Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 775 of 819 FirstFirst ... 275675725765773774775776777785 ... LastLast
Results 11,611 to 11,625 of 12275
    KEY POINTS
    The CDC announced new public health recommendations on masks Thursday.
    There are a handful of instances where people will still need to wear masks even if theyíve had their final vaccine dose two or more weeks ago.
    Masks will still be required in health-care settings, at businesses that mandate them or on public transportation.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/13/cdc-...-settings.html
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Says the guy that can't show me the science that the vaccinated should wear masks.
    It's part of the lefty playbook. The Shift
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

The Shift vs. the Victim, coming this fall to a theater near you.

Why is the CDC still recommending the vaccinated wear masks at medical facilities and on public transportation?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Why is the CDC still recommending the vaccinated wear masks at medical facilities and on public transportation?
    It's just a test to see how many of your rights you'll willingly give up. Next step, they're coming for your guns and imposing full blown communism.

I'm assuming too many immunocomprised are in medical facilities and people in close contact in public transportation. The vaxed can still be a carrier after all.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm assuming too many immunocomprised are in medical facilities and people in close contact in public transportation. The vaxed can still be a carrier after all.
    You mean peopleís interactions affect other people than those they directly see or talk to?

Hereís whatís going unsaid by the recommendations. People are too selfish to care about what they do and itís impact on other people. They canít be trusted to realize that they directly and indirectly impact so many people. Them simply being vaccinated protects them. Them being vaccinated in no way helps the person who canít get the vaccine because theyíre too young or otherwise immune compromised.

Medical facilities are full of pathogens and public transportation has never been particularly clean. I would suggest that the recommendations are for the safety of the wearer, as opposed to the other people. I will continue to wear a mask when I'm packed into a small area like a sardine.

"Early data show that vaccines help keep people with no symptoms from spreading COVID-19."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ngstoknow.html

it was the same way with mask mandates....don't like it? don't have to enter the business...and from the other side, don't follow my rules? I'll ask you to leave
    True, but in the time of online shopping where you can even buy a a car it seems over the computer, customers have the options not to buy from these guys. Yes, I will eventually get a shot, but I getting tired of showing my ID to vote, support my two zigs a day, when it quite clear I am not underage to buy smokes, and now I might have to show my "papers" to prove I have been vaccinated. When will it end? Will I have to paid to renew my vaccination card like my ID? Or have it updated with new vaccinations for the common flu as well?

Maybe I got to old to deal with these changing times.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    You mean peopleís interactions affect other people than those they directly see or talk to?

Hereís whatís going unsaid by the recommendations. People are too selfish to care about what they do and itís impact on other people. They canít be trusted to realize that they directly and indirectly impact so many people. Them simply being vaccinated protects them. Them being vaccinated in no way helps the person who canít get the vaccine because theyíre too young or otherwise immune compromised.
    I think part of the understanding issue is past messaging. We were told masks protect yourself repeatedly. They protect others too, but the primary message was they protect YOU. Now you are fully vaccinated so you are safe. If someone else is not then they can wear their masks to make themselves safe. That matches the loudest volume messaging we've had.

Everyone masked and everyone vaxxed is "safest" but most people (on both sides) are not going for "safest" they want "normal" as soon as possible.

So, yeah, people are thinking of themselves but that doesn't mean they think other people are okay now too. We're all vaxxed but we wear masks in public for the social niceties until we move on from it and it's going to take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    True, but in the time of online shopping where you can even buy a a car it seems over the computer, customers have the options not to buy from these guys. Yes, I will eventually get a shot, but I getting tired of showing my ID to vote, support my two zigs a day, when it quite clear I am not underage to buy smokes, and now I might have to show my "papers" to prove I have been vaccinated. When will it end? Will I have to paid to renew my vaccination card like my ID? Or have it updated with new vaccinations for the common flu as well?

You live in ILL. No ID required to vote.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Those damn inconveniences of living in a first world country.

One thing I've done in recent years is scan (or taken a pic with my phone) of all my IDs, fishing license, insurance cards, and now vax card.....no longer need to find it in my billfold (or even keep it in there) 'cause I can just easily pull it all up on my phone.

We're old, but we ain't dead yet. We can still figger **** out

One thing I've done in recent years is scan (or taken a pic with my phone) of all my IDs, fishing license, insurance cards, and now vax card.....no longer need to find it in my billfold (or even keep it in there) 'cause I can just easily pull it all up on my phone.

We're old, but we ain't dead yet. We can still figger **** out
    Well, I got to the age that my grandmother reach where she couldn't figure out the VCR. I don't have a portable phone and my fingers are to thick and cumbersome to type texts. Plus, I don't like to be accessible when I on the toilet or taking a relaxing walk. It isn't so much figgering the *** out, I don't care to. I will keep paying in cash, pull cards out of my wallet and mentally remembering phone numbers. Also it the idea of presenting cards to get what I want when I didn't have to before not how easy it came be done. It my mindset. If I was around in the early 1900's I would been the one who poo-poo cars cause old Betsy the horse does me just fine.

After a few years, do you have to update your phone by buying a replacement? The 5G becomes the 6G and on and on. I got a line phone that can't take messages and old Betsy is fine by me.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-21-2021 at 11:26 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers