Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 779 of 810 FirstFirst ... 279679729769777778779780781789 ... LastLast
Results 11,671 to 11,685 of 12145
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    That very odd. I think there might be other factors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm fairly certain it involves forecasting. I read the article a few days back. The article's link to the report doesn't actually go to a report. It goes to the UCLA business website where they write about California expecting a better recovery compared to the rest of the states.

It's hardly straightforward.

I'm no economist but I got a bachelors in it and was consistently beaten in our heads that economics was inherently simple and straightforward. This is totally *** backwards.

Of course, we know big tech in SF made an absolute killing off of people sitting on their ***** on a computer all day so maybe...
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Probably forced the businesses to adopt rather than not take measures meanwhile the customers were going to want those measures taken.
    It forced a lot of businesses out of business.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I'm fairly certain it involves forecasting. I read the article a few days back. The article's link to the report doesn't actually go to a report. It goes to the UCLA business website where they write about California expecting a better recovery compared to the rest of the states.

It's hardly straightforward.

I'm no economist but I got a bachelors in it and was consistently beaten in our heads that economics was inherently simple and straightforward. This is totally *** backwards.

Of course, we know big tech in SF made an absolute killing off of people sitting on their ***** on a computer all day so maybe...
    Micro economics is relatively straightforward. Fewer base assumptions. Macro economics is extremely complicated and difficult to understand.

It forced a lot of businesses out of business.
    yeah, there's only so many ways to adapt when your customers can't come into your business and your business model is not easily changed to online or delivery

gotta love how many here seem to think 'if a business owner can't pay $15/hr or adapt to a pandemic maybe they shouldn't be in business' ....as if anyone could be prepared for what this past year threw at most of them
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Small businesses are still having a great deal of difficulty getting decent employees. Most of the businesses are having financial difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    yeah, there's only so many ways to adapt when your customers can't come into your business and your business model is not easily changed to online or delivery

gotta love how many here seem to think 'if a business owner can't pay $15/hr or adapt to a pandemic maybe they shouldn't be in business' ....as if anyone could be prepared for what this past year threw at most of them
    Hey, it was great for companies like Cisco, Twitter, Facebook, Zoom and the thousand of other tech companies based in Cali.

Speaking of economics, inflation is as bad as it been since 2008 and that was the worst economic period of most of our lives. The posters on here that yearn for Jimmy Carter are getting what they want I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Small businesses are still having a great deal of difficulty getting decent employees. Most of the businesses are having financial difficulties.
    You mean people got a slightly higher amount of money and now really don't think they should be working starvation wages?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

You mean people got a slightly higher amount of money and now really don't think they should be working starvation wages?
    At the expense of causing businesses to close? People cannot live on welfare for ever. It was never intended to be a career option.

Very sneaky how you guys played this whole thing. Never let a catastrophe go to waste.

Very sneaky how you guys played this whole thing. Never let a catastrophe go to waste.
    So it's a catastrophe now? Speaking of playing things, you argue it was nothing and that it was catastrophic whenever it suits you

At the expense of causing businesses to close? People cannot live on welfare for ever. It was never intended to be a career option.
    Agreed. The extra benefits should go away at the least by July when we hit our targeted vaccination goals across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Agreed. The extra benefits should go away at the least by July when we hit our targeted vaccination goals across the country.
    They shouldn't imo

The only way Maternity, Paternity, vacation, work week, Healthcare will ever get better if people continue not get forced to work at a job that is taking advantage of them

It will get worse before it gets better but it's necessary.

I'd like to think voting matters , but considering widespread voter repression measures continue to get implemented , it'll never have a revolutionary impact.

It was amazing to see people able to turn down **** jobs that underpay and overwork.

That said, of course they'll remove the benefits to help the businesses - small and large.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

What does sitting around doing nothing provide to the economy? All the extended unemployment benefits do is drain from economic activity. Nothing is produced.
    It would be much better to have those who are physically capable of doing something out doing public works projects -- cleaning city streets, painting public buildings, cleaning up roadsides.
    As I said, welfare was never intended to be a career option.

What does sitting around doing nothing provide to the economy? All the extended unemployment benefits do is drain from economic activity. Nothing is produced.
    It would be much better to have those who are physically capable of doing something out doing public works projects -- cleaning city streets, painting public buildings, cleaning up roadsides.
    As I said, welfare was never intended to be a career option.
    "How can we possibly expect people to go back to doing what they were doing 16 months ago?"

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

Hey, it was great for companies like Cisco, Twitter, Facebook, Zoom and the thousand of other tech companies based in Cali.

Speaking of economics, inflation is as bad as it been since 2008 and that was the worst economic period of most of our lives. The posters on here that yearn for Jimmy Carter are getting what they want I guess.
    Yearn is not strong enough a word I hunger for Jimmy Carter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-14-2021 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.