Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 765 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 265665715755763764765766767775815865 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,475 of 15683
    You guys are like a dog with a bone...just can't let something go until you've chewed it all up and you all want a piece. He wasn't stating his opinion so much as stating the obvious- the official stance has changed on recording deaths. Question who said it, question when it was said, but it's still fact. Perhaps there's reasons we're not aware for the change, such as how much facilities are being paid for services provided depending on how they're tagged, or maybe facilities have been improperly tagging services so more clarification was needed. Or maybe nothing to do with funding and a rethink on how they want to handle statistical data. But once again, what appeared to me to be originally an innocuous statement by a conservative is being analyzed and criticized ad nauseum serving no real productive purpose. Been there, done that. You guys aren't happy unless conservatives bow to your line of thinking. Anything else is like throwing chum into a pool of sharks.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You guys are like a dog with a bone...just can't let something go until you've chewed it all up and you all want a piece. He wasn't stating his opinion so much as stating the obvious- the official stance has changed on recording deaths. Question who said it, question when it was said, but it's still fact. Perhaps there's reasons we're not aware for the change, such as how much facilities are being paid for services provided depending on how they're tagged, or maybe facilities have been improperly tagging services so more clarification was needed. Or maybe nothing to do with funding and a rethink on how they want to handle statistical data. But once again, what appeared to me to be originally an innocuous statement by a conservative is being analyzed and criticized ad nauseum serving no real productive purpose. Been there, done that. You guys aren't happy unless conservatives bow to your line of thinking. Anything else is like throwing chum into a pool of sharks.
    You're extremely naive if you buy this as innocent fact checking.

Our Republican Governor, whom I have a lot of respect for, is getting a lot of heat from allegedly significantly under reporting COVID deaths in nursing homes.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Ok so here's the problem. Either you're playing the "I'm just stating the facts" game or you're a bit naive.

Why does this story matter? Honestly? It's just like with the ballot counting. No one is claiming the death count is 100% accurate. But I think reasonable people believe that it's close enough to not make a difference.

What you're doing right now is a cheap trick used usually to dog whistle and play the victim. It's exactly what holocaust deniers do. They act like they're uncovering new info. Then when they receive backlash they go "hey I'm just asking questions bro".

But you're not just asking questions. Your pushing a narrative but aren't owning up to it. If you believe a huge amount if covid statistics are made up. Own that ****. But don't ***** foot around what you believe.

I at least respect that some posters just are upfront about being racist, bigoted or conspiracy nuts. But this acting like you're Mr. Fair man and just asking questions us a cheap trick. Used by cons like Tucker Carlson.

So please state your opinion. But don't do the Speciak gaslight where you pretend to be am unbiased source of info.

Its a notch above tokening around a black guy using white nationalist talking points. The obvious unspoken point being "it cant be racist against blacks because this guy is black...."Or a gay man being pro conversion therapy. It's manipulative. You did the same thing with global warming. Turned out you didn't no **** and still held a factless position.
    Death counts and presidential elections. Where close enough is the sought after goal.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

You're extremely naive if you buy this as innocent fact checking.
    Dude, you just got done saying 'why does this story matter'....but now you're saying it does then? Pick a side.
    Not to mention missing my point. Ten bucks says a lefty posting the original comment doesn't generate the same discussion.

https://www.nber.org/papers/w28804

Study that basically says Texas removing the mask mandate had no negative effect on Covid cases AND no positive effect on the economy because people's behavior didn't significantly change. (which is what I've been saying all along)

I would NOT take this as any kind of "proof" masks don't work nor that un-masking is bad. It's just more data.

Ok so here's the problem. Either you're playing the "I'm just stating the facts" game or you're a bit naive.

Why does this story matter? Honestly? It's just like with the ballot counting. No one is claiming the death count is 100% accurate. But I think reasonable people believe that it's close enough to not make a difference.

What you're doing right now is a cheap trick used usually to dog whistle and play the victim. It's exactly what holocaust deniers do. They act like they're uncovering new info. Then when they receive backlash they go "hey I'm just asking questions bro".

But you're not just asking questions. Your pushing a narrative but aren't owning up to it. If you believe a huge amount if covid statistics are made up. Own that ****. But don't ***** foot around what you believe.

I at least respect that some posters just are upfront about being racist, bigoted or conspiracy nuts. But this acting like you're Mr. Fair man and just asking questions us a cheap trick. Used by cons like Tucker Carlson.

So please state your opinion. But don't do the Speciak gaslight where you pretend to be am unbiased source of info.

Its a notch above tokening around a black guy using white nationalist talking points. The obvious unspoken point being "it cant be racist against blacks because this guy is black...."Or a gay man being pro conversion therapy. It's manipulative. You did the same thing with global warming. Turned out you didn't no **** and still held a factless position.
    100%

Maybe you should stop defending people just because they are also conservative and religious.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Maybe you should stop defending people just because they are also conservative and religious.
    The likelihood of you NOT replying like this to me was somewhere in the neighborhood of 0%

Not even defending, simply calling attention to the hypocrisy of the discussion....

I call 'em as I see 'em. catman has been pushing this nonsense for the entirety of the pandemic. I believe he's generally stated that 50% of the COVID-19 death tally is phony (and then flips out if you don't agree with him, simply because he's a "healthcare worker").

If you agree with him, just say so. If you don't, why do you constantly go to bat for him?

You love trying to verbally separate yourself from the other Republicans on this board, yet still go out of your way to align yourself with them at times. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I call 'em as I see 'em. catman has been pushing this nonsense for the entirety of the pandemic. I believe he's generally stated that 50% of the COVID-19 death tally is phony (and then flips out if you don't agree with him, simply because he's a "healthcare worker").

If you agree with him, just say so. If you don't, why do you constantly go to bat for him?
    You are truly prone to the dramatic.
    catman has never flipped out nor have I constantly gone to bat for him.

Didn't even say I agreed with him because I saw the bulk of the discussion as pointless, yet you guys kept hammering at him like he was supposed to change his mind...as lefties here are prone to do, it's not enough to disagree with conservatives, gotta keep hammering at it like they're going to change their minds as if they're automatically wrong if they don't agree. I call 'em as I see 'em as well.

You love trying to verbally separate yourself from the other Republicans on this board, yet still go out of your way to align yourself with them at times. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    Incorrect, I've separated myself from some of our more Orange posters.

You are truly prone to the dramatic. catman has never flipped out nor have I constantly gone to bat for him.

Oh wow. This is an absolutely absurd statement! catman has flipped out on a bunch of occasions, and you're actually going to bat for him right now by claiming otherwise (not to mention your initial defense of him which led to this current exchange). Maybe I could have used a different term than "constant" there but come on, man.

Didn't even say I agreed with him because I saw the bulk of the discussion as pointless, yet you guys kept hammering at him like he was supposed to change his mind...as lefties here are prone to do, it's not enough to disagree with conservatives, gotta keep hammering at it like they're going to change their minds as if they're automatically wrong if they don't agree. I call 'em as I see 'em as well.
    ....and, like clockwork, here comes the victim complex.

Oh wow. This is an absolutely absurd statement! catman has flipped out on a bunch of occasions, and you're actually going to bat for him right now by claiming otherwise (not to mention your initial defense of him which led to this current exchange). Maybe I could have used a different term than "constant" there but come on, man.

....and, like clockwork, here comes the victim complex.
    .....as you prove my point about you being prone to the dramatic. Thanks!

Victim? lmao...of what? You're the one getting defensive again.