Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 719 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 219619669709717718719720721729769819 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,785 of 17227
  1. #10771
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,627
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They control 99% of the wealth for a reason. The government keeps allowing ways for rich people to circumvent the tax system or give them advantages middle class people don't have. They have to close loopholes, increase taxes on the wealthy, etc. And from the business side, these huge companies need to show they are re-investing tax breaks into employment and raising wages instead of using profits to increase dividends and stock prices to shareholders or giving parachutes to board members.

    Its crony capitalism that is hurting this country big time.
    Hey, the government restrictions have been GREAT for big business and crony capitalism. I'm proposing the end of the restrictions.

    But let's been honest, you'd be going on about the 1% vs. the 99% regardless of whether there was a pandemic or not. So how about we end it already? There's a vaccine. Enough.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  2. #10772
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,850
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Hey, the government restrictions have been GREAT for big business and crony capitalism. I'm proposing the end of the restrictions.

    But let's been honest, you'd be going on about the 1% vs. the 99% regardless of whether there was a pandemic or not. So how about we end it already? There's a vaccine. Enough.
    First Bolded: Oh, the guy who constantly advocates tax cuts for corporations suddenly cares...

    Second Bolded: then take the vaccine so we can end it already.

  3. #10773
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,627
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Itís not that you didnít know, itís that you didnít care.
    Let's be honest, it's pissing you off that people aren't dead in the street after Texas and Florida started packing stadiums.

    The death toll is sooo juiced it's not even funny. They marked people that had a cough as a covid death after dying of stage 4 cancer, strokes, and heart attacks.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  4. #10774
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,850
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Let's be honest, it's pissing you off that people aren't dead in the street after Texas and Florida started packing stadiums.

    The death toll is sooo juiced it's not even funny. They marked people that had a cough as a covid death after dying of stage 4 cancer, strokes, and heart attacks.
    Actually itís not, itís awesome theyíre opening back up and starting to return to normal. Iím actually flying back from my Hawaiian vacation.

    I just wore a mask while doing so. Apparently that was just too much oppression for you.

  5. #10775
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,134
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Hey, the government restrictions have been GREAT for big business and crony capitalism. I'm proposing the end of the restrictions.

    But let's been honest, you'd be going on about the 1% vs. the 99% regardless of whether there was a pandemic or not. So how about we end it already? There's a vaccine. Enough.
    That was an unintended consequence and a choice Americans made because they didn't want to get sick or get others sick. I know you look at it as justification for not having pandemic precautions being taken but I'm glad the rest of the world doesn't operate that way. Have you seen what is going in India for example?

    And the subsequent legislation once we saw all these billionaires and millionaires expanding their wealth should have been to raise expenditures on them. Not give them tax breaks while increasing government spending exponentially. Could it have to do with Trump having a skin in the game? Nah, can't be. Whatever the case is, the trickle down economic theory is ********. It especially exposed in times like these.

    They will. Not to your liking in terms of the timing but restrictions are being eased back incrementally as more people are vaccinated. As Valade and I have said, you want normalcy again? Get the shot.

  6. #10776
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,850
    I wonder what insane, babbling conspiracy theories Fingerbang will spew once we return to normal from Covid since heís convinced it was all a ploy to take control and force us to wear masks forever?

  7. #10777
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,627
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: Oh, the guy who constantly advocates tax cuts for corporations suddenly cares...

    Second Bolded: then take the vaccine so we can end it already.
    1. I like tax cuts. It was great for big business because companies like Amazon made a killing. The small business owner got hammered during covid.

    2. I'll take it after I wait a few years and see what the long term effects are. I'm sure it'll be fine but most vaccines tend to go through years of testing. If I thought covid was so dangerous I would be singing a different tune. If you're vaccinated you should be fine.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  8. #10778
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,850
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    1. I like tax cuts. It was great for big business because companies like Amazon made a killing. The small business owner got hammered during covid.

    2. I'll take it after I wait a few years and see what the long term effects are. I'm sure it'll be fine but most vaccines tend to go through years of testing. If I thought covid was so dangerous I would be singing a different tune. If you're vaccinated you should be fine.
    Small business owners get hammered when corporations get massive tax cuts too...

  9. #10779
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,627
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Small business owners get hammered when corporations get massive tax cuts too...
    Yea, well, most small business owners in this country are fox news cronies so they must not know as much about their businesses as you do, lmao. Small business owners hate taxes.

    And let's get it back on track because you're the one going on about taxes. The pandemic is about small businesses not being able to operate and sell their product.

    Of course you opportunists want to jump on it and spout your 1% vs. 99% "democratic socialist" jargon.

    Let them operate!!!
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  10. #10780
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,134
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I wonder what insane, babbling conspiracy theories Fingerbang will spew once we return to normal from Covid since heís convinced it was all a ploy to take control and force us to wear masks forever?
    Americans can be unbelievably ignorant and stubborn. I want things on my terms and my terms only. Make sure you give them to me now as well.

    We're willing to complain about the problem then balk when a solution is given to us.

    The virus isn't going away on its own. The means are there to fix all the collateral damage but instead we'd rather make it political and stand our ground because we have "freedoms". When someone makes that decision, they also make the decision to further delay what they are hoping for again. Normalcy.

  11. #10781
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,050
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Actually itís not, itís awesome theyíre opening back up and starting to return to normal. Iím actually flying back from my Hawaiian vacation.

    I just wore a mask while doing so. Apparently that was just too much oppression for you.
    where were you at?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  12. #10782
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,627
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Americans can be unbelievably ignorant and stubborn. I want things on my terms and my terms only. Make sure you give them to me now as well.

    We're willing to complain about the problem then balk when a solution is given to us.

    The virus isn't going away on its own. The means are there to fix all the collateral damage but instead we'd rather make it political and stand our ground because we have "freedoms". When someone makes that decision, they also make the decision to further delay what they are hoping for again. Normalcy.
    It's quite convenient that the solutions I've been given by you in the last half hour just sounds like Bernie Sander's 2016 campaign slogans.

    That guy is a ****ing Nostradamus or something.

    The virus isn't ever going away. We knew that 400 days ago.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  13. #10783
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,050
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Small business owners get hammered when corporations get massive tax cuts too...
    well, at least they're able to maintain their status quo....this past year that's not been the case and still isn't the case for many of them
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  14. #10784
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,627
    Ahaha, Valade that's some champagne socialist ****!!! Been *****ing about people not staying home and doing their part and you're out there in Hawaii killing grandmothers.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  15. #10785
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,134
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    It's quite convenient that the solutions I've been given by you in the last half hour just sounds like Bernie Sander's 2016 campaign slogans.

    That guy is a ****ing Nostradamus or something.

    The virus isn't ever going away. We knew that 400 days ago.
    The virus will eventually get to a point where it doesn't have the encompassing effects it does now. The quickest way to that is to get people vaccinated now and annually as more strands of the virus emerge.

    Its a really simple process but people would rather buy into what they hear about freedoms, what Fox News/Oan/Newsmax are telling them, or play pseudo doctor on their own.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •