Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 763 of 819 FirstFirst ... 263663713753761762763764765773813 ... LastLast
Results 11,431 to 11,445 of 12275
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Explain how science and statistics is laughable?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ge_3.30_p1.jpg

Seems pretty simple. Elderly definitely should get the vaccine. Younger age group is significantly less risk of the virus (not saying there is no risk)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you have parents and other living relatives or friends or just older people you actually care about?

THAT'S why you get the vaccine if nothing else. If you're vaccinated (flu/Covid/whatever) you're less likely to pass it on to them.

And that doesn't even take into account the long term effects some have had from this. I still have friends in their 40s who were extremely active running, rock climbing, etc that still a year since having Covid have far less energy than they used to. I still know someone locally that now some 8 or so months later has not regained her taste and smell.

So one more time- just because a young person is at less risk to DIE from this virus, they can still suffer some long term issues from it and they can still pass it on to other people.....all of that significantly reduced by simply taking a shot.

What actually is your REASON to not get it? Take away politics because there shouldn't be any...what is the reason? Just obstinence? Or....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

He ain't gonna do what the government recommends. He's just gonna stomp his feet and cry about it all in his ongoing efforts to paint himself as a victim and own the libs.

The director of the CDC seems to be saying what I've said all along:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cdc...navirus-deaths

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    The director of the CDC seems to be saying what I've said all along:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cdc...navirus-deaths
    Nice try but no, she's not. Where exactly did she state that a large amount of COVID-19 deaths aren't really COVID-19 deaths?

Though I can't say I'm surprised that you and Brewers have latched on to this interview like a hungry pitbull on a t-bone.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Nice try but no, she's not. Where exactly did she state that a large amount of COVID-19 deaths aren't really COVID-19 deaths?
    Actually, she is saying pretty much what I have said all along. People with Covid do not necessarily die of Covid. There are many other reasons that they die. That does not, however, minimize the number of people that have died, just the causes.

Actually, she is saying pretty much what I have said all along. People with Covid do not necessarily die of Covid. There are many other reasons that they die. That does not, however, minimize the number of people that have died, just the causes.
    Yes. Just like no one has ever died from AIDS. This whole point is a red herring.

They almost never "die from Covid" They die from respiratory failure.

Should we try to pinpoint if it was the lung cancer or the CoVid? No.

It's such a weird way for a doctor to look at anything. "Died from Covid". It's not normally in a doctors vernacular.

600K people have not died of Covid in this country, according to what you just said. I disagree. I think the death totals are inflated and the director of the CDC appears to agree with my stance. The people have died and many were infected with Covid, but Covid was not the primary cause of death for some.

600K people have not died of Covid in this country, according to what you just said. I disagree. I think the death totals are inflated and the director of the CDC appears to agree with my stance. The people have died and many were infected with Covid, but Covid was not the primary cause of death for some.
    Experts have indicated the number is much higher than the reported total. So you're correct. It isn't 600k. It's more.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

How many died of Covid as opposed to dying with Covid? The CDC said that it was acceptable to call any death of someone with Covid as a Covid death. Apparently, they are backing off that statement.

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts...iefing-april-7
    The transcript from a press conference from April 2020.
    From the transcript:
    Dr. Birx: (01:38:13)
    So I think in this country weíve taken a very liberal approach to mortality and I think the reporting here has been pretty straightforward over the last five to six weeks. Prior to that when there wasnít testing in January and February, thatís a very different situation and unknown. There are other countries that if you had a preexisting condition and letís say the virus caused you to go to the ICU and then have a heart or kidney problem, some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death. Right now weíre still recording it and the great thing about having forms that come in and a form that has the ability to mark it as COVID-19 infection, the intent is right now that if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that as a COVID-19 death.

This is my point. The government may have "overcounted" Covid deaths.
    Last edited by catman; 05-17-2021 at 09:55 PM.

No they do not. Can you provide any statement or literature from the CDC where they state 600,000 is an overestimation?

Read the statement from Dr. Birx from April 2020. She said, and I will quote here:
    the intent is right now that if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that as a COVID-19 death.

How many people that were infected with Covid actually died of something else? According to CDC rules, coroners were allowed to list people that were infected with Covid as Covid deaths, regardless of what attending physicians stated on the official death certificates that they personally sign.
    Last edited by catman; 05-17-2021 at 10:05 PM.

Read the statement from Dr. Birx from April 2020. She said, and I will quote here:
    the intent is right now that if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that as a COVID-19 death.

How many people that were infected with Covid actually died of something else? According to CDC rules, coroners were allowed to list people that were infected with Covid as Covid deaths, regardless of what attending physicians stated on the official death certificates that they personally sign.
    Unless Iím mistaken Dr. Bruce does not and did not work at the CDC.

The CDC says that Covid deaths are likely underreported:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/medical...r-reported.amp

Not Dr. Bruce, Dr. Birx. She was one of the people in charge of the official count for the government.
    We have had this discussion before and did not reach any area of agreement. Unfortunately, it appears your mind is still closed to any new information so I will close my part of the discussion on this note.