Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 76 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176576 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 15749
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    No I mean Twitter.
    verified accounts from the actual media, with links to articles/stories from their actual websites.

do you not understand this.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    verified accounts from the actual media, with links to articles/stories from their actual websites.

do you not understand this.
    Tim pool? Don jr?

Los Angeles Countyís stay-at-home orders will ďwith all certaintyĒ be extended for the next three months, county Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer acknowledged during a Board of Supervisors meeting Tuesday.
    https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ard-new-normal

Why would they jump that far forward at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ard-new-normal

Why would they jump that far forward at this point?
    My guess is that people are tired of the uncertainty. Pushing it 3 months in an area that is likely not going to be much better in 3 months allows for people to plan a little farther ahead.

Theyíre probably basing this off of models for their area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    My guess is that people are tired of the uncertainty. Pushing it 3 months in an area that is likely not going to be much better in 3 months allows for people to plan a little farther ahead.

Theyíre probably basing this off of models for their area.
    There is still uncertainty, but I see your point. The problem is that they are going to be seeing the news of other places using different dates/rules which is likely to increase push back against these restrictions. As well as telling businesses that were hoping for progress in the next few days to not bother waiting to shut down and move operations elsewhere.

Supposedly the NFL has already discussed moving CA teams to other states for next season. Other leagues will have to be considering it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    There is still uncertainty, but I see your point. The problem is that they are going to be seeing the news of other places using different dates/rules which is likely to increase push back against these restrictions. As well as telling businesses that were hoping for progress in the next few days to not bother waiting to shut down and move operations elsewhere.

Supposedly the NFL has already discussed moving CA teams to other states for next season. Other leagues will have to be considering it too.
    Well that's governments job. People want to push back on a lot of things, but if places are opening with no distancing protocol in place it's up to the govt to go shut them down, imo.

It's funny how California went in lockdown and started this movement. California politicians made a decisions that saved at least tens of thousands of lives, if not more. Yet people are trying to threaten them with all this talk, lol, **** elon musk!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

were the death projections not more in the hundreds of thousands?
    Oh, without a doubt. Just wait for it.

I dont know what timeframes they put on those numbers, but 100k def looks like its gonna be an undercount..

Last edited by nastynice; 05-13-2020 at 02:15 PM.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

did I say that?

I've seen the media and what they say. remember you don't watch CNN so how would you know.

wasn't it said in the beginning that they wanted to flatten the curve and then America could reopen, and now that that has happened, it's still not good enough to reopen?

Were they in the hundreds of thousands with prevention measures in place by May 2020?

If so, show me.

wasn't it said in the beginning that they wanted to flatten the curve and then America could reopen, and now that that has happened, it's still not good enough to reopen?

Flatten the curve, why? To slow down the spread, keep hospitals from being overrun and then... reopen? If doing all this social distancing, staying at home, closing schools, closing non-essential businesses was done to flatten the curve and has mostly worked, whatís gonna happen if you just stop all that? Whatís changed between March and May to make us not need those things? Weíre testing more people, but mostly still the people who are symptomatic. The problem with this virus is that you canít see it it till itís already infected someone. To fix that we need a lot more testing to help us see infected people earlier in the process and we just arenít there yet. Flattening the curve bought us time that we didnít really use to make ourselves more prepared.
    Last edited by GasMan; 05-13-2020 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Flattening the curve bought us time that we didnít really use to make ourselves more prepared.
    lol, yup!!

Our govt is ****in pathetic. The same idiots crying for the economy are the same ones who are gonna cause it to shut down again.

what is wrong with you. I've never seen anyone this obsessed with me. I know every day after I post there are going to be replies plural from you, that offer nothing. this is disturbing. at least others can make points and argue on topic, most of the time.
    of course you're going to reply to this with more nonsense, so go ahead.
    Well, my brain isnt mush. I thi k my post offered plenty. You get your news from verified media sources on twitter, I'm curious as to why we get links to skateboarder and disillusioned democrat tim pool and don jr. What media outlets do they work for?

I suspect you are disturbed because I can maintain a train of thought from day to day which kinda blows any arguments you make. See I, like many others here, see you complaining about media bias daily while presenting the most biased media as your sources. I get this whole I'm a troll cause you make yourself look foolish thing you have going on. I still plan to point out your foolishness, I'll do it with simple replies. Its quick, it's easy, and all the time or effort you are worth. If ever you give me the impression that you are here looking for any discussion beyond your regular trolling, I'd be happy to actually engage with you at that point. Until then, I believe there is an ignore button if my posts upset you.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Well that's governments job. People want to push back on a lot of things, but if places are opening with no distancing protocol in place it's up to the govt to go shut them down, imo.

It's funny how California went in lockdown and started this movement. California politicians made a decisions that saved at least tens of thousands of lives, if not more. Yet people are trying to threaten them with all this talk, lol, **** elon musk!
    As far as I know social distancing is still the protocol everywhere in the US.

As far as I can tell CA ordered the shelter in place on 3/19 ... the same day as Texas, and CA absolutely didn't start it considering it had already happened in several countries by that point. In Texas the government is limited to a lock down for 30 days. The governor said the two weeks before that that they were suggesting people shelter in place and maintain distance but they didn't want to issue the order early and start the clock to when they had to end it.

The problem I have with this one is that it creates more issues than it solves. Newsom said a few weeks ago that CA was going to start opening in "days not weeks", I assume because he was trying to calm people down. Now this is the opposite.

Can you show where "California politicians made a decisions that saved at least tens of thousands of lives" is proven?

FWIW, my family and I are still staying home and minimizing exposure despite not being required to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Were they in the hundreds of thousands with prevention measures in place by May 2020?

If so, show me.
    IIRC The number I saw was 240k about a month ago. I don't think he expected the lock down to last forever, but I don't really know.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Flatten the curve, why? To slow down the spread, keep hospitals from being overrun and then... reopen? If doing all this social distancing, staying at home, closing schools, closing non-essential businesses was done to flatten the curve and has mostly worked, whatís gonna happen if you just stop all that? Whatís changed between March and May to make us not need those things? Weíre testing more people, but mostly still the people who are symptomatic. The problem with this virus is that you canít see it it till itís already infected someone. To fix that we need a lot more testing to help us see infected people earlier in the process and we just arenít there yet. Flattening the curve bought us time that we didnít really use to make ourselves more prepared.
    One MAJOR thing that has happened is that a lot of people are out of money and are losing their minds. Also the news has been full of the fact that this isn't going away this month or this year and they are thinking that there is no way they will survive regardless of the shelter.

I think the way a lot of people are looking at it is ... we're all going to be exposed to it, a quarter of a million of us are going to die, nothing we do is going to make that better. Let's get on with it, even if it means more stress on the health care system and even if it means more people will die because of it.

On the re-open causing a re-close ... I doubt it happens. I think it's just going to accelerate the death rate and people will be inured to it..