prevent people from getting this, as more and more people are exposed to each other it just creates more risk, especially when one can have covid19 and not even be aware of it.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-latest-news/

are things not slowing down? isn't that why the curve is flattening?
    I asked "Were they in the hundreds of thousands with prevention measures in place by May 2020?"

I already posted that estimate. It is between 100,000-240,000 by the end of the year, not May.

As for whether things are slowing down:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-2020-n1177936

Not by much. Yesterday was a very high day in terms of deaths.

The curve flattened... People literally want us to be months behind the rest of the world in reopening.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/01/coro...trictions.html

It seems pretty clear that he said that by monday of this week or earlier CA would start opening up. The 3 counties that abandoned Newsom can't be counted as part of CA opening up either.

I didn't say it was Newsom talking for LA, but you better believe Newsom pays a lot of attention, and is very involved in, what LA is doing/saying.
    I donít believe it. What are you going to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Whatís the rationale? Thatís excessive.

Iím in WA, the first hit, and we started (what I think) is a reasonable phasing process. Slowly open up necessary work and businesses and see what the impact is on the emergency and healthcare resources. Slowly open more and try to keep the number of sick people within a manageable threshold.

Itís sad that weíre just stuck in two extremes. Close it all down until thereís a vaccine vs. open EVERYTHING up now. Both are clearly wrong.

I havenít seen anyone say what restrictions have been extended for 3 months. Do guy know what this actually means?

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The curve flattened... People literally want us to be months behind the rest of the world in reopening.
    Ask China

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Ask China

They already started opening schools in cities. We're cancelling college fall semesters, lol.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

I wouldn't mind being a little behind the rest of the world since it would give us a chance to see the effects of reopening on someone else first.

3 months like what is proposed in California seems excessive. But the opposite side was you and your ilk demanding the entire country be reopened weeks ago. So I'd say both extremes are pretty bad.

I wouldn't mind being a little behind the rest of the world since it would give us a chance to see the effects of reopening on someone else first.

3 months like what is proposed in California seems excessive. But the opposite side was you and your ilk demanding the entire country be reopened weeks ago. So I'd say both extremes are pretty bad.
    A lot more people are going to get it. You're prolonging the inevitable.

You said "protocol", not that everybody was going to follow it. There is still the protocol.

I didn't say "counties" I said "countries".

This should be bottom up, not top down. The fact Newsom accepted 3 counties ignoring his orders shows that he accepts that to some extent.

So, you have no actual proof of CA government saving lives, it's just a guess. I'm not saying that they did or didn't I just think it's WAY too early to KNOW yet, particularly since those deaths may still be coming.
    It's not a guess. They did. If New York went lockdown a week later than they did, they would have over 4 times the amount of deaths. That's how exponential growth works.

America locking down when it did saved tens of thousands of lives, potentially hundreds of thousands if every major city experienced an outbreak.

It should not be bottom up. It was bottom up because no one was present at the top. It was the only way anything could get done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Why did we flatten the curve? What was the sacrifice for? Why are we better now than in March? There could have and should have been a plan to take advantage of the last 8 weeks to make us better equip to open without the same risk that existed in March. Now we can open all we want but most people see that nothing is better and will continue to largely stay home.

Who?
    Our mentally challenged govt

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Why did we flatten the curve? What was the sacrifice for? Why are we better now than in March? There could have and should have been a plan to take advantage of the last 8 weeks to make us better equip to open without the same risk that existed in March. Now we can open all we want but most people see that nothing is better and will continue to largely stay home.
    The initial fear was that people were going to die due to a lack of hospital beds and ventilators if it spread too quickly because that's what happened in Italy. It was always going to spread.

I think it's mostly because they don't care about it. The vast majority of people just want to get back to work and their lives.

I think Trump's attacks on the unreliability of the media was a great opportunity for the media to clean it up and win in the end, instead the media got worse and people have lost what little faith they had in the media. Add to that that a huge number of people don't consume mainstream media anymore but get their "news" in snippets on social media which is unfortunately filled with BS.

I also think this should be handled by local government as far as the direct handling of responses. But I also agree the information coming from the federal government should be much more ... well, reasonable, and it absolutely should not be coming from Trump.
    Local governments can handle a problem of this scale and donít have the authority to crate the solutions needed.

Trump should have gathered all the companies and government agencies (NO JARED) that are capable of getting massive testing up and running and made a Moon Shot challenge to have 10 million reliable/accurate tests a day by June. He could have used the governments ability to streamline approval, procure overseas components and force collaboration. People would know what the plan was and how we were gonna get there. It could have been something for the country to unify behind. And it would have been a solution and not just hoping it goes away which is apparently the current plan.