Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 776 of 956 FirstFirst ... 276676726766774775776777778786826876 ... LastLast
Results 11,626 to 11,640 of 14331
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Well, I got to the age that my grandmother reach where she couldn't figure out the VCR. I don't have a portable phone and my fingers are to thick and cumbersome to type texts. Plus, I don't like to be accessible when I on the toilet or taking a relaxing walk. It isn't so much figgering the *** out, I don't care to. I will keep paying in cash, pull cards out of my wallet and mentally remembering phone numbers. Also it the idea of presenting cards to get what I want when I didn't have to before not how easy it came be done. It my mindset. If I was around in the early 1900's I would been the one who poo-poo cars cause old Betsy the horse does me just fine.

After a few years, do you have to update your phone by buying a replacement? The 5G becomes the 6G and on and on. I got a line phone that can't take messages and old Betsy is fine by me.
    I've not had a cell phone contract for years, so I buy a phone outright every few years off ebay rather than making monthly payments on a contract. 5G was expected for years and 6G is hypothetical at the moment. My area isn't up to 5G yet anyway, so I'm in no hurry yet to replace the phone I bought 4 years ago.

I don't keep much on my phone- it's in the cloud. My contacts, texts, and all that are automatically backed up to the cloud. So literally, my phone could spontaneously combust or get run over by a truck and I'd basically lose nothing.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    "Early data show that vaccines help keep people with no symptoms from spreading COVID-19."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ngstoknow.html
    Einstein here thinks that "helps with" equals "are 100% effective against".

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think part of the understanding issue is past messaging. We were told masks protect yourself repeatedly. They protect others too, but the primary message was they protect YOU. Now you are fully vaccinated so you are safe. If someone else is not then they can wear their masks to make themselves safe. That matches the loudest volume messaging we've had.

Everyone masked and everyone vaxxed is "safest" but most people (on both sides) are not going for "safest" they want "normal" as soon as possible.

So, yeah, people are thinking of themselves but that doesn't mean they think other people are okay now too. We're all vaxxed but we wear masks in public for the social niceties until we move on from it and it's going to take some time.
    The primary message has been that masks help you....and everyone around you actually.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    It's part of the lefty playbook. The Shift
    Did you know that the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body?

So, only a lefty is in his or her right mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think part of the understanding issue is past messaging. We were told masks protect yourself repeatedly. They protect others too, but the primary message was they protect YOU. Now you are fully vaccinated so you are safe. If someone else is not then they can wear their masks to make themselves safe. That matches the loudest volume messaging we've had.

Everyone masked and everyone vaxxed is "safest" but most people (on both sides) are not going for "safest" they want "normal" as soon as possible.

So, yeah, people are thinking of themselves but that doesn't mean they think other people are okay now too. We're all vaxxed but we wear masks in public for the social niceties until we move on from it and it's going to take some time.
    Well yea you have to tell selfish people who don't care about anything beyond themselves that something will be beneficial to them. You don't sell them on the benefits to others. That will just get even more people refusing to wear them than already do so.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Well yea you have to tell selfish people who don't care about anything beyond themselves that something will be beneficial to them. You don't sell them on the benefits to others. That will just get even more people refusing to wear them than already do so.
    Yes, and now they are using that and the CDC to argue with teenage store clerks that they don't have to wear their masks in the grocery store even though they passed 8 signs on the way in that said they did

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Medical facilities are full of pathogens and public transportation has never been particularly clean. I would suggest that the recommendations are for the safety of the wearer, as opposed to the other people. I will continue to wear a mask when I'm packed into a small area like a sardine.
    But arenít those issues independent of Covid?

Possibly, but when you put people together in cramped quarters, it might be a good idea to protect yourself and others.

Man the NY Post wants this vaccine to be deadlier than COVID.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/23/cdc-in...mpression=true

The headline is designed to scare people and ignores the content posted in the article.

Rand Paul is working to reduce vaccination numbers. Coming out and saying that he's not getting the vaccine because he already tested positive for COVID. He knows that there is a base of support that he and his father have that will refuse the vaccine because they think that you get immunity from being infected and that it supplements the vaccine.

Anytime someone wants to take medical advice from Rand, they should be warned that he had to make his own fake accreditation to become an eye doctor in Kentucky.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Canada is giving out tickets for shaking hands

https://twitter.com/NicoleArbour/sta...120152069?s=20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post

They wouldnít have issues with law enforcement if they just complied with the laws. Isnít that how you do it when itís black people getting killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post

Oh no!

14. 05-23-2021, 08:12 PM
    Reason
    Insults

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    "The charade" says Mr. It's The Flu....But Get Vaxxed! You are ****ing lost.
    Reported for insults

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Not a charade and never was. Very cute effort to not sound like an ignorant doofus though.
    Reported for insults